IGNORED

How Long have you Gone without a Ticket?

AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser

Well, how long has it been since you were cited for a moving violation? Are you one of the few who has never gotten a ticket?

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

You know this is tempting fate. dopeslap.gif

Thirty five years for me. crazy.gif

dopeslap.gifon wood dopeslap.gifon wood dopeslap.gifon wood

wave.gifsalt over shoulder wave.gifsalt over shoulder

lmao.gif

I get a ticket about once every three years. And it has been three years since my last one. Guess I am do. However, the last time I got a ticket, I got two in the space of about 3 hours, in two different states. So maybe I will be good for another three years this time.

Well, how long has it been since you were cited for a moving violation? Are you one of the few who has never gotten a ticket?

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

Not long enough! tongue.gif I just assume never get one again, but like THAT will ever happen - lol. dopeslap.giflmao.gif

It depends on what you mean by that. I don't have a ticket on my record for over 20 years, but I've had to pay a lot of lawyers to keep it that way.

Whip

Hmmm...let me see...well to be honest too many to remember but none since I got my trusty Valentine1. That little beauty plus using my head has saved me so many times. In one weekend last year south of Lake Tahoe my V1 saved me no less than six times. All the passes but one were closed so guess where are the CHP and Sherriffs were?

Cheers!

Todd

I've had 2 in th epast 3 years. And it was a couple of years before that since I had a ticket.

I find that as I got older than the cops who stop me, and lately quite a bit older, I get more warnings.

My V1 goes with me everywhere. Doesn't save you every-time.

I got my licence in '69, and my first bike the following year. When I was young and foolish, I got a lot of tickets. Life-time count is about 45. frown.gif

6 days ago for me.

one block from my house, got nailed for a "california stop" on the way home at a 4way stopsign.. my neighbor the LEO went jogging by as she wrote me up.. he had a good laugh.

before that, 2 years ago for doing 52 in a 40... pfft

Last ticket was in 1990. First and only ticket in 28 years of motorcycling. Cop cut me a break and kindly called it "speeding".

hmm..., that sounds like a ride tale waiting...? do tell! thumbsup.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Three years ago in May. Record is clear now. I only ever get ticketed for speeding. The sock monkey has gotten me off with a warning 3x so far, the most recent back in June doing 80 in a 60 going through Houston. I was really open to lots of stuff as I was being very agressive about moving through traffic. BTW, Houston has some scary drivers on the freeways. Officer seemed to agree as he had been following me in his patrol car for about 4 miles. Told me to slow down and led me to where I could get a drink of water. It was 102 and I was in full gear.

Only started riding seriously five years ago. No tickets but I've been stopped six times. Every time for speed. Nothing but verbal warnings. Conditions have always been dry, clear, I'm riding alone and not more than 15 mph over limit. No hooning around, just a little fast. I've actually had two cops tell me (in so many words) they don't usually stop motorcyclists because they tend to hurt no one but themselves.

Ten years.

Follow-up question, "How often have you attended "Driver Improvement" class (one way out of tickets). For me, the number is three.

Wooster

At one time, I went about six years w/o a ticket. Then, I got one every 24 months. Then, I got two in two days, and another 13 months.

Of course, I drive about 60K a year and ride another 20K.

NEVER had an accident by the way. Yup, those speeding tickets are CLEARLY an indication of unsafe driving/riding practices and a propensity for accidents. dopeslap.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Usually only a few years between tickets. However, I don't exactly remember when my last one was, so that's good right? thumbsup.gif

'Bout a year ago. First in umpteen years. After having driven just about any go fast car you can think of w/o a hitch, I was driving a Cayenne Turbo S (or whatever it's called). Totally not used to turbo lag! Thing kicked in around 3K like a freight train and Glendora's finest motor tapped me on Glendora near the 210. 59 in a 40. I tried everything: "Hey, I ride a Beemer too. Hey, I get my bike serviced where you do. Not my car; it's the dealer's. Not used to turbo lag, etc." (Crickets chirping. Nothin'.) Didn't try crying like a school girl, though.

None on GelStra, tho. clap.gif

It has been almost 3 years now, last one was for speeding in town. Thankfully the LEO "could not recall the incident" in court....dismissed, thanks to a friend of a friend of a friend. The one before that was in 1999, speeding in a friends BMW in San Jose doing 105mph on the 605 FWY. Oops again, and the ticket did say 105mph. Ouch blush.gif Before that was I think around 3 tickets in a year or so. Needless to say I have paid out the kiester in insurance fees!! tongue.gif

First and only in 1972. I had never seen a tach before. Common sense should have prevailed because things seemed "so fast". Nailed going 42 in a 25 mph zone (first gear ooo.gif). I was grateful that the patrolman had not seen me in the "45 mph" zone a few streets before. It was a 1972 Camaro LT that a friend let me drive new; the one with the HUGE door. It had power windows, I couldn't figure out how to use them so I opened the door and it hit the LEO. I was barefoot (against the law in Florida at the time) to boot, so I parked the car and hoofed the 2 miles home with my ticket in hand. My "stupidity ticket", and I certainly deserved it. Nothing since then, but that doesn't mean I haven't deserved one.

