IGNORED

Problems with Cee Bailey?

motorman587

Ordered and received a windshield for my bike on Feb 22nd. Took it out of the box. It was warpped on the top side. Not round but warpped. Call Cee Bailey and after the fourth person, who could not speak english, made me feel like an crap and stupid. He keep asking Warpped? Yes looks like crap. He told me to put it back in the box and UPS would come pick it up. Still here.

I will never buy another Cee Bailey windshield. Kind've dispointed as I thought they were better than that. I know things are not perfect but custmer relation sucked. Maybe they are getting to big?

Well I've been keeping quiet, and a lot of people are going to post back with their wonderful stories about CB, and until recently I would have too.

But our new Cee Bailey's seats are going back for attempt number three this week. I've sent paper work, and photos, and drawings, diagrams, and emails and attempted phone conversations (with I think the same person you talked to) trying to communicate what we want in the seats, all to no-avail. Every time we get them back it's as if they didn't look at a word of it.

I got Steve on the phone once and a 15 second conversation was, "Didn't my Production Manager call you?" "No." (He hadn't despite three different phone numbers being on the paperwork.) "Just a minute..." And click, I was back talking to the same guy who argued about how we shouldn't want the seats built the way we said we did. And sure enough, he built them his way!

I know Steve's a busy guy running a big company that does a lot of things in the aircraft parts world, but sigh, this is getting old. It's all about having the right people in the right places. I definitely think something is up there.

Just curious, what style and size windshield did you order? The way I read it, this was your first attempt to contact them and you spoke with 4 different people on that attempt is that correct?

Ken, sorry that your seat experience is going so badly. As you remember, I am one of those annoying people who had a great experience with Bailey's. Sounds to me that they are going through a rapid growth of business problem which won't be a problem if they keep their current ways. No excuse for poor customer relations. May be building a reputations to rival Corbin. I am surprised that Steve is not responsive, as he was great with me. With the power of this web site, they sure won't build a good reputation no matter how good the product is, or how reasonably priced. Neither of those 2 things make any difference if service and followup is so poor.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Motorman, I'm starting to see a pattern here. It appears from my casual observation of the posts on this board, that if you have "fit" problems (like the product doesn't fit you/your bike- for whatever reason) the level of service drops. It appears as though people have no problem trading into bigger or smaller windshields or different styles, but if it's not straight, warped, or doesn't fit, then "there must be something wrong with your bike." (that's what I was told.) IMO- they think their farts smell like roses.

I too, won't buy from them, and it's too bad- I think they may have a good thing going- but judging how long it took me to finally get my money back from them after they sent me two items with the same problem, I'm not willing to take the gamble.

For those that want to try the products without risk, my local BMW dealer is a supplier of their merch. He can order anything from them and I don't have to pay shipping. I will also let him deal with any problems if they come up. I currently have a new seat on order with him. I have the satisfaction of knowing that they will keep me happy even if the seat has to go back, in fact, they fronted the core deposit for me ($300 if you can belive that, I told him he should buy a comfort seat on Ebay for $100 and pocket the rest). They would probably refund my money even if they didn't get anything back from CB and deal with it later. In fact, I am buying a CB windshield from the dealer because he took it back from a customer that it didn't work for and refunded his money. So, you might want to check and see if your local dealer is a CB distributer.

Good luck all.

Tom Collins

I guess I'm one of those who have had several transactions with no problems.....your comment about " warped on top " made me wonder if you are not referring to the Flip some of their screens have on the top. Both my RRS and RT screens have this flip. I beleive that some of their RT screens are available either way depending on how you order it...if it is something other than that , pardon my intrusion.

Gezer - I have one on my RT too and I was wondering about the point you brought up - the window has some wild curves in it in two different planes, so I wonder if the "warp" wasn't a design feature. Just a thought - I could be wrong. I would imagine that since CB works in the aviation industry that their QA would be as good or better than their competitors. Can't speak to customer service or engineering support, but it would surprise me if they had more than the isolated abberation when it comes to the final quality and fit of the product.

let us know how this turns out - I hink may of us with B products are interested. By the way, their system case liners are, IMO, the most well-made and designed bags on the market.

