IGNORED

NE Florida Tech Day

Matts_12GS

All, BMWNEF has asked if I'd host a tech day in my garage. I've roped Bernie and to some extent have Huzband wrapped in to helping as well.

We're beginning at 9AM on 4/5 and all are welcome, K, R, F, airheads, hexheads, propeller heads... lmao.gif

I'll provide coffee, water and doughnuts. I have most of the tools needed for most of the services but I don't have a twin max and only have one pair of the feeler gauges needed for a valve adjust.

Location is N30 04.888 W81 37.433 or 1764 Greenridge Cir. S. 32259.

There'll be no sander races or fancy speakers (unless someone wants to volunteer), but we've got the opportunity to do a bunch of work just before the BRR.

In, will bring a Twin Max and tools. Have factory manual for R1200RT and Jim Baden's service DVD. Maybe Matt can talk Jim Moore into bringing his home made u-tube manometer.

Bill, I got the hind. Bring oil, filter, crush washer and what ever else we need.

Thanks for the 'minder.

I gots a five dollar manometer I'll bring, as well as a set of feeler gauges.

If'n anybody wants/needs to do a tire change, my HF changer w/Mojo lever is only a mile away. We can throw a bunch of wheels/tires in my truck, & get-r-done. thumbsup.gif

(Guess I'd better clean my garage, too. blush.gif)

Thanks Bernie but I did the oil change about 1K ago.

Will probably opt for a primer and practice on taking all the panels off so I will have help in finding the screw than falls down into the plumbing.

Bill

In with carb-tune and all the tools for 12GS's. wave.gif

Not what you ride/not my problem. dopeslap.gif

Cool, Marty's gonna tune up twelve GS's. cool.gif

Read?

He's spoiled, don't the ladies from Starbuckets read it to him?

tongue.gif

wave.gif [/quote

Only when I leave my glasses home. grin.gif

And only when there is another one to wheel me around and keep the sun out of my eyes. eek.gif

Hi Jim, good to see you around again! wave.gif

Which pivot bearing do you want to do?

I been busy, man! Two kids, two jobs, trying to get to the track every now and then. It's wearing me out.

I'm starting to feel a little 3-9 slop in the rear wheel on my GS. I plan to replace the rear pivot pins eventually. I'd like to watch someone else do it before I start tearng into mine.

John,

We're always in need of security when Marty's involved. I think we'll need most of it to keep him out of the liquor cabinet. You up to the challenge? lmao.gif

I did the ones on my RT and it's really pretty easy.

I'll gladly show you how to do it on the GS if you want. After all, you live close enough to walk home if we screw it all up! lmao.gif

Seriously, it's pretty easy to do, fire up the torch to heat the pins up for removal,

drink a beer

remove the pins and tap the bearings out

drink a beer

have some lunch

reassemble with blue loctite...

Or something like that.

I can bring the torch and the hammer. Need a 3 or 5 pound one? lmao.gif

Hey Knifemaker, do you still have that heat gun? Maybe you should bring it along.

motorman587
John,

We're always in need of security when Marty's involved. I think we'll need most of it to keep him out of the liquor cabinet. You up to the challenge? lmao.gif

Do some say liquor cabinet??????? I may have to join. grin.gif

John,

Do some say liquor cabinet??????? I may have to join. grin.gif

I'll be your wingman on this little outing....just checked my schedule, looks like it a 90% chance of being available! thumbsup.gif

I knew this would turn into another gun thread. tongue.gif

Maybe we should detune the bikes there so we can make it another global warming thread too! lurker.gif

One big Milwallkee heat gun coming up....let me know if you want me to bring it.....

Yes, Matt I will ride the R....

So the 3 stogies are coming from TLH. Something to look forward to... lmao.gif

Oh, hi guys. wave.gif

Marty,

didn't remember you smoking, but I'll bring you one too.

plainlogo2.gif

cool.gif

Sounds like fun. I'll be there if I'm in town. I'd love to watch someone replace pivot bearings.

I'm beginning to wonder if mine need replacing too. The silver GS is about ready for a major overhaul I'm afraid.

I wondering ... if we shoot the lock off of Matt's liquor cabinet, do you think that the neighbors will complain ... again? lurker.gif

I did the ones on my RT and it's really pretty easy.

I'll gladly show you how to do it on the GS if you want.

I'm not quite ready yet, but maybe I'll borrow some of your expertise this Summer, if that's OK. I'll happily pay in beer and/or chow.

BTW, sounds like you have an "interesting" group showing up. clap.gif

So the 3 stooges are coming from TLH. Something to look forward to... lmao.gif

Oh, hi guys. wave.gif

Great Marty, now I won't get them to stop callin' me Curly!! lmao.gif

See ya then wave.gif

Jim,

I did mine a couple of weeks back. Went with the JL bushings instead of the bearings. Once done, nothing to it....

Matt,

Tried to do a Mpaquest and it said your Zip is invalid?

You, Me, them? grin.gif

Beth and I are looking at coming over and maybe doing a couple days in the area, or a mini tour.

32259 is invalid? I better get that fixed so I can get my free gubmint chex this summer!

Let me know if I can help with any logistics on this end Tim.

Matt, and others.

Change the S (south) on the address to an E (east0.

Works then.

At least Dianne, knows where they live. dopeslap.gifwave.gif

Archived