IGNORED

El Paseo Count, Smokies, Nov 7-9

David

Hey, folks, I need to get a rough count on the people attending. The original announcement was here.

Ken has got all our rides together, and I just need to make dinner arrangements that night. It'll be similar to last time. My John Judge will be our chef. He did pretty good last time.

And don't forget to make hotel reservations (see earlier thread).

You coming?

You going to be there for dinner? How many of you?

Can't wait to see you all again. smile.gif

You coming?

You going to be there for dinner?

How many of you?

Yes, I'm coming, come he!! or high snow (again)! wink.gif

Yes, I'll be there for dindin!

Me + myself and I = just one!

And don't forget to make hotel reservations (see earlier thread).

Me? remember to make reservations? That would be SO not me. crazy.gif

I'll be there. All 1 of me. grin.gif

DAMN! I wish I could go, but a friend is getting married that weekend and my wife is in the wedding (rehersal on Friday...wedding on Saturday). That just stinks!

I'm going to try to make a trip to the Smokies before the weather turns cold.

You guys have a GREAT time!

David,

I will be bringing another firend as well. He has a new 1150R like Brynda's. He doesn't ride like her though. grin.gif

Steve

Steve,

I can't ride like Brynda either! I think her form is better than mine now. She told me the other day that she was backing off so I wouldn't feel preasured to ride faster tongue.gif

Steve,

I can't ride like Brynda either! I think her form is better than mine now. She told me the other day that she was backing off so I wouldn't feel preasured to ride faster tongue.gif

You gotta love a woman like that! Not only does she ride well, she makes you feel 2" tall when doing it. God bless america!!!! Way to go Brynda.

Steve

Well my friend, I have Miami vs. Tennessee tickets which I might not be able to use (depending on scheduling) since we have a family wedding that evening. Since they're both in Coral Gables, I might just have to get drunk at one and go to the other anyway.

But you almost had me at....

DAMN! I wish I could go

-Chad Hargis

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in for at least one day. (and dinner of course).

I'll be bringing bungie cords and duct tape for some special folks (they should know who they are)

Hi David, collar bone all healed up now and ready to finish that ride this time if we can keep Peter up on two wheels, just kidding Peter. I have reservations already and will be bring Gene Brock alone and we'll both be there for dinner also. The El Paseo ride back in April seems just like yesterday. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. smile.gifsmile.gif

Is there a group going this year? If so, which day? I missed out on that one last year. (If memory serves it was snowing at the time and the road was closed on me over the mountain)

P.S. Chad, if I see you headed the other direction, this time I'll turnaround and chase you. (Of course I'll probably have a brainfart and think "Wow, that really looked like Chad, blue stich and everything, but that's not a GS! Who is that guy?)

David,

I am looking forward to finally meeting some of the contributors to this great discussion board! Plan on arrivng early Friday morning. Please include me in on the dinner.

Do you have a rough count on how many have said they are coming so far?

I just talked with the manager. He had originally agreed to hold the rooms for us until today. To date we've snagged 24 rooms. I don't know how many people that translates into, with doubling up and other hotels, but we'll hold 10 more until noon EDT on Wednesday (two days from now). So if you are thinking about coming and don't have a room yet, snag one. You can always cancel later. 828/497-3118.

See you soon! smile.gif

Put me down as an IN.

And I might have 1-2 people joining me in addition to the usual suspects.

A bud with an ST1300 who bought the bike for stuff like this but never gets the chance now has a big fire lit under his ass to join me. He's starting to come up with a scheme that makes it work. Drew Anderson on his T595 has been contacted. We'll see where he is at that weekend as well.

A bud with an ST1300 who bought the bike for stuff like this but never gets the chance now has a big fire lit under his ass to join me.

Can I test his bike? I'm always careful. tongue.gif

I'll bet you could. But I've got first dibs, still haven't run into him at a time I could test ride it. I'm sure he would trade some seat time on the ST4s. smile.gif

Mr Zoom is in if I can get "Rusty" new tires and a little maint. work.

Who is leaving the Chicago area when, routes,small group ride???? Let's set something up.

MrZoom

02 RT "Rusty"

In if it doesn't snow!!

The warden will let me out with a 4 day pass.

Please excuse my ignorance but I assume the rides start on Friday from the Best western?

Dinner, sure got to eat somewhere. Oh, is it black boot???

Any idea of normal weather temps??? that time of year?

Thanks

MrZoom

02 RT "Rusty"

In if it doesn't snow!!

The warden will let me out with a 4 day pass.

Please excuse my ignorance but I assume the rides start on Friday from the Best western?

Dinner, sure got to eat somewhere. Oh, is it black boot???

Any idea of normal weather temps??? that time of year?

The rides will start Friday, around noon, from the Best Western. Dinner will be informal. Nothing planned. Then an all day ride Saturday and a planned dinner.

Temps should be 40-60 degrees.

We'll have fun! grin.gif

Temps should be 40-60 degrees. blush.gif

We'll have fun! grin.gif

smirk.gif

David, and that translates into how frickin cold with wind chill factor? wink.gif

Wouldn't miss it. cool.gif

Mr. Zoom, FWIW, my plan is to leave Thursday morning. Not sure if I'm going to stop part way to enjoy Friday morning refreshed, or just ride through. But it's likley I won't be keeping a "Zoomy" pace either way.

Here's who we have so far. I'm going to make reservations for about that number. Looking forward to seeing everybody! smile.gif

David Baker

Steve Hebert

J. R. Lunsford

Tasker Day

Mark (Vita Rara)

Mark Abbott (oldtime)

Mark Abbott's friend

Russ Daniels (Russ)

Rich Edwards

Dick Pruss

Gary

Ed Gray (EdCG)

Ed Gray's friend (?)

Larry Rudolph (LJR)

Woody Woodruff (Agent_Orange)

David Sprague (ex-hogwild)

Ron Barthelme (Ron B)

Mark Davis (madavis)

Christine Davis (HOON_tang)

Neil Hamiliton

Barry Knuth

Bill Jennings (Mr. Pou)

Steve Hebert's friend who doesn't ride like Brynda

Chris Kinney (Chris K)

Jerry Elliott

Randy Shields

JonBoy

John Trojan (johnt650)

Steve Knapp

Steve Knapp's bud with an ST1300

Steve Knapp's bud Drew Anderson (?)

Bill Krumpe (Boxer S)

Bill Krumpe's friend

Phil Fusion (itchbro)

Tom Koerner (TomK)

Dave Cantin (dcantin)

nivlac 29 (don't have a name)

Bob Smyth (Endobobdds)

J. D. and Kandy (both or just J. D.?)

David E. B. Smith

Rich Elarde (mrzoom)

Tim O'Donnell (tallman)

Matt S.

Bill Poche (Bill P)

Andy Raye

And...John Judge will do the same dinner for us as last time. Prime rib, baked potato, salad, drink, and desert. I can't remember what it cost last time, but I'll look it up. I guess this is all part of the "UnPlan" theme! smile.gif

Ken, can you have printed routes for us?

Schedule:

Friday, 1:00p: leave from Best Western parking lot for ride. Dinner on our own in smaller groups.

Saturday, 8:00a: leave from Best Western parking lot for ride. Dinner together at 6:30 in adjoining restaurant. Pay at the door.

Any questions? grin.gif

Archived