I'm in the camp of very satisfied.

I had 4 CB on the RT and three on the LT. All were good. There is some "warp" near the top where the flip occurs - this is unavoidable. But, the area most people would look through is good.

I found the #2+ to be the best windshield on the RT. Air flow was great.

I'm on my third CB Euro cut #2 and all have been exactly the same. They all fit perfect. I just purchased their three piece headlight guard as a combo deal with my third #2. The quality of that item is really poor. Not a single edge lined up as I feel it should have. Looks like it's back to Aeroflo for the headlight guard.

Received my second Cee Baileys windshield today after the first one was shipped with the wrong bolt pattern. I ordered the #2 Standard cut for the 04 1150RT. Pulled the second one out of the box, tried to install it, and it's not even the correct windshield. Don't know if it's for the earlier 1150's or the 1100's, but the curvature of the windshield causes it to hit the sides of the tupperware before the bolt holes get within half an inch of the mounting arms. Since the first windshield still has not been picked up, I pulled it out of the box to compare. It appears to be the correct windshield, just the wrong bolt hole pattern.

Will call Cee Baileys again tomorrow to have them try a third time to get it right. Glad I'm not in a big hurry for the new windshield, but the amount of time this is taking is starting to exceed my patience.

I had the same problem with the CB products on my RT. They sent out another screen pronto, but it was off too. Also, the bottom of the screen was a poor match with the contours of the bike.

At the BMWMOA rally in Spokane, the man in the CB booth let me try two additional screens. Both had unacceptable mounting holes.

I gave up on them and stayed with the BMW tall screen on the RT.

OldBoldPilot

I'm going to jump in here with a "Never Again" vote.

I bought a Bak-up backrest a couple of months ago, and was told I could return it within 2 weeks if I didn't like it.

First, I was charged twice for the item on the same credit card. I got that straightened out after a couple of weeks of back-and-forth with "Tony."

Then, I decided to return the item. I cleared it on the phone with Tony before I shipped it ("Sure, just send it back"). Two weeks after it arrived at their shop, he still wasn't aware he had it ("The warehouse guys don't tell me nothing"). Once he physically checked and verified it was there, it took more than 2 weeks to get the credit on my card. It appears the credit lady ("I'm the only person here who can issue a credit") was on vacation.

At the same time, I bought a #2 Eurocut, which is fine, fortunately for me.

Steve, can you spell "infrastucture"?

Talked to Steve on Monday and he was apologetic and said to ship the seats back again to his attention on their UPS account. (UPS wouldn't, but that's another story.) Took a yellow wax marker and marked all over them with what we would like to see different. Even wrote my cell number right on the seat if there are ANY questions, please call me.

Stay tuned...

• 2 weeks later...

Ya know....I've only met Steve 1 time, and he struck me as a very sincere honest person. thumbsup.gif Ever since Gunnison I've had the occassional chat with him and have learned a bit about "BIG BUSINESS". I do know that they're making up to 50 windshields a DAY, (it's just not for BMW's anymore)....and also know that there complaint/rant/problem ratio is down to less than one half of 1 percent.thumbsup.gif

What I also know is that when folks "F" word thru ANY conversation.....no matter how upset you are, well, that may just be why you're not getting the kind of response you're looking for. If you can't deal with folks who use English as a 2nd, 3rd or 4th language (and being in Florida that shouldn't come as a surprise) well...as frustrated as you've made yourself known.....maybe you should think of learning to speak their language? Absolutely guarantee that things will smoothen out then...don't you think?

I've got a number of products from CB's (shhhh..my wife thinks I've had them from before we were married grin.gif) and have never had to complain about them. If I did though, I'd certainly take a much different tack than you did.

Most places will handle rude and abusive customers....but a rude and abusive, and cussing cop? Honestly....how far is that gonna get you? Gees, I hope you're not like that when you're out dealing with the public.

