IGNORED

Registration is Open!

MikeB60

On 5/3/2024 at 2:09 PM, brianh70 said:

We'll be there Sunday afternoon/evening.

Me, too. I have already worked out some possible routes for Monday.

• Like 2
Dave_in_TX
1 hour ago, Tron said:

Me, too. I have already worked out some possible routes for Monday.

I plan to be there Sunday evening also.

• Like 2

I am pretty sure I am out for the UN. Knee replacement surgery is scheduled for the 11th of June. I will still be in rehab :4331:

• Sad 5
MikeB60
1 hour ago, Foot said:

I am pretty sure I am out for the UN. Knee replacement surgery is scheduled for the 11th of June. I will still be in rehab :4331:

We will miss you. Heal quick!

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2
brianh70
2 hours ago, Foot said:

Bummer!  I think this will be the first BMW event I've attended where you won't be there.  Heal quick so we can see you at FART.

• Like 2
Dennis Andress

Registration sent! Planning on being there Sunday afternoon.

• Like 4
On 1/18/2024 at 8:54 PM, MikeB60 said:

Well, folks, I'm planning on coming! I had a hand in the first UnRally and this is a great chance to come back. The riding there was amazing. I'll not be bringing the big beast of an RV, but will be bringing the truck, towing the bike, and staying at the hotel.

• Like 8
Bluenoser
On 1/21/2024 at 10:09 AM, bluenoserswife said:

Registration and Paypal sent from Derrick and Susan (bluenoser and bluenoserswife).  We'll be coming in on Sunday the 7th and leaving Friday.  Thanks for organizing this!!

Susan @bluenoserswife and I have decided to cancel for this year. Unfortunately the temperature and humidity forecast are too high for us. 

• Sad 2
Motorhead1977

I and Amy will miss seeing you both but absolutely understand. Enjoy your visit to Troy NY for the bagpipe competition. It's just across the Hudson River from us

• Like 2
Boxflyer

Due to circumstances that have changed for me coming to Eureka Springs, I will NOT be attending the UN Rally this summer.

Ride safe and have a great summer!

Brad

• Sad 3
Twisties
21 minutes ago, Boxflyer said:

I will NOT be attending the UN Rally this summer.

Brad

Dang!  Had been thinking of trailering our bikes out for you to do your thing on.  Hope all is ok with you!  Are you still planning on being at FART?  

TSConver
2 hours ago, Boxflyer said:

Due to circumstances that have changed for me coming to Eureka Springs, I will NOT be attending the UN Rally this summer.

Brad

Well that is no good.  Hope everything is well.

I will have my Rabaconda with me if anyone needs to change a tire or repair a one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 10:22 AM, Boxflyer said:

That sucks.  Since you won't be there, I can't hold tools for you.  I will find another time to visit AR.

Cap

• Sad 2
Motorhead1977

Well, due to changes in my work and family obligations we're unable to make the UN this year. :mad: I'll be cancelling my reservation at the event hotel this afternoon and will post that here as soon as it's done. Bummer as we were really looking forward to it. See everyone at FART.

• Sad 2
Motorhead1977

Reservation at the event hotel has been cancelled. It was for a single King bed non smoking room from 7/7 to 7/11 (check out on 7/12.

BruinsFan

Therapy possibly slower than one might had hoped for? You doing good, making any strides towards knee dragging angles on the stationary GP bikes? Keep smiling boys. We're front and center of these golden years my parents always reminded me of but its looking like they may had been pulling my leg a wee bit. Ha! 

I'm still procrastinating as I'm so well know for. 

Motorhead1977

Recovery is ahead of schedule and I'm riding again, with reports that I'm faster than I was pre bypass graft surgery so it's all good. Since I'm still working full time those work obligations can affect my ability to schedule the fun stuff. BTW, I haven't dragged a knee in many long times, ever since I recognized my mortality :bike:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
TSConver

We may not be coming either.  Susan just got told she needs a knee replacement and we have to look at time off needed for that before her disability kicks at work.  Will know plans in the next few days.

• Sad 1
Skywagon

TS... I have no less than 5 knee surgeries over the years.....BEST ADVISE....The Dr. will likely have her up and walking some steps the same day.  Whatever they tell you to do in terms of exercising it....do it.  My last one was about 4-5 years ago.  They took out 80% of my meniscus in the right knee.  I was walking that night...no meds.... He advised me to walk 15 minutes every 2 hours...so I set an alarm and away I went. In two days I was walking 1-2 miles a day.  A good friend had a similar issue, just putzed around the house and it took 6 months to recover.

Best of luck on her knee.  The surgeries are so good now...she will be good before you know it.

• Like 3
TSConver
9 hours ago, Skywagon said:

TS... I have no less than 5 knee surgeries over the years.....BEST ADVISE....The Dr. will likely have her up and walking some steps the same day.  Whatever they tell you to do in terms of exercising it....do it.  My last one was about 4-5 years ago.  They took out 80% of my meniscus in the right knee.  I was walking that night...no meds.... He advised me to walk 15 minutes every 2 hours...so I set an alarm and away I went. In two days I was walking 1-2 miles a day.  A good friend had a similar issue, just putzed around the house and it took 6 months to recover.

Best of luck on her knee.  The surgeries are so good now...she will be good before you know it.

Yeah she has had multiple ones as well.  Mcl. Minicus. Etc

BerettaRacer

Late to the party, as usual, lol.

Just sent my reg form in.

With the bike having a breakdown on the way to START I was unsure if I could get it running in time. But, she seems to be back to normal, if not even a little better with a few tweaks to the works.

