IGNORED

In preparation for Torrey

bmwdude

Otherwise: canteen, knife and flint will suffice.

Ah, another Man Vs. Wild fan. We haven't had to drink our pee at Torrey......yet. But ya never know what may happen if Killer takes you on a back road ride. Ain't that right, Whip? grin.gif

I'll bet there's plenty of pee it's just that no one's thirsty.

• 2 months later...

No one is probably reading this old thread but I thought that I would throw this here, for now....

...it is funny to read these posts now that I have met so many of you during Torrey XIV (to get to XIV, I have to count by II's)wink.gif. In getting to know some of you and then reading the posts, I can really see more behind the content....the humor, the caring, the welcoming presence that you all (all except for one) lmao.gif had...have....It was very nice to meet you all and thanks for the advice....next time I will heed more of the advice.

Great time!!! clap.gif

No one is probably reading this old thread but I thought that I would throw this here, for now....

...it is funny to read these posts now that I have met so many of you during Torrey XIV (to get to XIV, I have to count by II's)wink.gif. In getting to know some of you and then reading the posts, I can really see more behind the content....the humor, the caring, the welcoming presence that you all (all except for one) lmao.gif had...have....It was very nice to meet you all and thanks for the advice....next time I will heed more of the advice.

Great time!!! clap.gif

Hey John,

It was great riden with you and meeting you and watchen you fit right in with the crowd. Your a natural!! Hope to see you in May.

Firefight911
What should I bring?

This will be my first multi-day trek on a motorcycle. The obvious things are:

helmet, bike, me, clothes (including boots), money and things like that but I was wondering about coldish-weather items and especially emergency items like flat tire harware even though I am so not handy that I wouldn't know what to do anyway with a flat other than call AAA.

...Just trying to plan ahead in case I need to order something that is going to take a while to get to me.

Thanks!!

First off..............Bring a good sense of humor with you.

Buy a plug & go tire kit and a small 12v air compressor if you think it'll make you happier.

Pack the least amount of clothes possible to conserve space in your bags. A Gerbings electric jacket is always a good thing to have in the fall, just don't count on it working perfectly, bring a lite warm vest in case it doesn't.

I usually take the following:

Gerbings jacket

Vest

Flip Flops

Three changes of underwear

Pair of Jeans

Air Compressor w/ Tire Kit

ipod

Cigars

Toothbrush

,,,,,plus what I'm wearing while riding, leather pants, boots, touring jacket, gloves & a helmet.

Anything else is optional, but a map usually is a good thing if you've never been there before.

PS: If your a clothes whore and just can't get out of the house without your best Amari stuff, you can always UPS it up to your hotel and parade around the CW on Sat night with it on. thumbsup.gif

And now he will add a chainsaw for Spring Torrey!!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Archived