IGNORED

The cost of ownership

BillZ

118,000 miles on my RT - 31c a mile.
It took 48 responses before anybody answered the OP's initial question. Good for you, Bob! thumbsup.gif (But I am not sure that was what Bill was really after, in the end.)

Bill, watch some Ebay Road King auctions. You really might be able to do well there.

Bill

You should be able to sell your RK easily. If I owned a H-D that is the one I would buy. Sell your junk and then get an LT or whatever you want. Good luck.

KB

Well, I may just use Ebay to sell. But not right now. We already have a ride scheduled for two weeks from now and we are pumped. I have looked around at the price of Road Kings on ebay and other places. I have also looked at the prices for BMWs on ebay and elsewhere and have been encouraged. I know that I will have a BMW some day, just not right now. But I am thankful to have found you guys! This is a cool place to just hang out. Am I allowed to just sit quietly in the corner, even though I don't actually own a BMW, and just listen?

Thanks for all your good advice and support. This is truely a great place for meeting nice people.

I have had an HD for the last 45-50 years. and a BMW from 1975-1989, and now 2006 R12RT.. All great bikes.. Just different.. I ride both my 02 Road Glide and the RT almost every week.. Both are good long distance bikes.. If going days and weeks by muself I take the BMW.. With my HD friends, the Road Glide.. Keep the HD and buy the RT,.. You will be Sooooooooooooo Happy.. Cost the samy in upkeep..

Archived