IGNORED

Where's my .45 !!!!

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

Yes, another 'gun thread', by one who is typically opposing them. You see, there are exceptions to any rule..... this is NOT about the US, so safe to read on.....

We were wakened this Saturday morning before 7 a.m. by the phone ringing next to my head. Phone calls like that can only mean trouble. Either Mom's going bad, Nina's father having health issues, or Vivian having some sort of problem.

Sure enough and unfortunately, I was right in my fear. Turns out Vivian is on the line, telling us that she just had a guy standing bent over her and touching her while she was asleep! WTF !!??

After the initial flurry of words and us not really understanding, being still half asleep, it turns out that Viv's 'new' neighbor forced her bedroom door and entered the house. She woke up when he touched her, and he fled, hiding outside. Vivian saw him and TALKED to him, saying he couldn't hide! Dumb or brave? I stick with the latter.

THIS is the point where I as a father (or as a husband if it were the case) am wishing that we would NOT have gone all softy in this country and society. This is the point where I have to admit that some of those gun nuts DO have a point. This is the moment in time I'd have put a bullet in the chamber, slid the safety catch forward and would have confronted the bugger with the fact that NOBODY touches my daughter and/or wife.

I might not have shot him on the spot, but I sure would have made VERY certain that he'd gotten my point..... and find another place to live SOON!

Instead.... I had to advise my daughter to call the police (who actually turned up, which is a small miracle in itself nowadays). Police came and in fact arrested him, Vivian went to the station to file complaint. The guy was drunk, and maybe stoned as well, who knows. Doesn't matter and is no excuse in MY book !

rant on

The problem of course is that he'll get his wrist slapped at most and that's the end of it!

We can NOT make him 'physically aware' of what his place in society is. We'd get arrested.

We can not even put his name on the Internet, telling the world about the trash he is..... we'd get fined (yes, happened a few months ago here).

We can't even get a judge to make him leave and find a stone to crawl under.... there are no such laws anymore.

Chase him out of the city in tar and feathers..... that's what I would like to do..... after I'd smack him one on both of his eyes, that is !

But no, we now live in a country where even real criminals, murderers and worse get put in an 'open institution' where they are allowed to 'go shopping' once a week, or go home over the weekend. And where authorities are subsequently truly amazed that such people evade their (civil and unarmed) 'guards', and commit another rape or murder (happened 3 times over the past 12 months already) !!!

Am I angry?? You bet I am!

Am I being unreasonable? Well, maybe. But I have lately come to the conclusion that we have been way too 'reasonable' for many years now, adding injury to insult in many cases for the rightful and law-abiding inhabitants of this country.

With countries getting crowded, social 'control' diminishing, criminals getting free play and intimidating even the bravest of honest people it is high time we step up to the plate and change our laws, put some tax money towards protecting ourselves instead of some goat or camel shepherds in Africa or Afghanistan (sorry guys, you're on your own for a bit) and get things back on track!

/rant

Sorry folks, but what better place to get this out of my system than an American motorcycle forum, eh? :eek:

If it's any consolation, about the only one of those things you can't do that you could do here is put his name online.

If it's any consolation, about the only one of those things you can't do that you could do here is put his name online.

That, and (at the time of the incident) shoot him.

Wow Francois, I feel your anger.

With this guy being a new neighbor, you got to wonder what's in store for the future. What gets me, is if you lay your hands on him, the law will have a field day with you. Seems as if the bad apples always get the velvet touch and the good people who finally loose it, get the full brunt of the law.

Best to stay cool, at least for a while, six month down the road,who knows, the guy might make contact with a baseball bat on the dyke, in the dark, near that windmill.

I hope Vivian is resiliant and gets over this scary adventure, although there may be no harm in filing for mental anguish, unable to perform sexually, nightmares, unable to sleep etc etc.

I share your views on the laws, be assured that they are equally lax in Canada and from what I have seen recently, in Germany.

Your live is never dull, Francois!

Jurgen

That's 5 things we now agree on.

