IGNORED

Yellow vs. White lights

joeb

Like to get your feedback. My GS has the PIAA halogen driving lights ,white which I keep on along with the regular headlight.  Cars still don't see me and on a few occasions pull out in front of me. Fortunately I've anticipated in enough time to launch my on board rockets and clear a path. However, with the price of rockets exploding, I'm looking for a better way,  and that brings me to my question about lighting . While driving around I notice some use yellow lenses on the aux lights and to my eye they seem to attract my attention more than the white lights. 

Anyone here have an opinion on that ?

Glad you asked.  There is already a thread on this very subject. .  

I use yellow covers on my Darlas, which are fork mounted, low.  Coupled with OEM white LED lights, which are a little higher, I get noticed.  Sometimes that doesn't work in my favor as cagers see me and pull out anyway.  Oh  yeah, run the stop sign but don't speed!  :ohboy:

Happy hunting!

If your concern is that cars don’t see you, I personally would recommend you consider using a headlight modulator. Don’t know if you are in the USA or Canada where they are legal. Some folks don’t like them, consider them annoying when they have to look at them. I use it on all my bikes. They are extremely effective getting other drivers attention.

Does anyone make lenses for the fog lamps that come on new R1250RT?  After reading this and the other threads, I think I'd like to add yellow/amber lenses to my R1250RT.

Thanks in advance, 

Steve

Bill Murray

I'm not so sure the yellow makes you more visible but it does make you stand out.  Having the triangle (head light, lower accessory lights) make you seen and helps the other drivers know your closing speed to them.  (I hope I'm making sense).   I think it's great when the tail gunner has yellow accessory lights, makes it much easier to know all the ducks are in line :18: