IGNORED

What were you driving in '65?

Edgar

I was three years old - driving my mother mad - we were living in Singapore as my dad was stationed there [ army ] .

Steve

Hmmmmm, would take me too long to find all the pictures so I'll just have to spell it out.........

'47 Army 4x4

'49 Willys

'52 Merc

'59 Edsel

Ford tractor

Case Tractor

Case Combine

occassionally the neighbors Tote Goat

Pat

Got one for my birthday that year!

schwinn_stingray.jpg

Lucky bastige! I wanted one of those, but my dad bought a me a "convertible" (i.e., removable top bar) learner bike. I later added a banana seat and butterfly handlebars to Sting-Ray-ize it. I eventually talked my Dad into a genuine 3-speed Sting Ray complete with "Slik" rear tire, which I put about a zillion miles on.

Had a Corvair Monza Spyder. What brakes? What clutch? Left it under a snow drift in Squaw Valley, California in 1972. Anybody find it?

Bruce

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I saw that car!

NoLongeraK1200RSRider
Wow, there are people still alive from that year!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

(1976 baby, ducking) blush.gif

Jamie.. I was in Viet Nam driving a tractor trailer rig from Pleiku in the central highlands down to Quihnon on the coast. Did that run daily for almost 2 years. dopeslap.gif

And yes, I think I am still alive, even after having been to your place a couple of times.. ya lil chit!! lmao.giflurker.gif

In 1965 I had the Calif. learners permit issued at 15 1/2 years of age and was the proud owner of a 1948 CJ2A jeep low hood that would soon have a 327 chevy powerplant thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I started 1965 with a '60 Pontiac "Wide Track" Star Chief 2 door sedan. Trade her in for a brand new '65 VW 1300 Bettle. Here is a September 1962 photo of my first two wheel ride - a '59 Honda Cub, purchased from a pawn shop on Okinawa for $50.

Archived