Francois, bring your family to Texas, we'll take care of you and yours.

Whip

From the practical point of view, I'd say you need to check on some security devices. Motion detectors if she doesn't have pets; perimeter alarms for sure. Obviously better locks.

From the impractical point of view, I'd say find someone with no connection to either her or you to flatten his tires or punch out the windshield a couple of times a week until he gets the hint and moves. Pellet guns work well and allow you to get really personal with him if you want to quit being subtle.

So Francois should send us his name and we'll publish it! The net is world wide, makes no difference where it is hosted as far as shaming the guy.

(I don't mean publish here on the board)

As a former resident of Texas...I agree with Whip...

Tough story and condolences to your daughter. Sounds like a strong lady and I'm glad she followed through with the law.

Now... not only am I a former resident of the Great State of Texas, I am a former H-D rider. In that world, if she did not have her weapon handy you could always round up several H-D "friends" and visit with the scoundrel, and reason with him in ways that he might comprehend.

Good luck to you and to her.

Francois--

I feel for you and your family. As a former cop and a long-time prosecutor, I would caution you that this is and will remain a dangerous situation for Vivian. Creeps like that seldom do these things only once. I don't pretend to have any understanding of your country's laws or the options that may practically be open to Vivian. However, I'd suggest you do everything in your power to get your daughter away from the situation, whether it requires moving her or exhausting all possibilities to get the new neighbor out of the neighborhood and away from her. Having said that, you need to be aware that he may continue to focus on her, rather than transfer his interests to someone else. You should definitely ensure that you take all possible steps to secure wherever she's living, including locks, alarms, and, to the extent possible, some means of defending herself.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. But, please, do not allow Vivian to become complacent in the belief that this was an isolated incident.

Wow. This is bad enough where one can (theoretically) defend ones self. Where these options are removed, it makes it downright scary.

If the system there is as weak as you describe, then I agree that this guy will probably be back, as there appears to be little incentive to stop.

What options of self defense are open to you/Vivian???

(Seems like this guy is about due for an accident...)

Francois,

Whip and Hopz beat me to it..I guess Texas may be one of the last places in the world where a majority of the citizens believe that basic responsibility for personal protection lies with the person. It's just a mentatlity I don't really see in other places..I also agree the threat is likely to continue for your daughter. I'll NEVER understand why we tolerate crime to the extent we do..It's not necessary..Good luck..Be safe..

I had a thought I would like to add... Supporting your daughter in a self defense, martial arts course designed for females might help in several ways.

For one it will give her some additional skills in case (when) it happens again. Second it will give her confidence and general life skills and lastly it will introduce her to a built-in support group.

Good luck

If it were my daughter, I wouldn't be posting on a site. I'd either give him a 3rd eye or break his legs with a baseball bat. That's how to get it off your chest!

Francois_Dumas
If it were my daughter, I wouldn't be posting on a site. I'd either give him a 3rd eye or break his legs with a baseball bat. That's how to get it off your chest!

Can't, he's still in the slammer. :eek:

Thanks for all the reactions (open and PM'd) folks. Appreciate it. We're working on 'next steps' of course, but legally there is a vacuum... which triggered my initial frustration and made me write the post.

Will keep you posted if anything develops.

The guy is lucky that did not happen to my other half at my place...I may live in NJ but Texas type laws enforced in my house! Someone needs to loosen a few teeth in that dirtbags head.

That's 5 things we now agree on.

Francois, bring your family to Texas, we'll take care of you and yours.

Whip

First, Francois, sorry to hear of this. I think here the guy would likely be locked up for several years and then placed on a public sex offender list that ruins his life forever.

Regarding TX. Well, I don't know. Seems last fall we established that your TX laws would allow someone that reasonably believed I was going to throw an egg at his house to shoot me in the back as I walked away, if he had no other means to stop me.

And now it seems I can be kidnapped and tortured by religious nutcases any time they want:

Excorcism Protected in TX I mean lets face it, as an agnostic it's pretty clear that the devil got me, right?

