IGNORED

Back to Eureka Springs! Best Western Inn of the Ozarks, Un Rally 2024, 8-12 July

MikeB60

HotelEntrance.thumb.jpg.353de39da32a95118c2859d2947fad1e.jpg

DyAnne and I cordially invite y'all to join us for some great riding and friendship in Eureka Springs, AR. Breaking tradition in that the 2024 Un should have been east of the Mississippi but we would rather think of this as the Un in the Middle! The Ozarks have some great riding opportunities and other activities as well.  The hotel, here is a link, has been great to work with and will be a great venue for the Un. Stay tuned for details!

The hotel contact info and discount code will follow in a new thread!

Hotel photos...

room.thumb.jpg.5ca9e2d6fce5d2f7969b99d39bd1a66b.jpg

bfast.thumb.jpg.41e8b838c3d9c9cf3444eac55a70d9cb.jpg

deck.jpg

pool.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Indy Dave pinned and featured this topic

Mike and DyAane, what a great location, and a great hotel. @BMW_Ken and I Just happened to stay at that hotel 3 years ago, and it is an ideal place for the UnRally. Great amenities, great location. It's an all-in-one place.

Woo hoo!!

• Like 2
John Ranalletta

In².  Thank you. 

Ready to help where needed.  Likely, we'll be staying with friends in Kimberling City, MO the prior weekend; so we'll be close by.

• Like 4
bluenoserswife

Looks like an excellent spot!  Should we be booking rooms now (assuming Bluenoser and I are coming) or will there be a code to use?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, bluenoserswife said:

Looks like an excellent spot!  Should we be booking rooms now (assuming Bluenoser and I are coming) or will there be a code to use?

There will be a code and more specific details forthcoming. Hopefully y'all can make it!

• Like 3
bluenoserswife
7 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

There will be a code and more specific details forthcoming. Hopefully y'all can make it!

Thanks Mike, I don't think it will take too much to convince Derrick.  LOL  

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
8 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

IN. Is there an air conditioned way there?

Riding back from a ride out west several years ago, we would pull out at 2-3am in order to "waltz across Texas" a bit more comfortable.........see ya at UN!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Calvin (no socks) said:

In and I don't have to cross Texas this time

Rub it in....I only have to do 320 miles in Texas before I hit the OK border.  Average temp in July is 96..  Should be down to about 94 when I enter OK.....a regular cold front.  Strangely I am still looking forward to my first Un.  Now where did I store that cooling vest...

July 2023 saw a total of 25 days above 100°. As of July 31, 24 of those were in a row, the second-longest streak ever. Camp Mabry, Austin's official weather reporting site, was at or above 105° for 11 days in a row between July 10 and 20, making it the longest stretch of 105° temperatures ever recorded.

Dennis Andress
54 minutes ago, Bernie said:

Well I guess the UnRally will be a

summer time event. Isn’t every year?

Years ago most of us had kids...

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

IN as well,

This area is my old "stomping ground" when I lived in Memphis.

I'll work out with Mike about what I can do, but I plan on bringing my maintenance trailer with the normal services available.  Will probably be there for the entire week.

Brad

• Like 12

ok, so I am arriving Saturday July 6th around 6pm local time

Ride 

Sunday - Friday

head home Saturday July 13

so 6 days of riding/sight seeing
so far I have two days routes created.

and these items to visit:

Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Railway
Crescent Motel - supposed to be a Haunted motel :-)

Intrigue Theater  (the "mind reading seems hokey, but might go for the magic)

Onyx Cave

Please if there is some event/location/destination you highly recommend, please PM it to me so I can add it to my UnRally plan/itinerary.

• Like 2
On 12/6/2023 at 7:16 AM, Skywagon said:

25 days above 100°

Is there any reason to have these events (in hot and humid places) at the hottest time of the year?  I, personally, would prefer to ride in these areas closer to Spring or Fall.