Mistakes happen....and only people make mistakes. Deal with it appropriately.

"Just the facts, ma'am....Just the facts."

Pat

What I also know is that when folks "F" word through ANY conversation.....no matter how upset you are, well, that may just be why you're not getting the kind of response you're looking for.
Whoa, whoa, whoa!

What ever made you think I use the F word ever in any of my conversations with Steve? Or his staff? ??? I've talked with him about the problems in a direct but calm manner. I've been asked HIM how I could communicate our request better? We've exchanged emails, written description, photos and more. My frustration is in the difficulty in communicating, and getting the results we need, not in his company's lack of efforts.

Pat, I'll send you a copy of every single piece of correspondence between Steve and I, and if upon your review you think I've been offensive, rude, abrasive, cussed or whatever in any way I'll post the original text and a public apology here.

Steve has been VERY apologetic and concerned about the problems, and HAS been working to get it figured out. My complaint about his manager I spoke with was NOT that his english was poor, better than my spanish for sure, but that he was arguing with me, tell us we didn't want the seat the way we want it.

OF COURSE language barriers are a two-way problem. By definition. I know that.

My voiced concern is that maybe he has too many irons in the fire these days to personally accommodate a custom product like seats. Or needs to augment his staff to provide the attention something like custom seats almost by definition require.

I'm not sure where your getting your information about how you think this has been handled so far, by me or Steve, but as far as I'm concerned you're way off-base.

I'd like to know specifically what you think is wrong with the tack I've taken.

Les is more

Double check Pat's post, Ken and I think you'll see that he wasn't referring to you at all. blush.gif He was merely pointing out that if a problem with Cee Bailey's is approached with patience and civility that

Steve will bend over backwards to try to get it handled.

Check your PMs, my dear.

Double check Pat's post, Ken and I think you'll see that he wasn't referring to you at all. He was merely pointing out that if a problem with Cee Bailey's is approached with patience and civility that

Steve will bend over backwards to try to get it handled.

While I agree with Pat's sentiment, and I didn't think he was referring to Ken, I definitely got the impression he was referring to John (why else the "cussing cop" reference?), and it was never clear to me that John admitting to cussing. It did seem to me that he might have said "crap". Maybe even called their product a piece of same.

I can understand Ken's irritation, but I could especially understand John feeling he was targeted, if he does indeed feel that way.

I almost posted similar words in response to Pat prior to Ken's response. Despite my voluminous posts, folks might be surprised to note that brain sometimes intrudes before pressing "Continue".

Sometimes it doesn't...

Greg

Leslie,

Thanks for the PM. I did consider that Pat's reply wasn't directed at me, especially given the mention of Florida, but in that it was a reply to my post, and had some rather harsh accusations, I didn't feel like I should let it just stand without some defense of myself.

If Steve Chlavin feels I've been out of line, I welcome him jumping in here and giving his perspective.

When I bought my windshield,the first 2 were warped. They made it right though. The 3rd was great. My riding partner had the same problem. You could put 1 quarter between the faring on one side & 4 on the other. He took pictures to send to them. They made his right also. Now, Corbin is the company that will tell ya whatever you want to hear & do the opposite.

I tried searching for a post of mine from a couple of years ago regarding the service at CB. Couldn't find it. Anyway, I ordered a shield cut to stock specifications, but lightly tinted. It didn't show up, and it didn't show up, etc. I called several times and was told by Steve and someone else that it was on its way and would arrive any time, OR it would be shipped that day, etc. When it finally arrived (several weeks later than promised), it was not the size I had ordered; it was both taller and wider. I called and Steve said he would replace it if I wanted, but why not ride with it for a little while and see if I liked it. If I didn't care for it, he would replace it with what I had originally ordered. This was an acceptable response, in my opinion, and I did what he suggested - then decided that even if it was a little bigger than I wanted, I had no interest in another hassle, so I kept it. About six months later, one of the board members here pointed out to me that my shield was not cut correctly. Oh, well.

