IGNORED

Most beautiful motorcycle ever constructed

russell_bynum

George Brown
What do you think is the most beautiful bike ever constructed?

That would be the first bike I ever got to ride on with Dad back in '63 smile.gif

dreamstu.jpg

One of my favorites also. I had one in '63 also.

I thought you said the MOST BEAUTIFUL motorcycle ever constructed. confused.gif

While some of these "nostalgic" ones may be significant to some people, and old Honda (and I had one too) could hardly be considered beautiful. tongue.gif

The Pacific Blue is pretty, but the Ivory with navy pinstripe and matching dual Corbin Saddle with Beetle Bags did it for us:

30778053-L.jpg

I think my black 1150RT is beautiful as well (at least when it used to be clean! tongue.gif ), but back when Leslie was riding the above bike, whenever we'd be riding anywhere together she'd draw the stares and we had to actually plan in extra time at gas stops because her bike would always draw a crowd of amazed onlookers. thumbsup.gif

Lousy SportTourer for the kind of riding we now like to do, but despite Killer's opinion, it was one gorgeous motorcycle. smile.gif

This is what started it all for me.

STINGRAY_PUR.jpg

The engine has been removed in this picture it seems (playing cards wooden clothes-pinned to the forks).

Probably was leaking aces real bad.

Mine did.

lmao.gif

That's what started it all for me as well!

I didn't have enough money to buy a real Stingray so I built mine.

Thanks for posting that. I had forgotten.

125473159-M.jpg
This has my vote clap.gif Great photo!

thumbsup.gif Me too, kemosabe..............And in that color too....

Phil.........Redbrick

I can't think of any other bike that has ever made me just want to stare at it.

I didn't either until I saw this picture:

Bimota_Tesi_2D_1655_3.jpg

But then I'm staring at it for very different reasons other than contemplating its beautiful lines. tongue.gif

That is a face only a mother--or and engineer--could love. lmao.gif

That said, I also think those K-bikes are sexy (the NON-LT's that is--sorry, guys) and certain color schemes REALLY set off the bike's lines well. I can't say the same with the general direction BMW is taking with respect to design (especially the front views--think ST . . . . eek.gif ). If I wanted something that looked like a JapAnime Transformer I could always just buy a Honda. They might not be nearly as overpriced, but at least I don't need a $70,000 computer and a few hundred mile round trip to tell me when it's time to adjust the valves. tongue.gif

Eckhard Grohe

1968 Triumph Bonneville T120R Canadian edition with the stainless fenders.

Fell in love with them in the 60s, had 2 of them and hated them. But no other bike was as proportioned, a 650cc engine, a tiny frame, could get my feet flat on the ground, was nimble as all get out.

The mechanics of it were horrible. A mechanical design that long out lived its usefulness.

Somewhere in that rush to technological excellence the virtues of that bike got lost. The closest thing, feeling wise, I ever sat on were a Ducati Monster and Harley 1200R Sportser.

Are you sorry you asked?

An R90s is also a beautiful bike. My 1984 R100RS is also beautiful.

• 5 weeks later...

1993_motoguzzi_1000_01.jpg

Just saw it in the classifieds and started breathing heavy. She's beautiful. Wish I'd seen it earlier. dopeslap.gif

Slartidbartfast

Being also a big fan of things mechanical, I too like the Tesi. For similar reasons, one of my favorite beautiful bikes would be any of the Harris, Spondon or Moto Martin framed CBX specials:

Martin-CBX.jpg

As with several other posters, I saw some truly beautiful bikes at the Barber museum. A Guzzi special caught my eye:

Ghezzi-Brian.jpg

Barber also has a Hesketh. I remember lusting after these back in 1980, although for some reason, it doesn't look quite so sexy now (maybe in red?)

Hesketh.jpg

My all-time favorite however, has got to be any special based upon that gorgeous hunk of vincent engine, especially the Norvin. Huge alloy tank and huge shiny motor - Yum!

Norvin.jpg

This one needs a big, multi-leading-shoe drum brake to be just about perfect.

Well, I would be remiss if I didn't mention my black 2002 K1200RS. Love those lines.

But the bike that was in the stable previously (and is still there, but needs an engine rebuild) is a 1988 Honda Magna (I have a red one):

88.jpg

Archived