IGNORED

Tenere & Tuareg LOOK OUT!

TEWKS

BMW just took aim at your sales department! I haven’t read or watched any real world reviews on the F 900 GS yet but, they built what appears to be a very worthy competitor! :yes: More of almost everything but with that, the price will be more too, I’m sure. The real trick will be keeping the price close enough to the Tuareg to sway buyers. Personally, as much as I’d love this bike, my preferred riding style has been in the “traveling enduro” arena. So, the wait continues. :dontknow: 

Edit… Yep, so many people are going to describe this bike as a “Traveling Enduro” and I would have too, twenty years ago. :spittake:

They wanted to make sure the first one made it here safely. :spittake:

edit
with the bike put together

Yeah, he was a tinkerer and got bored on the journey over. :D

• Smile 1

Advertised at 482 pounds and 105 HP. I’m not sure if that’s with fuel. Looks like it’s not going to be easy to mount panniers with that exhaust can untucked as it is. :dontknow:

Comes in Hi Viz. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c3d657c12ddf71d25bc6fad2c4d32aaa.jpeg

Edit… The 105 HP is with fuel. :spittake:

9 minutes ago, duckhawk64 said:

What do you think? Will it top the Tuareg's  $12k price  by 2-3 grand for a base model, or more?

Then, start adding all the options....

My guess is it’s going to come in at a grand more than the Tuareg. So yeah, add a luggage and pannier racks, you’re at 14K. 

Something unrelated but related. I’m starting to think that the headlight on this bike is the one hidden under the tape on the New R 1300 GS being shown on the 28th of this month. Not a terrible thing IMO. :dontknow:

Yeah it does look like they just started unbolting stuff off the rear of the bike. I get what they were going after but here’s the problem with that IMO.

This isn’t a full on enduro bike, it’s still big, still heavy for any single track stuff. It’s a lightweight Adventure touring bike that now, you have to buy and bolt on the stuff to make it capable of touring. :dontknow:

The market seems to be ok with that strategy though, the two competitors I mentioned in the title seem to be flying out of the dealerships. 

2 hours ago, Hosstage said:

There is no perfect motorcycle.

Though my ape-hangered loud piped bobbed Harley is close.....

It's even got panniers. We call them bags and they actually look good. Almost like they were designed that way, not an afterthought that looks like a couple suitcases from the closet that were bolted on.

Don't make me come and do burnouts in front of your house. 

• Haha 1