Bottom line: their offered accomodation after the shield finally arrived was OK. What was not OK, and why I won't order from them again, is that I don't like being lied to - and that's exactly what Steve and at least one other person there did when I inquired about shipping on the original order. I should have been suspicious when I asked for a tracking number, and they "must have misplaced it".

I know that not being happy with certain vendors is not exactly PC around here, but I'm not particularly bashful (in case you haven't noticed tongue.gif ) about speaking my mind when I'm not treated respectfully by someone who has long since charged my credit card. Oh, and I never cursed or yelled at them - so this victim is blameless... crazy.gif

Steve Chlavin assures me in a private email that the exchange Pat is referring to is not mine.

Better more now feels me.

thumbsup.gif and onward!

I know that not being happy with certain vendors is not exactly PC around here....

If that's true, then it's wrong. There are no "protected" vendors. I think it's more the source of the feedback that we care about. You, for instance, are a long-term member who strikes me as fair and honest. Ergo: your feedback ought to be thrown into the hopper and given some weight. Same with Steve Slisz who had some problems. And others. Some people are thrilled and some disappointed, and that sort of information is good for us to hear. thumbsup.gif

My apologies to you Ken...... frown.gifcrazy.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Somehow, I made a mistake and clicked on your original reply to Motorman587....when I meant to have my response to his post. Not yours....and I do humbly apologize for putting you thru some agonizing moments. In all these years, I think that's the first time I've done that....and that's after viewing several other responses to what I thought was the wrong person....so I've tried very hard to do the right thing. I've followed this thread since initially posted, and I do recognize that you have succeeded in getting something done (the right way). Again...I apologize.

I just felt that CB (Steve) didn't deserve the licking he was getting. Every business....large and small, has problems that take time to get worked out. I'm sure that with the tremendous expansion that CB's has gone thru in the past few years, that it has been a BIG surprise to them as well, and they may not have been as ready as they'd have liked.

I am glad to see that you elected to have a relationship with CB's and hope you finally get what you're looking for.

Again..........My sincerest Regrets!

Pat

I know that not being happy with certain vendors is not exactly PC around here....

If that's true, then it's wrong. There are no "protected" vendors. I think it's more the source of the feedback that we care about. You, for instance, are a long-term member who strikes me as fair and honest. Ergo: your feedback ought to be thrown into the hopper and given some weight. Same with Steve Slisz who had some problems. And others. Some people are thrilled and some disappointed, and that sort of information is good for us to hear. thumbsup.gif

I didn't suggest that any vendors were "protected" - I don't know where you got that. I said it is apparent to me (perhaps not to others) that it is not politically correct to suggest that certain vendors/products aren't perfect. This has nothing to do with forum policy - and I certainly was not suggesting that it does.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I misread your note, and certainly didn't want people to think that there's some sort of "official" filtering of comments about vendors. Our perspective is that credible people should state their perspective in a way that communicates clearly and is open to interaction. That's the sort of feedback that's really valuable.

Thanks. cool.gif

Pat,

It's cool, I've chilled this morning. I knew something wasn't adding up, but I didn't want the rest of the (BMWST) world thinking I was being a total _sshole either. Or at least I didn't think I was. I can be pretty short and demanding at times too, and if I was coming across to CBs that bad then I need to back up and re-evaluate myself.

Onward! thumbsup.gif

I’m now waiting on my fourth windshield from Cee Baileys. The third one was the correct curvature, but for the second time, the bolt holes didn’t match up. Their production manager told me he knew what the problem was, that the holes were set up before the windshield was put into the mold and it shrinks during the molding process. He again is insisting that my bike is “different” from the other thousands of windshields they have sold for the ’04 1150RT. For the second time, I explained to him that I have measured five other identical bikes and they all measure the same. I also had my dealer get a new windshield from stock and verified that the bolt hole measurements are identical to mine. I was planning on canceling the order after the third one didn’t fit, but they convinced me to let them try one more time.

I have ordered from CB’s twice in the past with no problems. From my experience and all the other posts here, it looks like they may be experiencing some fairly serious growing pains. They are still nice enough people to work with and want to fix the problem, but the hassle factor has me to the point that I won’t order anything from them again until all the complaints start to disappear.

