IGNORED

Garmin revised units

rounder jim

5 minutes ago, brorke said:

Hey Ed!......Apparently these guys figured it out. All positive feedback from what I have read - https://www.gps-station.net/en/repair-bmw-motorrad-navigator-6/

Yes ... that is what I had heard and why one of my "would like to know" items was WHO and WHERE are the repairs being done.   I've heard that Garmin is not doing the fix and that they were "waiting for the units to be returned from BMW" ?????  Either way I am hoping the units being sent out now are finally fixed.   As you stated earlier it is a mystery why the Nav4 and 5 (and XT) work so well and the 6's do not.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bernie said:

I am not sure about that. The replacement unit has a BMW part number and I am certain that means it is available somewhere.

The problem is that the dealers rather have you buy a cradle for your phone and this removes the companies about the GPS from the list of problems with the bikes, that they can't fix or repair.

2024-01-1212_16_05.thumb.jpg.783046e1b42996037b127753af638f08.jpg

I asked my dealer and they said only Nav VI's they can get are what they have in the store.  They are no longer available from the warehouse and the only thing they can get is either the Connectedride Cradle or the Connectedride Navigator.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, brorke said:

Hey Ed!......Apparently these guys figured it out. All positive feedback from what I have read - https://www.gps-station.net/en/repair-bmw-motorrad-navigator-6/

Probably just the digitizer that's screwing up.  GMCs and Chebby's have the same issue where there is ghost touching.  I replaced my wifes touch screen cause it went wonky, took less than 30 minutes for that.  I went with the whole screen vice just swapping out the digitizer as the cost was only about $50 difference in digitizer and whole screen.

With her truck, a 2018 bought new, it still had the protective covering on the screen.  It started going wonky, so I pulled the covering off.  Screen was stabilized for a few weeks and then went wonky again, so I went ahead and ordered a replacement from Amazon.

Don't know if I'd venture to take apart the Garmin to replace as I don't think I'd get the waterproofing correct putting it back together.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Well.  After five weeks of waiting, I finally received my new Nav VI.  Here's hoping for a long trouble free relationship.  

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...
Rockosmith

Does anyone besides me have issues with the touch screen on the newest generation of Nav VIs?  I received my first one a few weeks ago and it was very clear from the moment I turned it on that it was defective.  Sent it back to Garmin and received a replacement after a couple more weeks.  While this one navigates well, it is maddening to try to type on the touch screen. Sometimes it responds to touch and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it senses a touch with your finger 1/4” above the screen. It puts in double letters with a single touch. Another call to Garmin is in my near future!

• Sad 1
31 minutes ago, Rockosmith said:

Does anyone besides me have issues with the touch screen on the newest generation of Nav VIs?  I received my first one a few weeks ago and it was very clear from the moment I turned it on that it was defective.  Sent it back to Garmin and received a replacement after a couple more weeks.  While this one navigates well, it is maddening to try to type on the touch screen. Sometimes it responds to touch and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it senses a touch with your finger 1/4” above the screen. It puts in double letters with a single touch. Another call to Garmin is in my near future!

yes ... from what I have read that is the reactive (or some word like that) touch screen.   It is the same as on the Zumo XT.   What i find works best is when I have my gloves on and they are just regular gloves with no special touch screen pad.   But from all I have read that is how it is designed to work.   It made me crazy at first too and is more funny with bare fingers. 

• Like 1