The one before that was in 1999, speeding in a friends BMW in San Jose doing 105mph on the 605 FWY. Oops again, and the ticket did say 105mph.

We don't have a 605. laugh2.gif

Talked my way out of the last two: One on the bike, on the road and the other, in the car, in court.

The bike ticket was amusing. I was doing about 8 over the limit on my last ride of the season, on a quiet, wide state highway. I saw the trooper go past, then eventually, I saw him in my mirrors with his lights on.

His first words: "Well, thanks for stopping; you guys usually outrun me!" I laughed out loud and told him that wasn't my style. He claimed I was doing 15 over, and I shook my fist at my Guzzi's Italian electrics and shrugged at him. He laughed and sent me on my way with best wishes for a season-ending ride. thumbsup.gif

Let's see--It was 1969 in my new TR-6. Stopped by a NYC motorcycle cop doing 65 on the Throgs Neck Bridge. I did get one warning at a speed trap last year in Florida.

44 years old now, my last ticket was at age 17 - my only ticket by the way. I think it was 70mph in a 55 zone. You all remember that 55mph national speed limit don't you? I was driving my friends 1967 Mustang at the time.

Lets_Play_Two

"NEVER had an accident by the way. Yup, those speeding tickets are CLEARLY an indication of unsafe driving/riding practices and a propensity for accidents."

Same excuse I hear from alcoholics!!! But I've never had a DUI!!! YET!!! grin.gif

Boy, it must have been 20+ years since I got my last one. But I probably should have gotten one just this last Saturday for speed (just as the CHP cruiser was re-entering the freeway after finishing his previous citation writing). He never even looked twice at me though, and just went on by. I think that I had slowed to about 86 mph (by GPS) after having just passed a car. I guess that he didn't have his radar on at the moment.

Or maybe those little IAFF stickers my FF friends give me really do help...

HeaderR.jpg

Knockin' on wood, but I know that when I do get my next citation I will have deserved it.

Tom

Last ticket was 1973, 70 in a 65 from CHP.

You're in the CHP aren't you. Ever repay the favor?

:-)

M

I was 19 in 1973. I am a retired, CHP trained, "allied agency" motor cop.

3 years ago for doing 75 in a 65 on the 101. Ten years before that. The last one seems unfair. I was in Death Valley this weekend and all the way there and back I was loving the "speed"; 80 to 90 everywhere. I come back to L.A. on the 14 and then the 405 through the valley and I'm doing 80 and getting passed by everyone. And I get ticketed for 75? It's like a racetrack here.

Or maybe those little IAFF stickers my FF friends give me really do help...

HeaderR.jpg

Tom

Just ask Jamie (2bmwfan) how the little FF friends can help ya out!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif Uh, I think my memory isn't serving me today your honor!!!! So the LEO said!!!!

Sheesh! As for me, it has been a while (knocking on wood!!!!!!!!!!! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif) Those darn things won't go away for us commercial driver license types. Traffic school not allowed!!!

OK, my question would be this!!! Who has gotten that nice letter from the DMV asking you if you would like to retain your privelege of driving due to so many tickets in less than a year!?!?!? Oops!!! Two years running, I got that letter! smirk.gif

Finally, slowed down to Pasadena grandma speed. Right Whip??? Right Richard???? Right Todd????? Right Jamie (KMG_365)??????

Finally, slowed down to Pasadena grandma speed. Right Whip??? Right Richard???? Right Todd????? Right Jamie (KMG_365)??????
Right. It was VERY easy to catch up to you... after you had been stopped for a while. eek.gif

Have only had one ticket on a motorcycle. Was on 101 south of Salinas, speeding ticket. CHP was nice, he put me down for 75+. Was really doing around 100. That was in 1982. Quick!!! Knock on wood!!! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

On average, about 1 ticket every 2 years (although my last one was in August, which technically is 2 and counting for calendar year 2006). I've only had 1 conviction in 25 years of driving/riding, however (although a judge in the fine state of Idaho could, at this very moment, double that number).

AdventurePoser

Dog years...very funny! lmao.gif

I haven't received a ticket since 1969, so I am counting my blessings everytime I hop on the RT! However, I was cruising down US 101 near San Luis Obispo last year when a CHP officer pulled up next to me, got on his PA system and said, "Can I get you to contain your exubrance? Drop it down about 10 or so!

I didn't realize I was doing nearly 90 mph, as most of the scant traffic was flying as well...

Ride safe,

Steve in So Cal

I don't think years is the proper measure. 20 years without a ticket would be of little note if you ride less then 10,000 miles a year.

My last paying ticket was about 100k ago in Kansas. But I think my stats shows I'm stopped about every 40k miles or so, but the last 3 stops have resulted in nothimg more then a verbal.

Archived