IGNORED

How Long have you Gone without a Ticket?

AdventurePoser

Well, since it seems a few tickets mentioned here were in cages, I'll mention mine (I haven't been riding long enough to get a ticket... yet). My last ticket was Sept 12, 2001 at roughly 2am. I was in Santa Barbara, CA and was SUPPOSED to fly home that day, but, well, obviously that wasn't possible.

So, I drove the rental car I had.

I was also supposed to stop in Vegas for the night. I just wanted to get home.

For some reason (I usually don't take it) I had my V1 with me. It did me no good.

There was a guy with his brights on behind me driving very erratically in central Utah. I'd speed up, he'd speed up, slow down, ditto. Finally, I just took off. The guy slowly disappeared. I then got back down to the speed limit. A few minutes later, the guy was back... albeit with slightly dimmer lights. Well, I sped up again.

As it turns out, it wasn't the same guy tailgating me. You can guess the rest.

Didn't seem right on that day of all days, but alas...

AdventurePoser
I don't think years is the proper measure. 20 years without a ticket would be of little note if you ride less then 10,000 miles a year.

My last paying ticket was about 100k ago in Kansas. But I think my stats shows I'm stopped about every 40k miles or so, but the last 3 stops have resulted in nothimg more then a verbal.

I agree...I rode a motorcycle in my young days...I was 17 in 1969. I rode for five years and gave it up when I got married at 23. No tickets during that time. I didn't ride again until 1998.

That was when I bought my first BMW, a black R1100RT. Since then I've ridden about 220,000 miles on motorcycles. Luckily, no tix yet!

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

• 9 months later...

February. The officer got me at 59 in a 35 and said he heard me accelerate while pulling out. He left it civil so school covered it.

The neat story was though was doing a Bun Burner Gold in '02. I was in NM and way ahead of schedule due to the 110 run on I-10 and decided I didn't want a ticket. It started raining after turning east on 40 at Alberqueque but I could see blue sky and sunshine in the distance and unconsciously rolled on the throttle. The NM State Boy asked if I knew why he pulled me over and I said "Yes Sir," and pointed up and then out at the blue sky. He came back from the squad car, handed me my license, said "Nice bike, watch the speed." I was stopped less than 3 minutes.

texasaggie97

I have never gotten a ticket on my bike. I hope to keep it that way. I have not had a speeding ticket in 3 years and who know before that ( My truck that is). I hope this conversation has not triggered bad Karma.

We need to have a follow forum to see who received tickets a month or two after this post. HAHA

My last one that stuck was on my SV1000s in heavy morning commuter traffic. I was doing 55 in a 45 just like everyone else, but the FHP officer worked his way through traffic to get to me. I deserved it just as much as everyone else, I guess. I got out of two in the last 6 months; first one the sheriff's deputy stepped out in front of me and my wife on the RT. He told me that I was doing 55 in a 40, but he was going to let me go because I wasn't on the kind of motorcycle they where looking for; Guys on sport bikes typically do 100 or more on that section of road. The other one was in my pickup truck doing 45 in a 35. My wife was yelling at me as the deputy walked up, I could see him laughing in my mirror. He came back a few minutes later and said "for your sake, please slow down." I concluded that he was married also. grin.gif My best one ever was getting two speeding tickets in two days from the same FHP officer on the same road doing the same speed both times. He said "didn't I just see you out here yesterday?" I replied "yes sir, you did." I waived while doing the speed limit the third day. smirk.gif

Phil,

Nope not me! Despite multiple attempts to break the land speed record I have failed miserably. Quite honestly, most of the time I cruise at 80 MPH. I just seem to find myself going a little quicker around you guys. Go figure!

Cheers!

dopeslap.gif

I am going to jinx myself now. Started riding at 9 years old.(I'm 50 now) I got a ticket for walking my motorcycle in the street at 16 years old after dirtbiking with a friend. That was the first and last ticket. I got a 34 year streak going right now. Lots of warnings but no paper.

1984. I was lucky I didn't get cited for DUI, just speeding, in a cage. My big brother gave me a referral to legal counsel. No conviction. tongue.gif Been lucky so far with the RT crazy.gif.

Got my first one in 33 years of (age legal) riding the day after I got my R11S. Saw the trooper a mile down the road and slowed down to 75 (in a 55). Thought that was about my initial speed. Damn 6th gear and rear exhaust. I had to thank the guy for bringing me to my senses. No points "failure to observe traffic appliance".

