IGNORED

Dates for Fall Torrey '24?

Groanup

Groanup

I don't want to seem impatient.

I am planning a multi day (week) ride to see my Brother on Vancouver Island in September, and I'd like to make Fall Torrey part of that trip if possible.

A lot of moving pieces right now. 

Tanks!

BrianT

It's the weekend of September 19-22 this year.  Normally it's on the last full weekend of Sept, but for some reason the guy who works at the Chuckwagon signed us all up for the third weekend instead.  We'll have to remind him for next year to get it on the right weekend.

Hope to see you there!

• Like 1
Groanup

Actually, that may work out better for me.

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Groanup

I just got off the phone with the Chuckwagon. 

I am In and booked for Sept 19 (Thurs) to 22.

The only rooms available at this time are the ones reserved for our group, so make sure you mention BMWST.

One ground floor room left (single). the rest are cabins and 2nd floor. The young lady did not say how many are left.

Just a "heads-up".

The Chuckwagon - (435) 425-3335

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 6/15/2024 at 8:33 AM, Tank said:

So , life is looking up... Chuckwagon has a room for me

We're looking forward to seeing Mr Tank. Hopefully, Sue will be on board...  !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Bob Palin

This Fall Torrey marks the 20th anniversary of y'all leaving me behind in Torrey that time, so I'm having a party at my house on Saturday 21st, everybody is invited whether you were there then or are a total newbie.

18th September 2004

image.thumb.jpeg.db940cbfe91a4b0505328cd29d570fa8.jpeg

torhouseBMWparty620040918.thumb.jpg.c5814140fc6d4ef48388dce533c5eaed.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.40a98fb73aa7e9d335e174cabcb6595d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4ea9fefce1fe90f698b4c574d6fb465e.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
Bill_Walker

My first one was May 2005, but I recognize a bunch of the people in those photos.  For once, my wife doesn't have us a booked on a conflicting trip.  Count me in.  Booked at the CW!

• Like 4
Calvin  (no socks)

I have made many a trip to Torrey over the last 18 years. I will once again be representing the East Coast faction for the 20 year festivities. 

• Like 4
Twisties

Sharon and I are in at the CW.  Was thinking of going to the east coast event this time, but with the change in dates we can actually do both.  

Dennis Andress

I'm following Groanup at least most of the way. Surprisingly that includes Torrey.

• Like 1
Les is more

Jamie and I will be in the cage but will be bunking at Bob's place so that we can see old friends and make some new ones.
Looking forward to being there again!!

• Like 8
  • Smile 1
Twisties
18 hours ago, Les is more said:

Jamie and I will be in the cage but will be bunking at Bob's place so that we can see old friends and make some new ones.
Looking forward to being there again!!

Sweet!

Bernie
On 5/27/2024 at 12:48 AM, BrianT said:

It's the weekend of September 19-22 this year.  Normally it's on the last full weekend of Sept, but for some reason the guy who works at the Chuckwagon signed us all up for the third weekend instead.  We'll have to remind him for next year to get it on the right weekend.

Hope to see you there!

You guys should add Torrey to the Event Calendar.

It may help some folks with planning.

It is easy and free.

:18:

Dennis Andress

Next thing you'll be wanting us to add GPS routes and a dinner...

• Haha 1
hunter41

A new guy here who was thinking about joining in, but the dates are bad this year.  So no go for me.  But, I thought I'd share I am a little in the dark as what to expect.  My first thought was it was probably a GS only kind of meetup...plenty of unpaved roads around Torrey.  I researched prior years pics and realized not just GS's so probably paved road rides, but most content seems to be of the travels to and from Torrey and not much about the days of Torrey.  Are there rides, or more just sitting around the CW drinking imported beer talking about the good ol' days or something?  I like meeting new people and I like to ride, so I may join in in the spring, but knowing just a little more...:grin:

Stirling

Brant Herbert

Yeah, ok! :). A (tentative) IN for me!

• Like 2
BrianT
On 7/1/2024 at 6:52 PM, hunter41 said:

A new guy here who was thinking about joining in, but the dates are bad this year.  So no go for me.  But, I thought I'd share I am a little in the dark as what to expect.  My first thought was it was probably a GS only kind of meetup...plenty of unpaved roads around Torrey.  I researched prior years pics and realized not just GS's so probably paved road rides, but most content seems to be of the travels to and from Torrey and not much about the days of Torrey.  Are there rides, or more just sitting around the CW drinking imported beer talking about the good ol' days or something?  I like meeting new people and I like to ride, so I may join in in the spring, but knowing just a little more...:grin:

Stirling

Most of the riders attending do street.  Some of the routes are like a free track day, other than keeping an eye out for deer, cows, goats, horseback cowboys and whatever else wanders onto the road.  There's fantastic roads and scenery in every direction from the Chuckwagon.  There are some sights on the dirt roads, but I've done little of it.  Most people ride by day and socialize by afternoon or night back at the Chuckwagon.  Good roads, good scenery and good people.  Definitely give it a try when you get time.

hunter41
9 hours ago, BrianT said:

Most of the riders attending do street.  Some of the routes are like a free track day, other than keeping an eye out for deer, cows, goats, horseback cowboys and whatever else wanders onto the road.  There's fantastic roads and scenery in every direction from the Chuckwagon.  There are some sights on the dirt roads, but I've done little of it.  Most people ride by day and socialize by afternoon or night back at the Chuckwagon.  Good roads, good scenery and good people.  Definitely give it a try when you get time.

Sounds great, thanks!  I love the area.  I spent the night in Torrey a couple years ago on my way to another forum ride/gathering.  Hwy 12 and Capitol Reef are spectacular. Hopefully in Spring!

• Like 1
Berkley

We booked a cabin at the Chuckwagon. They’ve got one more cabin, the queen over the store, plus the room behind the store with no AC. 

We’re bringing the teens! 

• Like 2
Twisties
5 hours ago, Berkley said:

We booked a cabin at the Chuckwagon. They’ve got one more cabin, the queen over the store, plus the room behind the store with no AC. 

We’re bringing the teens! 

Sweet!!!!  Haven't seen you guys in forever!

• 3 weeks later...

I have reservations at the CW but attending is still up in the air.   Hopefully I'll find out today what is going on with my lower back along with a treatment.