IGNORED

'19 1250 RT key FOB warning light, battery. (yeah, again)

wbw6cos

On 4/13/2024 at 7:08 PM, JCtx said:

On my 2020, I only have a few seconds after turning ignition off to open the tank, which I always do immediately after shutting bike off. If you want to open it later, you have to cycle the ignition again. Maybe newer models got away with that slight inconvenience, and allow to open the gas tank at any time when the key is around, which is the correct logic IMO. By the way, the key antenna is under the seat, so not sure why that guy put it next to the tank. You just need it in your pocket, or the vicinity of the bike.

On my 2019 RT, I have a minute after shutting engine off. After that if FOB is close, flip the release up & down twice and it will open

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1

Yeah, 1 minute sounds about right. Hey, I didn't know about that flip-up/down-twice trick; thank you. I haven't had any issues with that system; hope it stays that way after warranty (over in Oct).

1 hour ago, JCtx said:

Yeah, 1 minute sounds about right. Hey, I didn't know about that flip-up/down-twice trick; thank you. I haven't had any issues with that system; hope it stays that way after warranty (over in Oct).

No problem..

(2) things I have read that helps....Keep that little locking pin clean and slightly lubricated (as well as the locking latch on the cap). And when closing, lift the tab, push down and release tab....Don't just push the cap shut.

Apparently helps reduce wear & tear on the mechanism

• Like 2
KDeline
On 4/12/2024 at 2:24 PM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

For anyone having trouble getting their fuel filler lid to unlock during a fuel stop because of central lock issues (including key fob woes), this trick might save you from having to get your bike towed:

He's showing how to do maintenance on the lock mechanism, but the video shows that by removing just two screws, you can open the fuel filler lid. 

O.K. is it me or did he completely skip the cleaning process. I think I know what he did. Wasn't that to point of making the video??????

wbw6cos

Yeah Ken, all he did was talk about cleaning it with his manly size of WD40 instead of his travel size because he was in his mancave!   :grin: