IGNORED

Having my head examined...........

Francois_Dumas

Francois, I'm also sending good, positive vibes your way. I've had my head examined by the way and they found . . . nothing lmao.gif I hope your examination is similarly uneventful.

Hugs. wave.gif

Francois_Dumas

Thanks everybody..... I am hoping for an empty skull too. It brings many benefits, like not having to worry about ANYTHING ! grin.gif

Paul_Burkett

It may not be that funny Francois, the same thing happened to a friend of mine, the headaches...the works. When the doctors opened up his head...nothing, the doctors wondered how he could function without a brain. It wasn't until the following year when he had his first colonoscopy that those doctors found what the brain surgeons could not. A lot of eye brows were raised that day my friend. lmao.gif

Francois_Dumas

Heheh, I had to look that up. As you know, I am hospital-challenged and try to keep far away from doctors and such..... I hope this will not be MY case.... grin.gifgrin.giftongue.gif

Francois,

I experienced headaches off and on for years. This January they seemed to get worse. I'm referring to headaches that would last 2 or more days. Sometimes Excedrin helped sometimes not.

A month ago, I quit drinking pepsi and mountain dew (caffiene). I started eating more fruits and vegetables, plus drinking lots more water than before.

The headaches went away almost immediately, haven't had one for a month.

Of course this may not have anything to do with your situation. Just throwing it your way.

YMMV, wish you all the best.

Francois_Dumas

Thanks Larry,

yes, caffeine, and most certainly Coke (soda) had an effect on my headaches too. I stopped drinking coke some 25 years ago because of it, and throttled back greatly on my coffee intake. And yes, water helps too, but it is difficult drinking a lot in our winters smirk.gif

It helped some at the time.

'Trouble' is (my doc told me) that I have various sorts of headaches.... not only 'regular' migraine, but also stress-induced cluster headaches sometimes, and another sort that I forgot the name of.

They mix and trade places, as do the medications. Sometimes one helps for a while, then another, etc.

Lately almost nothing helps during an attack, and that coupled with the vision thing got me worried. It may very well be just another period of increased (stress-induced?) headaches that will pass by itself.... that's what I am hoping for. smirk.gif

If its only that, then there are much worse things in life, so I won't complain any further (except on those days that I feel like dying is a better option.... which isn't of course).

Kind regards,

Francois smile.gif

Best wishes that they find nothing, or at the worst, something minor. Do not be afraid to get a 2nd opinion if you don't feel good about the doctor's diagnosis.

Might be ocular migraines. First time I got one, it looked like I was peering through broken glass. Worst part is I had rode into work that day so I had to head over to emergency looking through fractured vision.

Thanks Larry,

yes, caffeine, and most certainly Coke (soda) had an effect on my headaches too. I stopped drinking coke some 25 years ago because of it, and throttled back greatly on my coffee intake. And yes, water helps too, but it is difficult drinking a lot in our winters smirk.gif

It helped some at the time.

'Trouble' is (my doc told me) that I have various sorts of headaches.... not only 'regular' migraine, but also stress-induced cluster headaches sometimes, and another sort that I forgot the name of.

They mix and trade places, as do the medications. Sometimes one helps for a while, then another, etc.

Lately almost nothing helps during an attack, and that coupled with the vision thing got me worried. It may very well be just another period of increased (stress-induced?) headaches that will pass by itself.... that's what I am hoping for. smirk.gif

If its only that, then there are much worse things in life, so I won't complain any further (except on those days that I feel like dying is a better option.... which isn't of course).

Kind regards,

Francois smile.gif

Okay, based on what I see here, I'd put my money on the ocular migraine. Lay off the caffeine. I had to cut from 10 cups a day to two. eek.gif

FWIW Ocular migraines (acephalgic migranes), by definition, lack head pain. They are essentially the aura portion of a migraine but they do not precede a unilateral, pulsatile headache that characterizes a true migraine. A headache with visual symptoms is not really an ocular migraine; rather a 'classic migraine with aura' if the visual symptoms precede the headache, or an 'atypical migraine with visual symptoms' if the visual changes occur after the onset of the headache. However, there is a fairly high rate of conversion from ocular migraine to classic migraine so the underlying problems are probably similar.

Just semantics but it may make good cocktail party discussion someday... tongue.gif

Francois_Dumas

Just semantics but it may make good cocktail party discussion someday... tongue.gif

I don't mind talking about them, I do mind having them... grin.gifgrin.gif

FWIW I don't drink more than 2 or 3 (tiny, to US standards) cups of coffee a day. But the acephalgic migraines sound plausible. We'll see.. we're heading for France first, do the scan upon return and wait for the verdict early April.

Archived