IGNORED

Most beautiful motorcycle ever constructed

russell_bynum

russell_bynum

We had a thread like this over on one of the sportbike boards, and it got some cool responses.

What do you think is the most beautiful bike ever constructed?

For me...there's to many to name just one.

These are all bikes that I could just sit and stare at for hours.

The top of the list would be:

Britten V1000

dcp_0146.jpg

Ducati 916

Ducati_916_123.jpg

MV Agusta F4 Tamburini (I guess I like Tamburini's designs...he did the 916, too)

F4_1000Tamburini-05_1-lge.jpg

BMW R90S

r90s_7.jpg

1947 Indian Chief

Indian-Chief-1947.jpg

Aprilia RSV Factory

aprilia_rsvr_factory_2006_3.jpg

What would make your list?

1978US%20R100RS.jpg

Wanted one then.

Still want one now.

You're right about there being too many to list, but that one came to mind first.

Hey, you "stole" two of my favorites!

MV Augusta F4 Tamburini and Aprilia RSV Factory.

So close to riding that Factory at Femmoto...oh well. smirk.gif

that britten v1000 is the ugliest bike i've ever seen, i think the MV augusta bikes are well styled and i always loved the looks of my 2003 K1200RS.

russell_bynum
Big Yuppers to the Vinnie but I would also add

Velocette Thruxton and Norton Manx to that list thumbsup.gif.

Pics man...pics.

Don't know about "most" but one of the more better ones would have to be the Captain America from Easy Rider. Austere and sculptural and of course iconic. Neat to see in person.

easyrider.jpg

russell_bynum
Since I like all things mechanical....

Bimota_Tesi_2D_1655_3.jpg

Shawn

That one made the "Ugliest motorcycles every constructed" thread on the sportbike board.

What do I know...I think it's kinda cool.

I have to agree on the Britten; however I think you have the wrong MV.

The red / silver F4-1000 S beats the red and black IMHO.

F41K_2.jpg

Best tail pipe award will always go to the MV’s four cones under the seat.

Shawn

That one made the "Ugliest motorcycles every constructed" thread on the sportbike board.

What do I know...I think it's kinda cool.

Which way do you point it?? lmao.gif

Shawn

Which way did he go?? eek.gifdopeslap.gif

lmao.giflmao.gif

Thats a Rube Goldberg special for sure .Kinda interesting though. grin.gif

The most beautiful bike ever constructed was my 3 h.p. mini bike. It was my first ride and a ticket for freedom...at 26 m.p.h. with flip flops and no helmet or brakes. What a beauty! thumbsup.gif

Lone_RT_rider
I wish I could go back to 1979, I would buy this. I bought a 1980 GS750es instead. dopeslap.gif

Suzuki-GS1000S-1979.jpg

Pat

Ummmmmmmmm Chris K, you had better lock your garage for a while! eek.gifcrazy.gifdopeslap.gif

Shawn

lawnchairboy

OK OK so beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I bombed around georgia backroads on one of these in my youth...

1979kawakz750.jpg

was fond of this one, never had one though...

gpz.jpg

Shawn

Someone needs to tell Paulie he put the muffler on backwards.

lmao.gif

How can you tell? It's hard to tell the front from the back on that thing

Truly there is a thing here I do not understand, namely the omission of late 60s brit bikes, e.g., BSA Lightning and Triumph Bonneville; IMHO they achieved a unity of form and function

(oops, functionality of late 60s brit bikes is a stretch) similar to winchester 92, douglas dc3, and mg's a.

Wooster w/analog opinion

russell_bynum
Truly there is a thing here I do not understand, namely the omission of late 60s brit bikes, e.g., BSA Lightning and Triumph Bonneville; IMHO they achieved a unity of form and function

(oops, functionality of late 60s brit bikes is a stretch) similar to winchester 92, douglas dc3, and mg's a.

Wooster w/analog opinion

PICS man...PICS!!!!

I wish I could go back to 1979, I would buy this. I bought a 1980 GS750es instead. dopeslap.gif

Suzuki-GS1000S-1979.jpg

Pat

Ummmmmmmmm Chris K, you had better lock your garage for a while! eek.gifcrazy.gifdopeslap.gif

Shawn

I'll be adding a dead bolt this weekend! wink.gif

Russell, I'm sticking with my all time favorite. A 1997 Morbidelli prototype.

dscn1199.jpg

+1 And thanks for saving me the trouble of finding my pic of it. thumbsup.gif

brw.... in the top post, that 916 looks awfully dated now.

beemerman2k

Suzuki-GS1000S-1979.jpg

Pat

There was no bike I lusted after more than this one back in '79. I was a huge fan of the superbikes back then. I'd say my all time favorites were:

1) Honda CBX - C'mon, no explanation necessary

2) Suzuki GS1000 - any of 'em, except the "low slingers", but especially the one pictured above. Wasn't it the "Wes Cooley" special or something like that? Oh, in 1998, I bought a 1978 Suzuki GS1000 just to make up for lost time. Give me mine with a Vance & Hines exhaust system!

Anyone remember the TV commercial Suzuki used to run when the GS1000 first came out? The bike would be racing a KZ1000, and then the road would end. Both bikes hit the brakes, but because the Suzuki was lighter, the Kawie slid right into the lake! Of course, the GS was a KZ knock-off, but who cares?

3) Kawasaki's Z1 series with a Kerker exhaust system and a Lockhart oil cooler. Remember those?!

4) BMW's R bikes. I bought mine because for so long I lusted after the old air heads. I remember when the 1978 R100RT came out. Oh man! Terrible time to be a broke senior in high school!

Anyone remember the Yamaha XS1100? Not that I ever wanted one, but I did admire the power of the bike and the fact that it was shaft driven.

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

Re:XS 1100.. my riding partner had one of those for many years.. got the itch for a HD.. got an FXRS and then sold that and went for a Honda ST 1300. dopeslap.gif His biggest complaint about the ST is the heat coming up between his legs cooking things down there. lmao.giflurker.gif

Scott,

I have a pic of one of those modern Vincents, without the fairing.

Still one of the finest looking bikes in the world. I can't post the pic, but it's a beauty!! clap.gif

Bill_Walker

Wooster w/analog opinion

PICS man...PICS!!!!

I'm with Wooster (though I also love the 916):

Triumph%20Bonnie%201968_jpg.jpg

1962%20MGA%201600%20MK%20II.JPG

(Sorry for the oversized image. It didn't show that big on the source page, and it's the best pic I found).

Archived