IGNORED

White water rafting on the Lower New River (Tuesday 9/4)

randy

I know an UnRally is all about riding. But after checking it all out, I have determined 1 days spent resting and taking in a white water rafting trip might be nice.

Soooooooooooooooooooo

I am setting up a whitewater rafting trip. Here is the tentative information

Trip will leave RiverMan around 9am on 9/4. All participants have to be at Riverman and checked in by 8:45am

Each participant will need to wear proper clothing. Best recommendation is bicycle type shorts and shirt. i.e. water wicking type clothing and not loose fitting. Riverman provides the head gear and life jackets.

The trip takes about 4 -6 hours and latest we would be back is around 3:30pm. During the trip there are stops for swimming and just goofing off.

The trip includes a lunch break and food is provided. Lunch is deli meats, tomato, mayo, mustard cheese etc. Also includes pasta salad, potato salad, and water.

Cost is 57.00 per person.

They can handle up to 400, but a "group" is considered 40. so if we get say 80 participants then the second group would leave around 10am.

If you want to sign up please respond to this thread.

I will provide Shauna with an anticipated count. However up to the 40 person per "group" limit, Shauna say's they are very flexible.

If you want more information on the lower New River trip, this is the link.

http://www.rivermen.com/site/trips/new-river-lower-summer/

I really think this would be a very fun event, and I am hoping we can get a group of 30 - 40 riders who want to join us.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in about 8 weeks.

Great idea Randy, I booked for friday. I figure it this way, if I fall out of the raft & drown, at least I won't have missed the great riding. eek.gif

Pat

good point, but I figure a lot of us will be riding on Sat, Sund and mon, so maybe a day off on Tues might give me the break I need. that is why I choose Tues. Which you could go with us, but I am sure Friday will be a good run.

Roger, good to have you along. I think Joel Gross will be joining us, so we now have 4

Randy

Chris K

Joel G

Roger A

36 more to go thumbsup.gif

Please help pass the word around, I think this would be a very fun event.

Put me down. I figure while I'm at Riverman I might as well take care of "Three Never Beens" blush.gif :

White water rafting

Horseback riding

Rock climbing

I have to plan out my week. grin.gif

awesome Ben, yes I also looked at the rock climbing. That looked really nice. But I decided to cut my trip by one day, and that is what I cut out.

so now we have 5

Keep passing the word it takes 8 to fill one raft, and I was hoping to get 3 maybe 4 rafts.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine does a lot of rafting and kyaking. He has run the New river. Says we will really enjoy it.

Come on, Riverman is giving us a great discount only 57.00 ( I think normal price is 114.00) and that includes lunch, a guide, all the equipment.

For anyone who wants to work this in thier schedule, we would love to have you join us.

Randy, i'm close to deciding about changing my whitewater rafting from Friday to Tuesday. Is your group going no matter the number of Participants?

Pat

Yes, we would love to have you. As far as I know they already have other "outsiders" signed up that day. And with you I think we now have 6 so that makes a raft. I believe she said 6 minimum 8 max per raft.

pass the word around, I am still hoping we can get 16 total.

Come on riders, especially some of you spending the whole week, the roads are great in this area, but a one day break might to all of some good. And for all I can research the New River is a very nice river to run.

My girlfriend and I want to be there for this on Tuesday. We are working our schedules now for arriving earlier than we had planned originally. Will let you know shortly.

Great, if Pat (currently considering) joins us. And you two decide to join that is 8. One raft filled

Lets get one more clap.gif

That way if one of us goes under frown.gif at least the other group can save us lmao.gif:

let me know when you know.

Ok, we are close, let's get one more clap.gif

Randy E

Chris K

Joel G

Roger A

Pat B

Craig T

Terri

Pass the word around let's have some fun. I have had two more friends let me know the New River is a great white water rafting river. I play volleyball, and it seems a lot of those players are whitewater river participants. When they heard I was going, they all said it will be a lot of fun.

We need 9 more to fill our two rafts. Pass the word around.

Ok, we are close, let's get one more clap.gif

Randy E

Chris K

Joel G

Roger A

Pat B

Craig T

Terri

Hey! Looks like you forgot me? grin.gif Or did I forget something? tongue.gif

Yes Ben sorry. you are in now. Eric look forward to having you. Ok we now have one full raft and we can build for our second raft. 8 more and we have our second raft. Keep passing the word around.

Randy E

Chris K

Joel G

Roger A

Ben R

Pat B

Craig T

Terri

Eic H

Just to confirm, WV does have "tourist tax" our raft rate from Riverman is 57.00 WV taxes are 5.42 so total per person is 62.42. Just wanted to update everyone.

