IGNORED

Redesign of R 1200 RT - How would you do it?

Twisties

I'd change very little, how can you improve upon (near )perfection. grin.gif

TPM (tire pressure monitor) is nice, but

I would like to see realtime tire pressure and a digital speedometer. thumbsup.gif

1. The seat! For the love of mike.....

2. Protection for the oil cooler.

3. Oil cooler fan(s) on non-authority bikes.

4. Medium tank-bag.

5. Adjustable handlebars (Up and back, thank you)

6. Some way to get to the right low-beam bulb without having to spend 6 months training your pet baboon to do it.

7. Adjustable shifter.

8. OEM passenger backrest. This thing is so fast it scares the stuffing out of my wife.

9. Instrument cluster from the LT.

10. FIX THE SEAT. This is a world class bike for Pete's sake! German butts cannot be THAT different. And what's with those little child feet?? (see #7)

Adjustable handlebars sound good as long as they go down and forward also. They are too high and too far back. You can't please everyone so some adjustability is great. The setup on the new GT looks good, adjustable but solid.

Drop the seat height 1" or more so it is adjustable down to 29.5"

Restyle the rear portion so it doesn't stick up like a dog's rear end in heat. I prefer a more classic look with the rack no higher than the front seat, and with a level orientation.

1. A seat that's REALLY comfortable...Stop the rush to after market seats as a first issue of business when buying a BMW....Kawa-sak-it-too-me pretty much did it years ago on the Concourse I hear.....

2. Make the seat adjustable down to about 29-30" or so....(This should be #1 priority not #2).......

That's it for me......

Oh yeah.......Put a drain plug in the final drive....

Phil.........Redbrick

Archived