IGNORED

Spring 2024 May 17-19

Twisties

We're booked at the Chuckwagon for the 16th-19th.  I'm happy to say that there is a discount for a three night booking, and no extra fee for the 72 hour cancellation policy this time around.  Last time I tried to book it was $229/nt for a cancelable reservation, and this time it worked out $126/nt.  Much better, thank you!  It will be good to be back at the CW!

• 1 month later...

I booked also for the 16th-19th, looking forward to it.  Getting to and from Torrey with the Vegas Electric Carnival going on  that weekend will be a pain.

20 hours ago, don v said:

I booked also for the 16th-19th, looking forward to it.  Getting to and from Torrey with the Vegas Electric Carnival going on  that weekend will be a pain.

Got stuck in that mess heading home last Spring.  Never doing that again.

8 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

What’s your way around?

Since I take two days going home anyways.  Two options are #1 south thru Monument Valley via Moki Dugway to Flagstaff or Williams AZ for the night Then I 40 West to 15 South.  Other option which is similar miles is west out of Cedar City on multiple US highways to Benton CA on US 6 then south to US 395.  Not very exciting, but neither is the I15 south from Mesquite the rest of the way home.  Either route adds hours, but is worth it to avoid the worst traffic I've seen in Vegas from what's advertised as "the largest electronic dance music festival in North America."  Not to mention half those drivers are high or drunk coming from the event as it ends at 5:30 in the morning.  No thanks.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Twisties

Six weeks out now.  Can we start getting excited?  

We got in our first ride of the season today.  70ish and sunny.  Bikes ran great.  Now I'm ready for Torrey!

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
Fasterpill

I just picked up an 05 R1200GS and plan on going. First time back to Torrey since 06-ish.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
beemerboy

Izzit too late to register for Fall Torrey '24?

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
5 hours ago, beemerboy said:

Izzit too late to register for Fall Torrey '24?

Register?  The Chuckwagon probably has a few rooms available…

beemerboy

Thanks, Dennis. By "register" I meant room availability.

• Plus 1 1
Twisties
12 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Register?  The Chuckwagon probably has a few rooms available…

Fall should be September 27th and 28th, FWIW.  

If the CW doesn't have availability or is too pricey, we have stayed across the street at the cabins, or down the street at Motel Torrey.  

• Thanks 1