I have ordered from CB’s twice in the past with no problems. From my experience and all the other posts here, it looks like they may be experiencing some fairly serious growing pains. They are still nice enough people to work with and want to fix the problem, but the hassle factor has me to the point that I won’t order anything from them again until all the complaints start to disappear.

This is too bad, but I am also looking at other windshield alternatives to Cee Bailey's.

There is no question that they are good people to work with, but I have no desire to go through the hassle that so many seem to be going through right now, just to "help" CB get their act together.

I'm not sure what their problems really are because I'm not there and don't work for them, but there are always good solutions to any problem. I hope they find their solutions before they run off all the business they've worked so hard to earn with great products and great service.

My last CB windshield on my RT was superior to anything else I looked at.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I'm probably going to upset some people with this one, but I think this has to be said.

Okay, so now I'm REALLY starting to see a pattern, and it may not be "Cee Bailey's" proper, but perhaps the production manager. Summary:

Check this out: (CEE BAILEY'S TAKE NOTE!)

1. Production manager tells me my bike is not straight when it is. Loses customer over poor service.

2. Production manager tells Lynn Clark

insisting that my bike is “different”
and is in the process of getting the 4th windshield out. Possible loss of future orders becuase of "hassle." (just how much money in shipping will CEE BAILEY'S eat before the winshield's cost is lost?)

3.PhilP has two 'bouts with "Tony" about his stuff and finally get's it straightened out, but not without above hassle. (my words)

4.Jeff92260

I gave up on them and stayed with the BMW tall screen on the RT.

because of unsuitable fit from many of the products he looked at for his bike.

5. KenH is sending the seats back for... which time is it? Well, go back and read the posts, all the quotes will make this way to long.

6. Motorman587 states:

Call Cee Bailey and after the fourth person, who could not speak english, made me feel like an crap and stupid. He keep asking Warpped?
Could it be the same guy I with which I dealt?

I said it in my earlier post, and I'll say it again. I think Cee Bailey's may have something good going on here with regards to motorcycle accessories. What keeps me from buying anything from them is the lack of responsiveness- and the immediate blame that "the bike is not straight" or "your bike is different" when something doesn't fit. The funny thing about all of it, in my case, was that I could clearly see the defect in the windshields I was sent- but the production manager was somehow missing it, even though I sent pictures that clearly showed the defects as well.

Also, I've found a couple of other trends in these posts that give me faith that the company will somehow survive this:

First, anyone who has talked with Steve eventually gets a good outcome. My advice: Skip talking to anyone at Cee Bailey's when you have a problem, and go straight to Steve.

Second, if you buy your products from a Cee Bailey's distributor, you don't have to deal with them, since the dealer can make all the phone calls for. You'll just have to wait if the stuff isn't right.

As far as windshields go, I've not found a good alternate. Parabellum makes nice stuff, but not for the R12GS, and a lot of their stuff tends to look like sails -- I guess with a good tailwind, much fuel would be saved. grin.gif

It would be interesting to know if Cee Bailey's is reading and listening to what is being said...

Too bad, really. I'd love to have a talk with Steve and help him find some answers.

It would be interesting to know if Cee Bailey's is reading and listening to what is being said...

FWIW, Steve Chlavin has been reading this thread, I know because he sent me a private email about Pat's earlier post that at first appeared like it might have been directed at how I had been dealing with Steve and his staff.

One of Steve's points, that I can understand, is that it's hard for him to jump into something like this discussion and offer explanations without appearing like he's just trying to defend what some may consider indefensible.

I do believe though he takes this to heart and genuinely cares about his customers. His efforts on our seats clearly demonstrate that. I just suspect he's just over extended. And there does appear to be at least one person there, that I too spoke to (whose name unfortunately I could not understand to jot down) whose M.O. seems to be to immediately blame some outside (maybe true, maybe not) reason for the issue at hand. Rather than take an approach of, 'what ever the source of the issue is, let's just get it worked out.' Poor customer relations skills is what it boils down to.

