IGNORED

What's in your flask?

drzep

A flask? Another indispensable road accessory?

Well, I never thought of it, but why not?

As to what I'll put in it,

Cognac: Pierre Ferrand Ambre or Camus Grand. Or maybe just some cheap $10.00 brandy will do.

S.M. Scotch: Not a fan of the Islay stuff, an acquired taste I presume. Preference for the Highland (?) Speyside types. Doesn't have to be a zillion years old. Aberlour, Balvenie and Glenlivet are favs, Macallan is good too. In fact, I've never had a Speyside that I didn't like, though I'm really just a novice.

Clan Macallan 12 year old. Some fellas at the WA state rally several years back shared theirs with me and there's not going back to blend. smile.gif

Clan Macallan 12 year old. Some fellas at the WA state rally several years back shared theirs with me and there's not going back to blend. smile.gif

Too true, but don't limit yourself to one malt, they are all so different in character that you owe it to yourself to try at least one from each of the different whisky regions:

Speyside: Sweet, medium bodied, floral or big, rich fruity sherry.

Islay: Big, powerful, very peaty, smoky, seaweed, medicinal.

Highland: Coastal air, peaty in the north or soft, fruity in the south.

Island: Soft, sweet, coastal air, seaweed, slightly peaty.

Lowland: Light, delicate, full of character.

Campbeltown: Rich, full-bodied, peaty.

The Macallan is a Speyside malt.

Andy

And don't forget the best.......... as determined by Michael Jackson (no, not the crotch-grabbing plastic surgery fan noted for fondness of children; the malt whisky expert who sadly, died last year).

Let's hear it for Highland Park, a slightly atypical Island malt from Orkney grin.gifclap.gif

(The whisky's superb but their website designers need taking outside and awarding a 9mm headache. My work monitor's running at 1280x1024 and some of the pages still run off the bottom) dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Archived