IGNORED

Old guy question

Thomasj4412

I can certainly relate to feeling my age  . Those early GSs were pretty heavy . I've had mostly R series RT's   , but have recently changed to a LC GS   , its magnificent and never feels top heavy   . But the lure of dirt has been left behind as in my mind it's where I'm mostly likely to have a problem with the weight  . 

But it's far too good a road bike to be changing it for something else .

I'm thinking by the time this is too much for me  , it'll be time to stop . 

MichiganBob

It was tough to swap golf for off-road when I hit 65. But no regrets. I break easier these days and take longer to heal. Most concerned putting myself out of some good road trips by going on injured reserve. Can I be getting smarter, more fearful or both.

• Like 2

I'd say smarter:classic_biggrin:. You're WAY more likely to fall off-road than on-road. It's not a question IF you're going to fall, but WHEN, and how many times. A fall is more likely to be more dangerous on the streets, but at least we have much more control to avoid it, than on dirt. I don't do dirt, don't commute, and only ride on weekdays, and in good weather, so I try to stack the odds in my favor, since I like to ride the twisties spiritedly:classic_biggrin:.

• Like 1
  • Dennis Andress unfeatured this topic