On top of which your Dr.'s have no obligation to respect the wishes of their patients and can force unwanted treatment at patient expense or refuse "no treatment directives" (yeah, we went through it with Sharon's Dad).

And then, much as I completely dislike the FLDS, ya'll go in and take all the kids in an entire town????

On top of all that, ya'll got snakes, hurricanes, tornadoes.

Frankly, I'm to the point where I'm scared to set foot in TX.

Francois,

Little Johnny may have the solution to this problem..

:thumbsup:

"Little Johnny's kindergarten class was on a field trip to their local police station where they saw pictures tacked to a bulletin board of the 10 most wanted criminals. One of the youngsters pointed to a picture and asked if it really was the photo of a wanted person. "Yes," said the policeman. "The detectives want very badly to capture him." Little Johnny asked, "Why didn't you keep him when you took his picture?"

Francois_Dumas

LOL! Smart question.

Update: the scumbag is still in jail. Vivian filed a complaint (is that the term?) with the Amsterdam Vice Squad, and he'll be brought before a judge on Monday. We'll see what happens next.

She also has bought a number of extra locks and they will be installed tomorrow.

As to another suggestion: she did take Judo classes when she was young, but that would probably not help much when sleeping. I myself had a purple belt in karate at one point, but I doubt that would help ME much nowadays, being out of shape and a sour back :/

The good news is that the neighbors on the other side are great guys and will support her if needed. :thumbsup:

I'm curious....Is personal protection pepper spray legal there?...The "bear spray" variety would probably make a perp wish for eternal release for a day or so :grin:..I haven't see it mentioned here but nice to have one right in front of you in the tank bag.....

Phil.........Redbrick

I'm curious....Is personal protection pepper spray legal there?...The "bear spray" variety would probably make a perp wish for eternal release for a day or so :grin:..I haven't see it mentioned here but nice to have one right in front of you in the tank bag.....

Phil.........Redbrick

Me too; pepper spray is a very effective perp repelent.

Wooster w/nothing funny here

Francois_Dumas

Phil.........Redbrick

Pepper spray is not legal and carries a maximum prison penalty of 4 years here.

Basically it is almost forbidden to perform ANY form of self-defense in this country.

Francois_Dumas
What are the hand gun laws in your country?

Pretty strict.

Automatic weapons, pepper spray, tasers and such are forbidden and only allowed for police and army.

Stilettos, throwing knives, knives longer than 3 inch and such weapons are forbidden.

'Pistols' and rifles are only allowed for hunting and/or sport shooting and require membership of an officially recognized shooting sports club AND a license from the police.

The weapons are not allowed to be 'carried' and may only be 'transported' ina protected mode with ammo separate.

The only weapons we may have AT HOME are old sabers and swords or air guns (pellet guns). Again, not allowed in public.

We don't have a lot of options really.... and using ANY of the weapons almost always puts the user as the accused party.

So are you saying that if someone is standing over you in your OWN bedroom and let's say a steak knife from your kitchen winds up in the guys chest you are going to get in trouble? I think it is a risk I would have to take because that dude would not leave my home on his own. :mad:

What are the hand gun laws in your country?

Pretty strict.

Wow! If that's "pretty strict" I'd hate to see what "really strict" would be like... :eek:

It would be interesting to know on what basis pepper spray is deemed too dangerous for citizens to possess :lurk:....

Phil..........Redbrick

Paul_Burkett

Well, the tide has changed on the Holland coast. One convert at a time.

Francois, I am so glad that your daughter was not harmed, trust me when I say that, I can understand your anger and frustration, almost all parents would rather do time in prison for taking action in protecting their family than seeing some scum bag do any harm to the ones they love. Thank you for sharing this with us.

last year australia took away all guns. home invasions and burlarys' went up 37% england has banned all handguns and the home burglary rate is 5x higher than the u.s. betcha would have felt better if you lived in new orleans during katrina and had a .45 with all the roving gangs busting into houses androbbing and raping....taters p.s if it were my daughter i would tell her not to press charges. i would want him back on the street where i could get at him!!

last year australia took away all guns. home invasions and burlarys' went up 37% england has banned all handguns and the home burglary rate is 5x higher than the u.s. betcha would have felt better if you lived in new orleans during katrina and had a .45 with all the roving gangs busting into houses androbbing and raping....taters p.s if it were my daughter i would tell her not to press charges. i would want him back on the street where i could get at him!!

