IGNORED

How many miles per year?

GelStra

Miles ridden per year  

714 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(538 posts... suhweeet. lmao.gif)

+1 to that dude!! dopeslap.giflmao.gif

(1403 posts . . . suhweet. lmao.gif) That makes me nearly three times as smart as you!!!

Slackers, dullards and cretins all of ya!! lmao.gif
ShovelStrokeEd

Being a post whore, I'll jump in. I put in miles, sometimes for pleasure, sometimes to just get there, sometimes cause it is that or walk. I do the same when posting. If I feel I can contribute something to a thread, I'll post. If not, well, I ususally read it and move on. I enjoy motorcycling and I enjoy the camraderie here, counts have nothing whatever to do with it. Ditto the IB rides. I did an SS1000 to see if I could, I tried, and failed BTW, to do a cc50. I'll probably take another shot at that next spring. Why? Not for the certificate, although, in honesty, I would love to have one. Just for the personal satisfaction of doing it. I'm getting older and the long days are a little harder to do, I might not have very many more opportunities.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Some people just live to see their post counts go up. They respond to every post out there, and really have nothing other than "+1" or "dude, I gotta get one of those" to contribute. And yet, after a while, they some how build up credibility (to some) for the simple reason that they have a whole lotta posts.

(I'm not saying that Russell's posts are not 30x more valuable than anything I have to say - because they probably are. :P)

Don't count on it; I've seen a lot of "+1" posts from that guy. tongue.giflmao.gif

Don't count on it; I've seen a lot of "+1" posts from that guy. tongue.giflmao.gif

+1

lmao.gif

Y'know, this primitive DB software we're saddled with excludes "+1" when you try to search a user's posts for only that word (too short?). Otherwise, I bet we could've pared his post count down by a few hundred posts. Add to that count the ones where he's just arguing for argument's sake and we could probably pare down a few more! tongue.giflmao.gif
russell_bynum
Add to that count the ones where he's just arguing for argument's sake and we could probably pare down a few more! tongue.giflmao.gif

No you couldn't.

tongue.gif

I also ride because I like to find great roads to ride, this is eastern New Mexico, a really great M/C road.

If you look over your shoulder from this picture you will see mountains that still had a bit of snow in August! All only a quick 1300+ mile day ride from central Oklahoma. lmao.gif

Hey we have roads just like that, unfortantely for 3 hours in every direction. frown.gif Squint hard and you can see the mountains, this was after 4 1/12 hours.

110801172-M.jpg

and here's where we came from...

110801213-M.jpg

But thankfully we bought some property in BC and this will soon be my commute to town... clap.gif

110962651-M.jpg

Joe Frickin' Friday

+1

lmao.gif

Y'know, this primitive DB software we're saddled with excludes "+1" when you try to search a user's posts for only that word (too short?).

Oh, it gets 'em. But since every search term needs to be preceded with a "+", the exact characters you need to type into the search window are "++1" (do not type the quote marks). You get quite a few hits grin.gif but they also include posts where he's quoting somebody who has written "+1."

Hey we have roads just like that, unfortantely for 3 hours in every direction.

110801172-M.jpg

Yup, those are the areas where you can see your dog run away...for three straight days. lmao.gif

Too straight for my liking.

Add to that count the ones where he's just arguing for argument's sake and we could probably pare down a few more! tongue.giflmao.gif

No you couldn't.

tongue.gif

Take away the PC vs MAC threads and Russell would only have about 20 posts grin.gifwave.gif

Take away the PC vs MAC threads and Russell would only have about 20 posts

Um, CRASHING?!

OUCH!!! Right in the coinpurse!

+1! dopeslap.gif ( grin.gif )

Boy, you gotta have a thick skin to hang out here sometimes . . . and be able to laugh at yourself! tongue.gif

russell_bynum
and be able to laugh at yourself!

With all of you here doing such a good job at it?? Sheesh!

Hey, I figure, If you can't laugh at yourself, at least let other people laugh at you.

grin.gif

Hey, that's where I got some of my miles this year. Went through Alberta and thought I was back in Oklahoma. Kinda flat up there eh! eek.gif

Roads picked up in BC and further west on the way to, (don't tell the Texans) the biggest state up north, Alaska. clap.gif

Also, put on a few miles going to the "Torrey Gathering" where I met a bunch of you. Miles or no miles, I am going to continue doing what I like. Most of the time it includes racking up lots of miles because I like to ride. Even rode through some snow and slush to get to Torrey just because I hadn't been there before. What would a BMW Aventurer do if snow was between him and his destination? Pinch the seat with your cheeks and ride!!! dopeslap.gif

Even rode through some snow and slush to get to Torrey just because I hadn't been there before. What would a BMW Aventurer do if snow was between him and his destination? Pinch the seat with your cheeks and ride!!! dopeslap.gif

Uh, turn the heated seat on. thumbsup.gif

AdventurePoser

Hey, I figure, If you can't laugh at yourself, at least let other people laugh at you.

grin.gif

My life philosophy exactly! Thanks for summing it up, R!

Steve in So Cal

Archived