IGNORED

::..sO -- who's pitchin' a tent..?? Tenters reply only please.!..::

hANNAbONE

ohboy ohboy ohboy, my boss has changed his Vacation dates , yeah yeah yeah. really looking like i'll be CAMPING..... yipeeskippy

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

lurker.gif

• 5 weeks later...
hANNAbONE

aWESOME...the more the merrier...bring a ton of beer as Doc47 will be thirsty / so he sez..

• 3 weeks later...

i can't seem to find any info on tenting in regard to advance registration.... Do i need to register with the campground in advance to to tent?

still unsure if i can make it, but want to be there

sANTA :

Sounds like you just show up and pitch it...$5.00 a day == extra $5.00 with electricity.

Plenty o' room - as they'e had +200 BMW rallys there with no trouble getting the tenters a place....so said Steve.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
i can't seem to find any info on tenting in regard to advance registration.... Do i need to register with the campground in advance to to tent?

If you refer to this lodging and general info thread, you can pre-register for the tent camping.

The hotel/camping prices listed are discounted for us. To get the prices, call the numbers listed and say that you are with the BMW UnRally. Be sure to specify the dates that you want – the BMW club of Oregon holds a rally there too, the Chief Joseph rally in mid-June.

The fairgrounds don’t take credit cards at this time; you’ll have to mail them a check. Still, the fairgrounds hold hundreds of tents for the other rally, so we’ll have plenty of space.

Headquarters

Grant County Fairgrounds

411 NW Bridge St.

Phone: 541-575-1900

Amenities: UnRally Headquarters, showers, picnic tables, WiFi, eating pavilion

Prices: $5 per tent, extra $5 for electricity. Yes they can park RVs. No, I don’t know exactly how much…

:thumbsup:

thanks guys...

at this time i am unable to absolutely confirm that i am coming, when that hurdle is crossed i will deal with it

lastly when tenting, what provisions are there for security of belongings, do they have some form of locker?

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
lastly when tenting, what provisions are there for security of belongings, do they have some form of locker?

No lockers. In all of my years of moto-camping and rallying, I have never had anybody pilfer any of my stuff, stored at camp.

• 2 weeks later...

well looks like i'm gonna tent this trip, looking forward to seeing you all

John which bike are you bringing this year? we gotta go out and slay a free more corners together...

well looks like i'm gonna tent this trip, looking forward to seeing you all

John which bike are you bringing this year? we gotta go out and slay a free more corners together...

tHAT iS soooooooooo happenin', Santa...I'm getting stoked about coming.!

Sounds like there is gonna be quite a crew. Hope they've got enough beer in John Day.??!!

Bike - well - I'm 90% leaning towards the KTM...but I was just riding my Sprint ST/ABS in the rain and man I'd love to take it too.

I'll keep ya posted.

See ya in a month..!

sANTA - the more that I think about it the more I'm leaning towards the Sprint ST/A...it'll get upper 40's to +50 mpg even loaded...the KTM will get low to mid 30's.

I'll probably bring the ST if I 2-wheel it from Dull Moan, Iowa.

If I trailer it - it'll be a toss up.

• 5 weeks later...

OK, I've got the camping stuff packed. But I'm not looking forward to being in a tent at 90 to 100F.

I remember a few years ago not being able to sleep at Bright Angel campground, Grand Canyon. Got up at midnight and it was still 95F!!

One or two sleepless nights and I'm moving for air conditioning.

I'll be there Monday afternoon. Route to be determined, checking weather maps first.

Mike Cassidy

I just bought a new tent with lots of mesh! It has been getting really nice at night up there according to the weather. I think tenting will be really nice. I should be pitching my tent at JD around noon on Tuesday.

partlycloudy

Sunday

Mostly sunny. Highs 87 to 96. Light wind becoming northwest 5 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

» ZIP Code Detail

sunny

Sunday Night through Monday Night

Clear. Lows 52 to 59. Highs 87 to 97.

nt_sunny

Tuesday and Tuesday Night

Clear. Highs 94 to 101. Lows 54 to 61.

partlycloudy

Wednesday

Mostly sunny. Highs 95 to 100.

nt_sunny

Wednesday Night

Mostly clear. Lows 54 to 59.

partlycloudy

Thursday

Mostly sunny. Highs 93 to 98.

gregg

i should be in tuesday by noon as well

leaving the 'toon on sunday afternoon heading to cranbrook and then down through idaho. plan to stop at helmet store in cour d'alene and check out a new lid.

Archived