You know taters, I usually ignore all the pro-gun hype you and a few others like to put up. But this time I happened to go looking for the rest of the story, just curiosity I suppose. FWIW I couldn't find the story at all, at least as you present it. It appears that Australia actually did this 1996, not last year, and this email campaign started in 1997. So it looks like you are actually circulating misinformation. Anyway here's what Snopes has to say about your Australia claim:

Snopes: Australian Gun Ban

If there has been something new in Australia in the last year, I apologize. I'm no expert on this matter. I searched several different ways and everything I came up with related to the 1996 ban. I just couldn't find anything to do with a 2007 change in Australia.

I also looked for the England info. I found this:

http://www.guninformation.org/

I don't claim to know anything about this organization, just what came up on Google. But I did follow the links provided, and unless they are really good forgeries they seem to be genuine Home Office reports. They clearly show a great reduction in all crime in the five years following the gun ban in England. In particular burglary was down 39%, violent crime was down 24%.

In any event, you pretty much destroy any argument you might have had regarding using guns for defense when you come out in the end and advocate cold blooded pre-meditated murder.

Kinda made me a little sick right there, you did.

Jan

got my info from stuart barney on cnn yesterday. the most liberal network on tv..... you pays your money and takes your choice....i sincerely hope you never need a glock on your nightstand. ps your articles support my contention....can't figure you out

Francois--

I feel for you and your family. As a former cop and a long-time prosecutor, I would caution you that this is and will remain a dangerous situation for Vivian. Creeps like that seldom do these things only once. I don't pretend to have any understanding of your country's laws or the options that may practically be open to Vivian. However, I'd suggest you do everything in your power to get your daughter away from the situation, whether it requires moving her or exhausting all possibilities to get the new neighbor out of the neighborhood and away from her. Having said that, you need to be aware that he may continue to focus on her, rather than transfer his interests to someone else. You should definitely ensure that you take all possible steps to secure wherever she's living, including locks, alarms, and, to the extent possible, some means of defending herself.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. But, please, do not allow Vivian to become complacent in the belief that this was an isolated incident.

Francois,

I don't know you, but as a Police Officer I'd urge you to take Mike's advise very seriously. History has shown that an incident like the one that happened to your daughter is only a precursor of things to come. Guys like this don't change, they only get worse and more bold. Trying to scare them away will not work.

There is much bravado and some downright ridiculous statements made in response to your original post.

Do we want to put a bullet in this guy's head or break his kneecaps? Absolutely. Is it realistic? Absolutely NOT.

You ask most Americans what they'd do if someone broke into their house and they'll reply, "I'd shoot the mother-%@$#er!" Reality is that if someone is standing over you while you're sleeping, a gun/taser/pepper spray will do nothing for you. Rather, the chances are much greater that they'd be used against you, if they are present. A woman faces even more obstacles in this area, as they are often more easily overpowered, partly because men tend to be stronger, partly because men are generally more accustomed to physical altercations and partly because a male intruder believes that he can win.

Self defense training and classes are only useful if the person knows the techniques well enough to execute them in their sleep, so to speak.

Ultimately the most important ingredient is a person's mindset. Are you ready and willing to do what it takes to win? A lot of people in this thread offer hard-hitting solutions. I'd be interested to know when the last time any of these posters were in a real fight for their lives... my guess is never, in most cases. Very few 'normal' people have the constant vigilance and mental readiness to immediately and effectively counter-attack a surprise assailant.

I'm sure I've insulted and offended many by this time, but I'm writing this because I'm truly concerned for your daughter.

