IGNORED

DART 2024 - Hotel Recommendations

steveknapp

steveknapp

All,

I thought I'd share a couple hotel recommendations for those who aren't camping. If you've not booked a room yet I'd suggest doing it sooner than later. 

I've always stayed at one of two places in PDC. This isn't to say there aren't other great options. These are just what I have experience with:

The AmericInnMy "go to" as it is across the parking lot from the amazing Jones' Black Angus. An easy walk from dinner or for a nightcap. AmericInn isn't fancy, but it is functional and clean. Plentiful parking for both bikes and trailer rigs. Free breakfast in the morning and a basket of towels for cleaning your moto. If you desire a better cuppa, "Joe 2 Go" is just across the street. 

The Waterfront: When another couple, Karen, and I visited PDC in convertibles (NOTGNOTT) we stayed here. It is newer and nicer than the AmericInn, albeit a bit more expensive. It is walking distance from the Mississippi river, St Feriole Island, and downtown PDC. A short drive from the Angus, but a short walk from the Blackhawk. The weekend we were there the hotel restaurant/bar was pretty crowded, probably a wedding. Hence parking was a bit limited until the bar closed. 

• Plus 1 1

T

On 6/3/2024 at 5:24 PM, steveknapp said:

All,

I thought I'd share a couple hotel recommendations for those who aren't camping. If you've not booked a room yet I'd suggest doing it sooner than later. 

I've always stayed at one of two places in PDC. This isn't to say there aren't other great options. These are just what I have experience with:

The AmericInnMy "go to" as it is across the parking lot from the amazing Jones' Black Angus. An easy walk from dinner or for a nightcap. AmericInn isn't fancy, but it is functional and clean. Plentiful parking for both bikes and trailer rigs. Free breakfast in the morning and a basket of towels for cleaning your moto. If you desire a better cuppa, "Joe 2 Go" is just across the street. 

The Waterfront: When another couple, Karen, and I visited PDC in convertibles (NOTGNOTT) we stayed here. It is newer and nicer than the AmericInn, albeit a bit more expensive. It is walking distance from the Mississippi river, St Feriole Island, and downtown PDC. A short drive from the Angus, but a short walk from the Blackhawk. The weekend we were there the hotel restaurant/bar was pretty crowded, probably a wedding. Hence parking was a bit limited until the bar closed. 

Thanks, Steve. I’ll toss in a couple of other possibilities:

First, if you’d like to be as close as possible to DART HQ, Captain’s Cove Motel is one mile away, literally at the bottom of the hill leading to Borah Borah (our place). It’s old school, but maintained to very high standards and rather inexpensive. The downside is that it’s rural, so you’d have to ride four or five miles to get to a restaurant. 

The River District Hotel is about as upscale as you can get in Prairie du Chien. It’s relatively pricey, but is located right in the downtown area, where you’ll have the option of walking to restaurants and shops. Folks who have stayed there tell me that they include a kick-ass breakfast. 

The Microtel is on Highway 18, which cuts through town. Fairly inexpensive, it’s an economical business and tourist-oriented location. No frills, but you’re a short ride (or possibly a walk) to a couple of restaurants. 

The Prairie du Chien Chamber of Commerce website lists a few more options. Just be aware of the fact that some of them are across the River in Iowa, so they’re not all that close. There are other options in town. Prairie du Chien is actually a pretty busy destination in the summer, visited by folks driving the Great River Road or just spending time for the fishing, boating and sightseeing possibilities, so I’d suggest making a reservation someplace if you’re not camping at DART HQ.

Looking forward to seeing you in July!

9Mary7

Stayed at Captains Cove last year and reserved for this event as well. Old school but a clean and squared away place.:thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I have a reservation at the Quality Inn for Thursday through Sunday.  Two queen beds if someone needs a bed.