IGNORED

5 shot dead in Dekalb, Illinois - when is this crap gonna stop?

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Hmm, maybe gun control laws actually encourage these types of tragic events. The shooters know the gun controlled, law abiding public are not packing and they can shoot at will without fear or anyone shooting back at them.

A couple of observations...

1. The media fans the flames of the insane and their moment of fame.

2. A mulitude of gun control laws were violated and there always will be sociopaths who will violate them.

3. Eventually the fourth amendment will need to be modified to reflect the values and morals of our society.

4. The mentally ill need to be institutionalized just like they were 50 years ago.

Dave McReynolds

4. The mentally ill need to be institutionalized just like they were 50 years ago.

I agree with this, based on what we've seen in CA since they were all turned out of the institutions 20-30 years ago. The mentally ill have suffered much more than others in society from this policy, with most of them left homeless and without any medical attention. However, from the reports I've read, the shooter in Illinois had not exhibited behavior that would have caused him to be locked up, either now or back when they more commonly kept people with mental illness confined.

Hmm, maybe gun control laws actually encourage these types of tragic events. The shooters know the gun controlled, law abiding public are not packing and they can shoot at will without fear or anyone shooting back at them.

Well, this is why I agree with those who call the cowards. No matter how crazy they are, they certainly aren't stupid. Why don't they ever attack a bunch of Marines who are engaged in target practice?! Why not attack the guys at the local shooting range? Go down the Crenshaw Blvd in Compton and attack the Crypts or the Bloods!

They never "pick on someone their own size" because they are evil cowards.

Well, this is why I agree with those who call the cowards. No matter how crazy they are, they certainly aren't stupid. Why don't they ever attack a bunch of Marines who are engaged in target practice?! Why not attack the guys at the local shooting range? Go down the Crenshaw Blvd in Compton and attack the Crypts or the Bloods!

They never "pick on someone their own size" because they are evil cowards.

Oh, I guess that explains why, at in so far as school incidents go, the perpetrators have all, or nearly all, had associations with the targeted institutions?

I certainly didn't expect such unthinking vitriol from you James.

I'll say again, the experts have said there is no profile of these individuals, and there is no profile for their motives. Digest that please.

So far no one has responded to my earlier question even with evidence that schools are targeted more than other institutions. We certainly have no evidence that the perpetrators are targeting due to perceived a lack of guns in particular locations.

Jan

I certainly didn't expect such unthinking vitriol from you James.

Dude, you are way out of line with that comment. confused.gif

Steve,

I guess we'll never understand one another, because I am as baffled by your comment as you are by mine.

Jan

I'm not baffled by your comment.

Then maybe Greg is right about emoticons.... I thought this one: confused.gif meant confused?

In any event, I am baffled by your comment, completely.

Jan

I'm not baffled by your comment.

Then maybe Greg is right about emoticons.... I thought this one: confused.gif meant confused?

In any event, I am baffled by your comment, completely.

Jan

You don't see any problem taking that shot at James? "Unthinking vitriol." Is that the way you normally talk to people?

OK, let's everyone bring it down a notch.

An opinion is just that. It may be supported by facts, by circumstantial evidence or may simply be a personal feeling. Additionally, in situations like this shooting, where people are often expressing emotion-laced sentiments, we all need to be a little more understanding in our disagreements.

Again, if people want to argue what causes such events and what we can do about them, take it to another thread.

Sorry, Steve, but your post was the last in line. My comments apply across the board to all.

"So far no one has responded to my earlier question even with evidence that schools are targeted more than other institutions. We certainly have no evidence that the perpetrators are targeting due to perceived a lack of guns in particular locations. "

I don't know if there ever has been a documented study relating to this. I can tell you that the Post Office incidents as well as the workplace shootings reported by the media have dropped considerably. I doubt that they have stopped. Secondly, it has always rang true that unarmed folks are always the prey of those who choose to be bullies with guns. I guess that the stats of the "deranged" folks killing those who don't have weapons to repel the shooter are always going to be higher then those that do. Then it's not news because someone comes in, shoots and then gets shot. Game over. But enough of the poltico and socio junk, the Op asked when is it gonna stop. I have to agree with those who've stated it will be when the media stops sensationalizing it. Why in the world do we need to make these families go through it over and over again by having it play 24 hrs for a week. What purpose does that fill?

Archived