The very best solution would absolutely be to relocate your daughter to another place, where she'd be unlikely to meet this guy ever again. If he is a real sexual predator, or one in the making, she may not be safe as long as he knows where she lives. It is great to secure her home against intrusion, but if he really wants to get to her and realizes that he'll not be able to get to her at home, he'll just find somewhere else to contact her.

I hope I've not made you too worried, but when it comes to our children we can never be too careful.

Best of luck to you and to your daughter.

Francois_Dumas

I don't know you, but as a Police Officer I'd urge you to take Mike's advise very seriously. {/quote]

I do too. Actually we PM'd on the subject as well and I am in touch with police officers here myself too (we don't live near our daughter).

There is much bravado and some downright ridiculous statements made in response to your original post.

Do we want to put a bullet in this guy's head or break his kneecaps? Absolutely. Is it realistic? Absolutely NOT.

I know. I read between the lines. I also was 'thinking' similar thoughts in the first few moments.

I guess that's also what causes some 'crimes' at time. A first 'automatic' reaction at the spur of the moment.

After 5 minutes or so the mind kicks in and things get back into focus, and we go in 'solution' mode instead of 'reaction' mode.

I also think THAT's were anti-weapons laws 'shine'.

Self defense training and classes are only useful if the person knows the techniques well enough to execute them in their sleep, so to speak.

Yes, it may help in the street, depending on the situation, but will not help much when sleeping.

Ultimately the most important ingredient is a person's mindset. Are you ready and willing to do what it takes to win? A lot of people in this thread offer hard-hitting solutions. I'd be interested to know when the last time any of these posters were in a real fight for their lives... my guess is never, in most cases. Very few 'normal' people have the constant vigilance and mental readiness to immediately and effectively counter-attack a surprise assailant.

Indeed. I have handled firearms and fighting techniques myself (and yes in this country that could hence only be in some 'official' function :/ ), but that's quite some time ago and I wouldn't trust myself much anymore facing younger and/or trained assailants.

Wishful thinking.......

The very best solution would absolutely be to relocate your daughter to another place, where she'd be unlikely to meet this guy ever again.

Yes, which is one of the reasons we were 'not so happy' for her to move to 'the big city' to start with. Moving is made much more difficult now with the collapsing housing market, with the fact she only just finished her study and doesn't have income yet.... and then some other reasons.

Believe you me, I'd be much happier for her to live in a more protected place.

I hope I've not made you too worried, but when it comes to our children we can never be too careful.

Not more than I already was.

And I appreciate your (and everybody else's) honest concerns and worries.

One good point which I may have already mentioned is that the neighbors on the other side are good people (also young) and they have been made fully aware of what happened. They immediately invited Viv to their barbecue yesterday :thumbsup:

But no matter how much psych support one may have (and even physical), the creep just living on the other side of the apartment wall and only having to step over a 15 inch high wire which is the 'border' between their gardens, is still a lot of cause for worries.

Paul_Burkett

Perhaps the best campaign to use is public opinion. When this man gets out of jail, the people of the neighborhood should all let him know that they are fully aware of what he has done and that they are watching him and will call the police on him if he even looks like he's thinking a bad thought.

Francois,

No one has mentioned the first and easiest step.

Make your home less accessible.

Deadbolts, window locks, motion sensor coupled to a recorded dog barking or light system, wedges that secure bootom of door to provide second line against a lock pick.

These wedges when activated emit high level of sound. (Sold for travellers to put under hotel door).

Video recorder and sign that video surveillance is in place.

PS, while he is in jail, isn't his place empty?

Might be time to...

Francois_Dumas

Hi Tim,

yes, we've told them (have had two burglaries ourselves in the past 10 years, so our house is 'reasonably' secure). But the 'kids' haven't really thought about it much..... AND are always and eternally stretched for money. They of course rather spend it on MP3 players, flatpanel tv screens, music and god knows what else that is 'the fashion' these days :grin:

They ARE working on it as we speak though.... the police had some good tips for them to.

Agent_Orange

The usual disclaimer. You could always use this.