I think when Lynn says "growing pains" that about hits the nail on the head.

Let's not forget too that CB probably ships 1000s of windscreens for bikes and aircraft, seats, re-tread tires for aircraft (another of their product lines) and whatever else they do, and some small % of us here post of problems. Not that that makes it right, just the way it is.

Our seats should be back late next week from round three. I'll post our reaction to them. In particular if it seems like the listened to us this time. Of course we're suppose to get more snow again this week (isn't it March?) so who knows when we'll get a chance to test ride them! tongue.gif

FWIW, Steve Chlavin has been reading this thread, I know because he sent me a private email about Pat's earlier post that at first appeared like it might have been directed at how I had been dealing with Steve and his staff.

One of Steve's points, that I can understand, is that it's hard for him to jump into something like this discussion and offer explanations without appearing like he's just trying to defend what some may consider indefensible.

I do believe though he takes this to heart and genuinely cares about his customers. His efforts on our seats clearly demonstrate that. I just suspect he's just over extended. And there does appear to be at least one person there, that I too spoke to (whose name unfortunately I could not understand to jot down) whose M.O. seems to be to immediately blame some outside (maybe true, maybe not) reason for the issue at hand. Rather than take an approach of, 'what ever the source of the issue is, let's just get it worked out.' Poor customer relations skills is what it boils down to.

I think when Lynn says "growing pains" that about hits the nail on the head.

Let's not forget too that CB probably ships 1000s of windscreens for bikes and aircraft, seats, re-tread tires for aircraft (another of their product lines) and whatever else they do, and some small % of us here post of problems. Not that that makes it right, just the way it is.

Our seats should be back late next week from round three. I'll post our reaction to them. In particular if it seems like the listened to us this time. Of course we're suppose to get more snow again this week (isn't it March?) so who knows when we'll get a chance to test ride them! tongue.gif

Ken, I'm glad to hear that he is "tuning" in.

I would never expect him to enter this thread. I believe that that is the correct decision, and he wouldn't win an argument in a thread like this, anyway. No one ever does.

The thing about some of his customer service people who don't speak clear English, and some of the comments stated here, really bugs me. It is as though if a comment is made about trying to communicate with someone who is difficult to understand, somehow translate into being a racist. Maybe in some cases that might be true. But in the cases I've read in this thread, as well as others about CB, I think that that is just crap.

I've called CB many, many times, and half the time I cannot understand what the CS rep is trying to tell me. Not all his fault. Sometimes, it takes time for my ears to adjust to the "different" dialect. But, if I am a business owner, knowing that most of my calls will come in English, and from all over the country, then I am going to consider this.

I understand that CB ships thousands of products, and I'm sure most of them don't have anything to do with motorcycles. And, as you've said, and as is the case with most threads here, we are hearing about a small percentage of the overall service. I'm sure much of his product is making it out fine. And, as I've stated earlier, I don't have a clue how his business is set up and organized, as far as divisions are concerned. If he needs to "throttle" back a bit, to allow his people, training, production and existing customer service issues to be managed better, then so be it. If it means that my windshield and headlight cover takes three weeks instead of ten days, then so be it. I'd rather that be the case than dick around with shipping things back and forth for weeks on end. I don't have that kind of time or patience.

I can say this with complete certainty: If I could figure out which one of my CS reps is blaming all the problems on everything else but what really is going on, he/she would be off the phones Monday morning. Minimally.

I desparately want to place an order, but I will have to build up my courage...

I agree. I was ready to buy a new seat from CB's, but I am now watching this thread to see what happens. I know these are probably isolated experiences, but it is the customer service that makes a company, and I see some issues that need to be dealt with before I can feel comfortable doing buisness with CB's.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Steve is in a unique position, with this and other bulliten boards, to see what is being said about his company. There's a lot of feedback going on here, that he may or may not get from the company side of these issues. I also believe it is wise that he not jump in. Not because I don't want to hear what he has to say, but letting this thread go where it is going (wherever that may eventually be) can provide much better information than stirring it up with one or two people.