Fresh grease in the trailer bearings and bearing buddy's added.

Car is in the shop for service as we speak, both differentials oil change, and transmission oil change, plus a few small other unrelated jobs.

Works out well that my kid brothers house in Pensacola is just about halfway, so I'll leave here early, spend a few days over the 4th there and then head on up.

• Like 2
MikeB60
17 hours ago, BerettaRacer said:

Late to the party, as usual, lol.

Just sent my reg form in.

With the bike having a breakdown on the way to START I was unsure if I could get it running in time. But, she seems to be back to normal, if not even a little better with a few tweaks to the works.

Fresh grease in the trailer bearings and bearing buddy's added.

Car is in the shop for service as we speak, both differentials oil change, and transmission oil change, plus a few small other unrelated jobs.

Works out well that my kid brothers house in Pensacola is just about halfway, so I'll leave here early, spend a few days over the 4th there and then head on up.

Bill, Glad to see you can make it. The discount code is expired, you will need to contact the hotel at (479)253-9768. Let them know you are with the BMW Sport Touring group, they might still offer the discount. 

• Like 2
TSConver

Susan and I are out.  She is scheduled for surgery late summer and we need to rearrange vacations and the like to accommodate that.

• Sad 1
BerettaRacer
22 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Bill, Glad to see you can make it. The discount code is expired, you will need to contact the hotel at (479)253-9768. Let them know you are with the BMW Sport Touring group, they might still offer the discount. 

Hotel booked no problem.

I actually booked starting a day early, the 7th, but in actuallity may be arriving even earlier, the 6th, depending on weather etc, as it's one day from Pensacola where I'll be at my brothers for the 4th.

Motorcycle route guides say the 226mi trip from Hot Springs to Eureka Springs is real nice, so I'll plan on makiing that my entrance route.

• Like 1
Yeeha Stephen

Last minute decision.... Broke my leg in March. Last physical therapy was last Thursday and I got cleared for full weight and normal activities. 

I'm thinking of making the run up to ES for this UN.

I'm too late to sign up for meals, so is there anyone that has/had to cancel and will sell me your meal ticket?

If so can I still register this late?

Inquiring minds ya' know.

Stephen

(remember me? Miss Vicki and I volunteered for registration at the first Eureka Springs UN)

• Like 4
Bernie
1 hour ago, Yeeha Stephen said:

Last minute decision.... Broke my leg in March. Last physical therapy was last Thursday and I got cleared for full weight and normal activities. 

I'm thinking of making the run up to ES for this UN.

I'm too late to sign up for meals, so is there anyone that has/had to cancel and will sell me your meal ticket?

If so can I still register this late?

Inquiring minds ya' know.

Stephen

(remember me? Miss Vicki and I volunteered for registration at the first Eureka Springs UN)

@MikeB60 to the white courtesy phone. 

• Smile 1
Yeeha Stephen

Kitchen Pass approved!

Registration sent and Paypal sent. Room reservations made.

Thanks for making room for me. See ya' next week.

Stephen

• Like 3

Sadly, something has come up and I won't be able to make it, sorry.

You guys have fun!

• Sad 3
greiffster

I thought I was going to make time for the UN after our Nova Scotia trip.  But work has caught up with me. Bummer, I’m going to have to miss it.  Have a safe and fun UN, everyone. 

• Sad 2
MikeB60
48 minutes ago, greiffster said:

I thought I was going to make time for the UN after our Nova Scotia trip.  But work has caught up with me. Bummer, I’m going to have to miss it.  Have a safe and fun UN, everyone. 

That work thing sure gets in the way!

• Smile 1

Maybe all of us who can't attend dodged a bullet here, and those that do attend will get pretty wet.

The remnants of hurricane Beryl are forecasted to arrive in central AR early next week...

MikeB60
2 hours ago, Tron said:

Maybe all of us who can't attend dodged a bullet here, and those that do attend will get pretty wet.

The remnants of hurricane Beryl are forecasted to arrive in central AR early next week...

Looks like Monday may have some scattered storms and Tuesday will be wet. The rest of the week looks great! Nothing wrong with a ride to lunch in the rain, right @Bernie!

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1
Bernie
2 hours ago, Tron said:

Rain is a natural thing and is required to provide life. You can’t brew coffee, beer or moonshine without any water. 🤣

John Ranalletta
51 minutes ago, Bernie said:

Rain is a natural thing and is required to provide life. You can’t brew coffee, beer or moonshine without any water. 🤣

Some people enjoy the rain.  The others just get wet.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
taylor1

I still wish I could have made it. It would have given me a chance to see how my new Mutants would handle the wet.  Thanks Bernie !

MikeB60
54 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

I still wish I could have made it. It would have given me a chance to see how my new Mutants would handle the wet.  Thanks Bernie !

They are brilliant in the rain!

• Like 1
Dave_in_TX
2 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Some people enjoy the rain.  The others just get wet.

I usually have plenty of dry weather to ride in so I generally don't enjoy riding in it so I'm usually in the "get wet" category.

Bernie
2 hours ago, taylor1 said:

You can still make the event, come on!

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
Motorhead1977

Just saw the weather radar on the national news and ES looked to be close to the center of the storm path. Hopefully everyone battened down the hatches and nothing left unexpectedly. :14: Once past let the party continue! Reports of riding and such are greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

• Smile 1
BerettaRacer

Storm was pretty much a non-event.

Got in a good ride Monday and back before rain hit in afternoon.

Drizzle and rain all night.

Already clearing for a good afternoon ride on Tues.

• Like 6
  • Plus 1 2
  • Indy Dave unfeatured this topic