Just 4 weeks ago, first time for me on a motorcycle. I have been very lucky in the past, but not so in the cage,about 1 every 18 months. I think its time to seriously consider a V1

It was January 1st, 2005

Beautiful day, Sunshine and about 55 deg. the roads were dry and I let it rip !!!!!

I took the ticket with a smile grin.gif

Years without a ticket is meaningless, you could have a guy only ridden 25k miles in 30 years. The measuring stick should be MILES. I don't pay any attention to how many YEARS somebody has been riding. Steves number of 220k miles is a figure we can relate too. A lot of riding.

I've done 250k the last 6 years, but the first 150 I was peppered with tickets, but the last 80k or so I'm good. Been stopped 4-5 times but let go with verbals. Does that count? Or just counting paying tickets?

Are we counting everything or just on 2 wheels?

I probably jinxed myself bncry.gif

Years without a ticket is meaningless, you could have a guy only ridden 25k miles in 30 years. The measuring stick should be MILES. I don't pay any attention to how many YEARS somebody has been riding. Steves number of 220k miles is a figure we can relate too. A lot of riding.

I've done 250k the last 6 years, but the first 150 I was peppered with tickets, but the last 80k or so I'm good. Been stopped 4-5 times but let go with verbals. Does that count? Or just counting paying tickets?

Are we counting everything or just on 2 wheels?

I probably jinxed myself bncry.gif

That isn't very logical either. 100K in Nebraska or Alabama or Mississippi would be about the same as 10K in California if you counted the LEO's on the road. Some places are loaded with Officers and other places are just Andy and Barney working with Aunt Bee. lmao.giflmao.gif

That isn't very logical either. 100K in Nebraska or Alabama or Mississippi would be about the same as 10K in California if you counted the LEO's on the road. Some places are loaded with Officers and other places are just Andy and Barney working with Aunt Bee. lmao.giflmao.gif

+1

I rode over 1900 miles through Canada while returning from Alaska last year, and saw two leo's the entire time. In BC I passed one as we were each doing about 90 (mph) and later I shared a gas pump with a RCMP in Grand Cache. I saw three times as many in Montana alone.

I consider no tickets for 5400 miles a highlight of the trip. clap.gifgrin.gif

Richard

Well, how long has it been since you were cited for a moving violation? Are you one of the few who has never gotten a ticket?

Cheers,

1976 on my KZ 1000 LTD in the good state of Florida. Leo insisted I was traveling 130mph,

Just got one this weekend on Hwy 410 over Mt. Raineer however in the past month have had several kind conversations with the LEO's and walked away. My Karma ran out and deserved to be written. Hopefully will be another 40 years, have to build up the Karma bank again to continue to "ride it like I stole it."

I have yet to go 6 months without getting a ticket. In NJ, it's luck of the draw, not how you drive. The state is in serious debt and the predatory revenue gathering continues. Last ticket was for "obstructed view" in my car, because I had a satellite radio attached to the windshield with the suction cup mount. The cop told me to stick the suction cup on something else, not the windshield. I showed him the instructions which came with the device, showing the suction cup mounted out of the driver's line of sight on the windshield. He said the instructions were wrong and ticketed me anyway. dopeslap.gif So it goes.

-MKL

In almost 40 years of driving I have never gotten a speeding ticket. I ride 20 - 25,000 miles a year and drive about 15,000 more. No I don't ride slow, smile.gifbut I try to ride smart.

I did get a ticket back ib '89 for rolling a stop sign at 1 mph. frown.gif

Sure hope I can keep the streak going.

No sooner does this thread come back to life and I'm busted in my wife's Accord.

Offence-failure to wear seat belt, fine 10 dollars, no points.

How-I wear my seat belt, but my wife and I had just finished a nice Mexican meal and driving 3 blocks to get a soft serve cone from the DQ. The state trooper just happened to come behind while waiting out a traffic light. bncry.gif

What does this offence cost in NJ or the Hotel California?

No sooner does this thread come back to life and I'm busted in my wife's Accord.

Offence-failure to wear seat belt, fine 10 dollars, no points.

How-I wear my seat belt, but my wife and I had just finished a nice Mexican meal and driving 3 blocks to get a soft serve cone from the DQ. The state trooper just happened to come behind while waiting out a traffic light. bncry.gif

What does this offence cost in NJ or the Hotel California?

I think California is $100.00 each for every adult in the car. My sister got pulled over for a broken/missing rear view mirror in her car. LEO wrote her a fix-it ticket. He also wrote my brother up in the passenger seat for no seatbelt. The stop cost him $100.00 as a passenger. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Archived