Well I sent my seat off to CB about the time this thread must have started; I have dealt with them before with good success and hope the seat turns out the same way. I'll let you know.

I'd like to pile on here. Purchased a CB windshield for my 04 R1150RS a year and a half ago. It was slightly warped but not so much that I couldn't live with it. A few months ago I ordered a CB windshield for my 05 F650GS. Mounted it up and was amazed that it was twisted, warped and had significantly larger gaps on one side of the headlight nacelle than the other. Called customer service and they said send it back they would fix it. Got the same windshield back with a sticker on it that read "remold" or something. Mounted it up and called customer service. They told me their windshields were parallel and my bike wasn't but they had a solution. Got a bag of washers in the mail soon after. So I took a selection of the washers and stuck them under one corner. The windshield is now acceptable. Makes you wonder, didn't they try installing one of their windshields on the bike before putting them on the market? This puppy didn't come close to fitting without a stack of washers under one corner. I don't think I will be in any rush to buy a third windshield from them when my R1200GS comes in. As for a seat, no way.

Cletis Tailor

Hi I'm new to this website, but not to the joy of riding, owning and working on BMW bikes. The only downside to the Aeroflow shields is the thinness of the plastic used. It flexes like nobodies bizness.

Cee Bailey has had alot of "growing pains" lately, it's true, but that does not excuse the constant problems encountered by customers. Private citizens and dealers alike. It's not any easier for the dealers to get a problem resolved than it is for the private customer (this is true with just about any vendor), In fact I've seen more than one dealer drop a vendor for this reason, as all the problems cut into his profit margin. The margin on the parts is unrealistically small to start with, add the two or three returns to the vendor and phone calls,etcetera, he's lucky if he can brake even at the end of the whole thing. I know of a seat manufacturer who has lost alot of dealers because of this. I do hope Steve IS monitering this list using the gripes and non-gripes to further the companies quality, which seems to be lacking.

CLETE

Well, I am happy with CBailey. I have a seat from them that Steve made sure is right. And, I have a replacement wind screen that was perfect and as advertised out of the box. Despite what is being posted here, I will not hesitate to order from Baileys. FWIW.

I posted earlier that I had sent my seat in for covering just after this post started, and I hoped I would not experience problems. Well the seat has arrived in exactly the time frame promised and it looks great. I only got in a short ride today, and I will give it some break in time before I decide if any adjustment is necessary. All in all I am very pleased.

• 5 months later...

After reading all the post I am confused as to what windshield I should look at. I currently have the tall BMW windshield on my '031150rt, but living at lake tahoe I would like something that covers a little better now that it is getting cold in the mornings.

Thanks

Russ

Well, I would not hesitate to order a windshield or anything else from Bailey! My windshield is fine, my seat is fine, and the products are fine. And, frankly, if I send something back to a vendor I ALWAYS expect confirmation of delivery. Pretty basic.

Yeeha! Stephen

The best overall CB is the #2 at 3.5" taller. Any bigger and they get warm in hot weather. If you have a lot of warm weather to contend with in the Summer, get the Euro cut #2. You don't need a really tall or wide one, cause the #2 has a flip at the top to improve airflow. I have a regular #2 and it's my Fav.

I ordered my CB windshield and am expecting it tomorrow or Monday and quite frankly I'm a little scared now....Not just that it will be wrong but that I might convice myself that it is wrong out of paranoia!!! blush.gif I can't wait for it and I hope it's everything it's supposed to be. I don't have time to mess around with shipping it back and forth so if it's wrong the first time I'll just go with another brand. Too bad cause it really looks like they offer the best aftermarket shield.

As a business owner myself I don't envy Steve reading all of this. It is VERY difficult being an owner of an expanding business and so frustrating to see your ideals go down hill because you have to rely on others you hire to hopefully pass your products on with the quality we intended them to. No one ever cares as much as the owner, our heart and souls are in our business. Steve, I hope you work it out and good luck. thumbsup.gif

Archived