Suggested Uses of Liquid ASS

Best results are obtained when used indoors. Squirt liberally with a sweeping motion over a large surface area.

On most carpeted floors, Liquid ASS is not visible and the smell lasts longer. On tile floors, squirt in the corners to minimize light reflection. (See illustrations below). A good rule of thumb is to apply Liquid ASS around the perimeter of the target area or approximately that same amount spread over the middle area.

Several significant variables will affect the performance of your Liquid ASS operation. Results will vary due to ventilation, humidity, room size, and amount applied. In general (95% of the time), when used indoors with medium ventilation, a third of a bottle will generate dry-heave-quality stench from one to three hours.

The guidelines given above combine simplicity, effectiveness, and entertainment value.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stench and longevity of Liquid ASS far exceeds that of Stink Bombs and Fart Spray. Liquid ASS is a highly–concentrated, butt–crack smell with hints of green poo, fart, and dead animal.

To purchase Liquid ASS, go to our Products page of our online store.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Situations to Avoid

High Ventilation: Within a few minutes of being applied, Liquid ASS undergoes the evaporation process to permeate the air with its unique ASS aroma. However, being airborne, Liquid ASS is subject to the caprices of air movement. So keep this in mind: If the air is leaving, so is your ASS.

Outdoors: The great outdoors is a super high ventilation situation. See previous point.

Cigarette Smoke: We have found that a lot of Liquid ASS is necessary to cut through cigarette smoke. Even if cigarette smoke is not present, cigarette smoke saturated carpet and fabric soak up Liquid ASS like a sponge and won't let it go.

Other Liquid ASS Application Ideas

People: Direct application on the targeted person: BE CAREFUL! Liquid ASS is silent and the thin stream is hard to see or feel, but given the circumstances, it is easier to get caught. But, watching the person walk around smelling like a turd is worth the patience and effort. Applying Liquid ASS on the intended victim outside in the rain prior to coming indoors is one way to decrease chances of detection.

Automobiles: Since cars enclose a small area, Liquid ASS is extremely effective. The downside is that you will probably miss most of the reaction which is 50% of the entertainment value (unless, of course, you are riding in the car enduring the stench yourself). We suggest putting some Liquid ASS on a rag and stuffing it under the seat.

Elevators: Let them ride that ASS (small enclosed areas are perfect).

Door handles: Their hand will smell like they shoved it up Andre the Giant's ass.

Liquid ASS "poo dollar": Possibly a cure for the love of money.

Office chair: Put it on their chair directly; get it on their clothes indirectly.

Telephone receiver: Give them something to talk about.

Birthday balloons: Get the party started by popping an ASS balloon.

Fan: What a breath of fresh ASS (apply to a rag and throw it on the shroud).

Public transportation: Now everyone knows riding the bus stinks.

Office desk: Now the brown-noser smells like the brown (apply around the rear edges).

Liquid ASS can also used for a unique funny gag gift.

Of course, we realize that the uses of Liquid ASS are limitless. We welcome other suggestions and experiences.

As with all products, please heed the warnings that are printed onto the label of every bottle of Liquid ASS.

I’m so sorry for your daughter that this happened. I know first hand that she will feel very unsafe and scared for a while… it’s not a good way to feel. While you can (and rightly so) get mad at the guy, please don’t forget to be very supportive of your daughter.

The nightmares have stopped, but I still carry one of the baseball bats with me in my truck.

Francois_Dumas

Thanks Jacqueline! Yes, it is bad thing to happen, worse than just a break-in. I am glad she's a big girl (in more ways than one) and is taking it pretty well. Fortunately she has lots of friends around her, and she won't be alone in the house for a while !

Hugs,

Nina and Francois

BeniciaRT_GT
... but I still carry one of the baseball bats with me in my truck.

I learned about that in Fla. when Y'all were there!

223630205_vhD2e-L.jpg

I'm sorry to hear of this, and I understand your frustration/anger but I hope you can get this resolved.

My suggestion is like most others, you need to talk her into moving and get her at least far enough to not run into the POS again.

I hope he doesn't know anything else about her.