• Plus 1 3
54 minutes ago, Ken S said:

Is there any reason to have these events (in hot and humid places) at the hottest time of the year?  I, personally, would prefer to ride in these areas closer to Spring or Fall.

Welp... No. The UN dates and locations vary from year to year. Try as the volunteer organizers do, the dates and locations never work out for everyone.

And while it's not a thankless job, it can sure seem like it.

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Smile 1

Looks to me like the Wx for July in Eureka Springs will be perfect....sans maybe some occasional rain.  I can't organize a lunch for my family.  Putting on one of these is a monumental task.  

image.png.68052be0a609bc2a40204e71b7def672.png

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Looks to me like the Wx for July in Eureka Springs will be perfect....sans maybe some occasional rain.  I can't organize a lunch for my family.  Putting on one of these is a monumental task.  

image.png.68052be0a609bc2a40204e71b7def672.png

I can just about promise it’ll be 95°+ with 75-80% humidity in July. We do sometimes have brief respites but it can be brutal. 

12 hours ago, Ken S said:

We do have events each spring and fall in the Appalachian’s, only a little further east than the Ozarks. They are called START and FART and you would be very welcome to join us for those events. 

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Rinkydink said:

I can just about promise it’ll be 95°+ with 75-80% humidity in July. We do sometimes have brief respites but it can be brutal. 

I stayed at this motel back in June this year and there ac units in the room worked great. 

You just have to use the summer riding plan and go for a early ride in the morning, grab breakfast somewhere around 9-10 AM and try to be back at the motel for socializing by 12-1 PM, before it gets to hot for you.:18:

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

As this person noted, try organizing an event for 60-80 people.  And remember some board members are teachers, so any event after August 10 is a no go.  Many members have a family, so again anything before June 1 or After August 10 is out.  Some of us are in the finance industry, so basically the last 2 days of the month and the first 5 days of the month are out.  Also keep in mind that some members do not want rain, so make sure it is he dry season, other members want it cooler AND no rain, so good luck with that.  And other members (I am guilty of this) are just not there for the riding, but also has some cool sightseeing.  

For 15 years I ran a very large Volleyball club.  Unless you have real experience putting together events for groups over 50 people, it is hard to understand the complexity of the organization process.

however I do understand, you live in the area, so you have a life time of REAL experience of Arkansas July weather.  For me, I will take the heat over lots of rain.  But that is also why I trailer to the Un's and like to have other sightseeing options.  Most every UN there is one rain day, maybe not a whole day, but One day, and usually I use that to do sightseeing.  And I usually need a break anyway, ride 3 days, a light day on day 4, then ride 2 days then drive home.  So I always pray, if there is a rain day, make it day 3 or 4 :-)

• Like 2

As for weather forecast and conditions of pavements in any area, it is a crap shoot at the best.

Many years ago my wife and I decided to attend the BMW-MOA Rally in Vermont in July. 

We had all the promises of cool and comfortable weather due to the location. As we arrived in Vermont, so did the heat front from the south. Vermont had multiple days of 100+ degrees, with huge thunderstorms almost every day.

It was just like riding in Florida during the summer. Maybe even worse, since the AC units in the B&B didn’t exist and the ones in the motel didn’t work.

But the roads and scenery where great.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
Motorhead1977

Hmmmm, it's only 1,319 miles of interstate each way for me...... what could possibly be an issue. :90:

Since Amy is heat/humidity challenged and it's her drive it to work truck does the tow hauling duty it'd be all on the RS so it's in the slim possibility category. (She is most definitely NOT a fan of driving my Alfa Romeo to her work) Shouldn't have sold off the Goldwing :dopeslap: Some creativity seems to be in order.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm over 1325 mi each way too. My present tow vehicle may not have the capacity for that, am contemplating a tow upgrade vs the bike upgrade I had thought about.

Decisions, decisions, LOL.

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
5 hours ago, Motorhead1977 said:

... driving my Alfa Romeo.....

Would she follow you to Eureka Springs...