IGNORED

What's on your license plate?

jbr7t

R BMR

Limited to 5 characters including spaces in Kansas.

The hope was that it could be read two ways - "Our" as in 'the two of us', Beemer". Or "R" as in it's an R-bike "Bemmer."

Don't know if anybody ever gets it or not!

BAGS_L_PLATE.jpg

Though this was on the old bike....I've since gotten a new one for the LT.....and instead of the "Permanent" tag on it, it's stamped "PERMANENT" all the way across the top of the plate now.

Pat

I had to give up the Oregon tag in my avatar, but I STILL have the Marin BMW license frame!

This spring I plan on trading the random NY numbers for UBRBYK. They can't do 6 letters with a single space like in Oregon. Thanks for the new spelling, Fernando. thumbsup.gif

Not a bike, but its still a BMW smirk.gif

m3.jpg

It is supposed to be read emphatic - but when I asked the cop why he pulled me over, he said because you are a MPH Addict dopeslap.gif

She really does. As soon as I roll the rig outside she runs in circles around it, waiting for me to cover the fender with a towel so she can climb in. If I stop anywhere, she barks at me until I get back on the road. In my town, she is a local celebrity, getting waves and thumbs up everywhere we go. The attached is her in her previous ride.

817516-MolyyBMWRT_com.JPG.18f433f1db94ead45168709fa01102f3.JPG

Knew a guy with BLULFNT on his /6. Folks laughed when they saw it. He meant "Blue Elefant", they read "Blue Left Nut"

Ambiguity, doncha love it? dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

"CFFPM" Coronado (or California) FireFighter/ParaMedic. wink.gif

(Just trying to keep this thread with more views than the "Please remove my account" troll . . . though it's getting close! lmao.gif )

• 3 months later...

If I manage to do this properly, at the end of this blog you will see the plate that is on my friend Peter's '00 R1100RT. First though you should see what led up to this vanity license plate.

It all began in May of '06 as we were returning from the The Hell's Canyon Motorcycle Rally in Baker City, Oregon.

A doe, a deer, a female deer steppd in front of the pristine Opal Blue RT which had been purchased the previous December with only 2,000 miles on it. Showroom condtion it was.

kif0712to5.jpg

The deer swung around and got some further revenge on the right pannier:

kif0713ac3.jpg

Here is the bike on the way home on my trailer. No significant damage other than tupperware and broken oil cooler.

kif0738eo8.jpg

Here is the plate:

kif1008ue3.jpg

wrestleantares
If I manage to do this properly, at the end of this blog you will see the plate that is on my friend Peter's '00 R1100RT. First though you should see what led up to this vanity license plate.

It all began in May of '06 as we were returning from the The Hell's Canyon Motorcycle Rally in Baker City, Oregon.

A doe, a deer, a female deer steppd in front of the pristine Opal Blue RT which had been purchased the previous December with only 2,000 miles on it. Showroom condtion it was.

Here is the plate:

kif1008ue3.jpg

Normally I don't believe in curses, but I believe your friend cursed himself with his choice of tag.

I wanted "NTRPY" but someone on Pennsylvania already had it. javascript:void(0)

frown.giffrown.gif

This past school year, one of my chem students suggested "NTRYI". Sure enough, it was available. javascript:void(0)

clap.gif It should arrive in a couple of weeks.

To fill in vowels, EntrOpy is the measure of DISorganization. One look at my desk and it all makes sense - to a science geek.

Normally I don't believe in curses, but I believe your friend cursed himself with his choice of tag.

At the time of the incident he just had a random standard plate. He got "DOE TAG" after the mishap.

Last Memorial Day weekend he earned a Saddle Sore and a Bun Burner on his restored RT. No sign of a curse that.

Mine says "OFNOA" which is (close enough) to the phonetic pronunciation for the Hebrew word for "motorcycle."

swr474.jpg

That's me crestin' what I believe is the highest continuous paved highway in the US - Trail Ridge in Colorado @ 12,183 feet!

GoGo Gadget
That's me crestin' what I believe is the highest continuous paved highway in the US - Trail Ridge in Colorado @ 12,183 feet!

The sign says 11,796ft. tongue.gif

Archived