This could be just a harmless, one time thing, but I agree with most others. Better to err on the side of caution and get her moved while the moron is still in jail. Most of these types won't respond to threats form neighbors etc. or even police! all the tough guy talk in the world won't hold him off forever, nor can it stop him at 03:00. It is best to disrupt her life now and just get her moved!!!

But no matter how much psych support one may have (and even physical), the creep just living on the other side of the apartment wall and only having to step over a 15 inch high wire which is the 'border' between their gardens, is still a lot of cause for worries.

Francois,

It sounds like you're doing everything you can to help your daughter.

Just wanted to add a few things, in case moving your daughter is not a feasible solution.

Beyond the obvious things like adding locks and alarms, you may also consider talking to your daughter's landlord. If the guy that broke into her apartment lives in the same building as her, the landlord may be willing to get rid him based on what happened.

If your country offers restraining orders, that may also be something worth looking into for your daughter. A piece of paper is certainly not going to prevent the guy from going after your daughter, if that is what he has in mind, but it will make him arrestable for being around her or contacting her. Tell your daughter to be extra aware, even when she is in public places, and to avoid situations were she'll be especially vulnerable, like walking alone during hours of darkness.

Something they tell many police officers here, at least in Southern California, is to prepare mentally for possible scenarios. You may want to help your daughter go through hypothetical scenarios, were she can practice how to respond if something bad were to happen.

Also, make sure that she knows that sexual assaults are not about sex, they are about power, anger and domination. If she were ever to get attacked, she'll need to understand that the guy will very likely have few reservations about seriously hurting her and that she will have to respond in a similar manner if she is going to win. Gauging the eyes, biting as hard as she can, raking hard with the finger nails and striking sensitive areas are all acceptable and encouraged responses. If she is afraid of hurting him, she'll already have lost the battle. These are the things that she'll need to prepare for mentally, so that when the window of opportunity presents itself she'll act without hesitation.

These are not always easy things to teach someone and not every 'normal' person is capable of actually overcoming their blocks to acting in ways that are so violent and foreign to their ingrained ideas and values. If your daughter finds it difficult to go through such scenarios with you, she’ll not be able to put those things in her mind when she’ll need them to protect herself. A good way to allow someone to act more violently towards another person is to de-humanize that person and mentally turn them into something that you’d feel okay using that kind of force against. This is a tactic that has been used by the military for ages.

Again I hope that all goes well for you and that your daughter can overcome this ordeal without any lasting scars.

As a father with daughters, I sympathize with you.

It was related to me that one of the best security devices is leaving an old, empty gun holster around.......apparently even the bad guys are capable of concluding that the owner of the holster will be near with the gun that fits in that holster. Surely that isn't illegal. A few NRA stickers on the car, etc. will get the point across.

I just hope that your entire family succeeds in ridding itself of this threat.

you don't have a clue. if someone broke into my daughters house,fondled her, and i knew who he was, he would be in a wheelchair the rest of his life. guaranteed. why run or make her move from a pervert like this. this is not bragging just fact.... no other woman would ever have to worry about this piece of garbage..taters

You took the words right out of my mouth...a well trained dog can be just as good as any weapon, and in a lot of cases, better. Definitely can't be used against you, like all the other weapons. Plus, they serve as great alarm systems and deterants as well. 'Course it has to be the right kind of dog...a cha-wow-wow (as my son calls it) won't work...but a nice German Shepard, Rottweilar or Doberman, very scarey looking when necessary, but also great companions.

Dogs (with teeth) are still legal there right?? ;)

Francois,

Sorry to hear this about your daughter...

Truthfully, as a father I do not think ANY of the suggestions on this post are wrong... It's just a matter of what as a father you can do or are willing to do if necessary...I do not think that some of the folks here are speaking out of bravado they are speaking with true love of the family...

With that being said....There is something to be said about having a son with lots of love for his sister and lots of friends that this low life would not know and could encounter on any dark street corner.... :eek:

Good luck my friend....Keep her safe..,

Archived