IGNORED

What's in your flask?

drzep

Just curious about those of you who do imbibe on occasion...

I'm packing up for a 2 week camping trip starting Saturday and I've been thinking about what I'll be carrying in my flask for those cold mountain nights. Usually its Jack Daniels and if I'm lucky, a can of Coca-Cola to keep things tasty.

What about you folks?

(And if you don't consume those devilish 2 carbon fragments, please don't be offended - I drink responsibly! grin.gif)

Firefight911

Mmmmmmmmm, Oban!!!!!! Yummy!

Dewars

Mount Gay Rum

Gentleman Jack with Coke. Afterall, he is one of the 3 wise men!! tongue.gif

Well, it is 20 past 10 at night here, and there is a bottle of Oban in my drinks cabinet...

maybe a small one...

Andy

Paul_Burkett

WARNING! HIJACK!

Last year at TOR, while several of us sat under the AZ Al tent-mahal, some one had a very smooth scotch in a flask. If you know what it was, and you know who you are, please pass along the name, it was smoooooth.

End of Hijack:

Glenfiddich Special Reserve

Well, the Oban was at the back so the Lagavulin is doing duty:

0010000000597_XL.JPG

A bit more peaty and with a smoky flavour, one of the better Malts. I once tried the 25yo at a (wealthy) friends house, but to be honest, I prefer the 16yo.

Andy

Although the Tee is at home with a 40 ounce Night Train wrapped in a paper sack, on occasion he will drink a good single-malt scotch, particularly the above mentioned Lagavulen. All though of late, the Tee has been sipping on the mid-shelf Irish whiskies, particularly Jameson.

Can of Budweiser and a Reefer..

Easier to pack. dopeslap.gif

OK, I have to admit it. I had to look up priapism. You watch too much TV and listen to too many of those commercials.

Can of Budweiser and a Reefer..

Easier to pack. dopeslap.gif

Doesn't the reefer get wet when you pour the Budweiser in the flask?

tongue.gif

I rarely drink, but do admit to having tried some of Al Schibi's Austrian Butterscotch Paint Stripper at Torrey one year. Those of you who recall with great fondness what you felt like when you woke up after having your tonsils removed, should visit Al in the middle cabin at the CW.

Paul_Burkett

Is Stainless Steel the best type to have? I got a SS flask for Christmas and it says 3 day limit on storing booze.

Is Stainless Steel the best type to have? I got a SS flask for Christmas and it says 3 day limit on storing booze.

3 days, my lands man, how much does it hold a 1.75? lmao.giflmao.gif

Mine will have Mount Gay Sugan Cane Brandy for golf on Friday.

267577277_jMgwK-M.jpg

lawnchairboy

can't do the Isley stuff myself, enjoy Laphroig, glenfiddich, even Talisker from time to time. A little dab will do ya'.

chris

That means it is to be consumed in three days, not stored. lmao.gif

HairyCannonball

Bookers, Bakers, Basil Haydens for that Bourbon mood, Woodford Reserve or Bulleit for a good value.

Oban is great and my usual Scotch choice, but then I have never met a single malt I didn't like.

Never a huge fan of Irish until a friend gave me a bottle of Midleton Very Rare. Simply wonderful. Very complex, flavor goes on forever. Probably would be a real shame to flask it, needs one small cube of good ice to blossom. Wish it wasn't so much $$, but a worthwhile treat.

While at the Ranch weekend north of Wall, it just isn't the same without Old Overholt lol.

Whiskey is good food.

Laphroaig

Glenlivet

Glenfidditch

Patron

and of course, for mixing if you must- Makers Mark

but not at the same time of course.... grin.gif

Well I was going to post my choice but after seeing what the rest of you are into I'll just say rot-gut with the bag still on the bottle and leave it at that. Cheers!! cool.gif

Flavor be Damned, Ever Clear or nothing. If you ain't gonna feel it the next day, what's the point? dopeslap.gif

No, wait that was in a past life before I was pickled! lmao.gif

AdventurePoser

I prefer a good diet Pepsi, preferably kept in a refrigerator during it's shelf life, and not aged over six months!

Aah...now there's some good sippin'!

Steve in So Cal

Flask? what a buncha small-thinkers. ditch the flask and go with a Camelbak. I can get 3 liters of Dark and Stormys' in mine. tongue.gifgrin.gif

Effervescent

SS makes the booze all metallic IIHO after about a week.

I have a vintage 20's leather-wrapped glass flask. Curved and small, with a sightglass!

camomi.gif

Currently hold Marolo grappa and camomile:

"Grappa & Camomile

“Liqueur of the Year...A Major Liqueur Discovery!”

- F. Paul Pacult’s Spirit Journal

Marolo’s meticulously hand-crafted Grappa & Camomile is a liqueur obtained from the infusion of camomile blossoms in grappa made from fresh and carefully selected Piemontese Nebbiolo grapes. The camomile flowers are picked when fully mature, then dried in the shade, left to steep for 11 months in the grappa and filtered. A time-honored tradi- -tion of the Langhe hills -- the land of Barolo and Barbaresco - is transported to a new realm of elegance.

F. Paul Pacult gave Marolo’s Grappa & Camomile a five-star rating and found it “warm, inviting, and totally luscious...one of the best liqueur experiences I’ve had the past year or two...a major liqueur discovery!” Hailed as Liqueur of the Year (1998) in Pacult’s Spirit Journal."

-Eff

Paul, no idea why the short shelf life in the flask...

I've had some bourbon and scotch in a couple of these for eons (literally years) and except for one bottle that I think was defective, things are A-ok.

http://www.brunton.com/product.php?id=257

"Grappa & Camomile"...

Sorry Eff but I think I just vomited a little in my mouth... grin.gif

I actually brought back a bottle of Grappa from Montalcino about 7 years that was hands down the smoothest, tastiest Grappa I've ever had but I've never been able to find it since. If you have any importer connections:

Luciani, Grappa Di Brunello Riserva

C.A. SI A 00002W, Poggibonsi, Italia, ca 1998-1999

I would not flask it but I would certainly order a case!

Highland Park 18 year old

Lagavulin 16

Ron Matusalem 15 yr Rum (highly recommended)

Regarding flasks: There are several aluminum flasks from Sigg, MSR, Swiss Army, etc. that are outstanding. The ones I have have look like an MSR fuel bottle but are a different color and are coated inside. I've left 18 year old Highland Park in one for several months with no change in taste.

Flask? what a buncha small-thinkers. ditch the flask and go with a Camelbak. I can get 3 liters of Dark and Stormys' in mine. tongue.gifgrin.gif

Sounds like the golf game I'm playing on Friday.... loves me some dark and stormy! thumbsup.gif

Paul_Burkett

Well I think I will be taking back that SS flask and buying a new one. Thank you for the input and the "special treat" report. I was never a scotch drinker, it was bad tasting, until I tried the good stuff. Yummy. grin.gif

motorman587

I'm packing up for a 2 week camping trip starting Saturday and I've been thinking about what I'll be carrying in my flask for those cold mountain nights. Usually its Jack Daniels and if I'm lucky, a can of Coca-Cola to keep things tasty.

What about you folks?

(And if you don't consume those devilish 2 carbon fragments, please don't be offended - I drink responsibly! grin.gif)

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Effervescent
"Grappa & Camomile"...

Sorry Eff but I think I just vomited a little in my mouth... grin.gif

HA!

Money back guarantee: try the grappa I posted. If you aren't delighted, I'll treat.

-Eff

daveinatlanta

MD 20/20 or Thunderbird for really special occasions. wink.gif

Archived