IGNORED

White water rafting on the Lower New River (Tuesday 9/4)

randy

just out of curiosity, what does one wear

white water rafting? confused.gif

I'd recommend a nice seer-sucker suit and some high quality loafers...
That ... or ATGATT ... OR ...

Lightweight, poly shirt. Usually, the "wicking" type shirts that are made for hiking and work great under your mesh riding jacket in summer (various poly blends). I would advise against a cotton T-shirt. Nylon, poly-blend, or ripstop shorts. Some sort of water shoe/sandal (not flip-flops as you will almost certainly find them flaoting down the river without you). Old tennis shoes will work.

It's a safe bet wearing a PFD & helmet will be mando. You will probably have the option of checking out a wetsuit at the outfitter's base camp but I'm not certain at this place (but I wouldn't expect that the air or water would be cold enough to warrant that).

Don't get me wrong ... I'm in no way an expert. Terri and I just went last spring on the Nolichucky out in western NC/Eastern TN. It's a blast! See you there.

For everyone who is joining us at Riverman on Tuesday 9-4 for whitewater rafting, time to call in and put the cost on your account or card

if you are staying at Riverman, Call Shauna and add the rafting trip to your bill.

if you are staying outside of Riverman you need to call Shauna and reserve your spot with your card

Shauna Johnson 800-545-7238 ext15.

Once you have paid for your seat please post here, so I can keep count.

Ben, Good thing you're bringing your water camera cover.

I've got a cheep water camera from wal-mart that I'm bringing along also.

Thanks Randy,

Called Shauna and left a message. I'm staying at the Rivermen so I guess she's just adding it to my bill. But, I'll call again to confirm my confirmation clap.gif

So - I'M IN thumbsup.gif

that is great about the camera's. I have a decent digital camer, but not water capable. so you two are the designated camera crew clap.gif

Hey Randy, they have your credit card on file so I had them charge my raft trip to it!

PS: your nearing your credit limit! tongue.gif

I haven't been able to get through nor have I received a return call yet. I have left messages, the last one requesting her to bill me for 2 tix just as we did the meals (I'm staying at the hotel).

I'll reply again when I can confirm with Shauna directly that all is taken care of for Terri and me.

I'm in and PAID (via Christine at Rivermen). See you all there! wave.gif BTW: The weather is currently forecast for: Clear skies, 83 deg for the entire week! I hope it holds.

thanks everyone. looking forward to Tuesday, almost as much as the week of riding.

yes so far weather looks good. however I was going to check the 10 forecast Friday morning. At least hoping the first 5 days might be close. usually the 15 day forecasts are less reliable. So we will see what the 10 day forecast looks like Friday morning.

But what do I care, my bike is ready and I am heading out, rain, shine, heat, cool come Saturday morning. So maybe I will not even look at the forecast. It is vacation time, what does the weather matter

clap.gif

if that 10% chance of rain turns into 80%, no way I'm goin !!!

I plan on stayin dry all the way down the river. grin.gif

I'm STOKED clap.gif COME ONNNNNN TUESDAY clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Archived