IGNORED

Swing arm paint color, 2007

DR  Major

John Ranalletta
11 minutes ago, DR Major said:

2007 GSA swing arm paint color?  Preferably aftermarket.  Might repaint.

If you have it off, cleaned up and ready, consider powder coat if budget allows.  

12 hours ago, DR Major said:

2007 GSA swing arm paint color?  Preferably aftermarket.  Might repaint.

Morning David

I don't have an exact match for an aftermarket color for you but a guy in my riding group repainted his swingarm a couple of years ago  & it looked fairly decent.  

He found a silver "wheel paint" at an auto parts store that was a close match when dry. Wheel paint is typically not real shinny or real flat but has that semi-gloss but somewhat shinny look. 

If you haven't removed your swing arm yet then you might try a few test patches using auto store silver wheel paint. Test in inconspicuous  places on your swing arm to find something that looks close. Or just test on a piece of metal then see if it matches.

I found that many of the "silver" pieces on my '06 RT were called white aluminum (code 954), a metallic matte, used on the swing arm, valve covers, and luggage rack. After buying exact match paint from ColorRite, I found that it was indistinguishable from generic rattle can aluminum paint from the hardware store, at a tenth of the price. 

• 4 weeks later...