Sunjoo and I made reservations to go rafting months ago. But we made them for Wed. figuring that Tuesday was the first official day of the UnRally and we didn't want to conflict with people who might just be arriving.

we would love to have you join us. We debated Tues vrs Wed. It really came down the fact we are leaving on Saturday, and we are heading home Friday. Tuesday was the midpoint and I was hoping some people would like to have that day off. If your interested in joining us we would love to have you in our group.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to confirm, WV does have "tourist tax" our raft rate from Riverman is 57.00 WV taxes are 5.42 so total per person is 62.42. Just wanted to update everyone.

Randy, Do we need to tell Rivermen we're part of this excursion and pay upfront or will there be some other means of registering/paying. I ask because I just called and paid for my meals and other activities, but I didn't mention this because I wasn't certain of the details. I have mentioned to Shauna Johnson that I plan to be part of this outing. Thanks.

You do not have to register with Riverman's. On August 27 I will send an e-mail to Riverman's (Shauna) with each of our names. If you are staying at Riverman's it will just be added to your bill. If you are at the Motel you will pay Tuesday morning.

looking forward to having both of you. This is our list as of now. Let's find 4 more. If I have missed anyone, let me know.

Randy Etheridge

Chris Kinney

Joel Gross

Roger McKim

Ben Ricci

Pat Brothers

Craig Titus

Terri (SO to Craig Titus)

Eric Hanson

Alan Donnels

Joe Pilz

Joe Pilz (SO)

With all this heat here now adays, a nice float down a roaring river sounds refreshing!

Put me and my wife in (she doesn't know I signed her up, ha).

that is awesome, we look forward to having you. Ok that makes 14 (only 2 more spots left)

Randy Etheridge

Chris Kinney

Joel Gross

Roger McKim

Ben Ricci

Pat Brothers

Craig Titus

Terri (SO to Craig Titus)

Eric Hanson

Alan Donnels

Joe Pilz

Joe Pilz (SO)

D Hanson

D Hanson (SO)

Oh, Oh, Oh - please count me in. I'm so excited I could pee my pants... but I'll wait until we're in the gushing water so no one will notice.

JUST KIDDING!!!! I don't want to be in a raft by myself.

Randy, thanks so very much for setting this up.

Cheers,

Kirsten

Oh, Oh, Oh - please count me in. I'm so excited I could pee my pants... but I'll wait until we're in the gushing water so no one will notice.

JUST KIDDING!!!! I don't want to be in a raft by myself.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

God, it'll be good to see you again--it's been too long . . . over a year? eek.gif

So . . . when are you two going to make it out to Torrey??? Too bad Jennifer can't make it, but I'll help you with her wine and you can have her beer! thumbsup.gif

Ok we have 15 spots filled. We have one spot left. I will send the final list into Riverman's on August 27. Pass the word around.

Randy Etheridge

Chris Kinney

Joel Gross

Roger McKim

Ben Ricci

Pat Brothers

Craig Titus

Terri Titus

Eric Hanson

Alan Donnels

Joe Pilz

Joe Pilz (SO)

D Hanson

D Hanson (SO)

Kirsten

one more week to confirm, and we need one more thrill seeker. Come on and join the fun, water, and sun (not to mention a picnic by the river)

Come on... I promise to go BEFORE heading for the water.... just one more!

But seriously, I really am excited to get to see you all again... even you guys, Jamie and Sage grin.gif

BeniciaRT_GT
Come on... I promise to go BEFORE heading for the water.... just one more!

But seriously, I really am excited to get to see you all again... even you guys, Jamie and Sage grin.gif

I'm still strongly on the fence with this one, but will know in a couple of days. This sounds like fun, even if KT wants to make warm spots in the river! blush.giflmao.gif

BeniciaRT_GT
As a recent fortune cookie told me, "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." lmao.gif

dopeslap.gif

Easy Young Lady, if I just might not be so scared to get close to you in the water even after your aforementioned habits, that I might push your head under water for a while!!!

I think at this point however, I have to say "out" frown.gif

Probably for the best, just imagine how long it would take Richard to put a wet suit on!
Probably for the best, just imagine how long it would take Richard to put a wet suit on!
Ooooh, THAT ain't gonna buff out!! I can't wait to see the fireworks on this one!! lurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif
BeniciaRT_GT

At least I can fit in one and don't have to have one custom made, Right Pork Chop?:

BobPalininCody_005.jpg

Or:

KillerProfile.JPG

Now now boys, let's not get too personal. wink.gif

Richard, very sorry you won't make it, but at least we'll be able to hangout later.

See you all soon! clap.gif

I am unable, at least in words, to tell you just how frightening and disturbing this is. So, I'll just "say"

dopeslap.gifeek.gifdopeslap.gifeek.gifdopeslap.gif

This just brings a whole new meaning to the idea of "wet n wild"

lurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

Since you all took this fine thread in a totally inappropriate direction, I being the adult / mature / sensible person lmao.gif will now bring the topic back on track.

For anyone that can get those pics out of their head, dopeslap.gif we still have room for one more person.

Archived