IGNORED

My Clutch is Slipping??

Randyjaco

4 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

This is the opposite of my experience with shift assist pro.  The downshift function is brilliant when setting up for a corner. I've never experienced an issue with my 2016 or 2019 GS when downshifting using the shift assist. I'm typically on the hard on the brakes and high in the rpms in this scenario. I've spoken with others who use shift assist in the same type of riding who also share my thoughts. 

Same, absolutely no prolems with downshifting on my 2019 RT. The only issue with the quick shifter is low rpm/low throttle from 1-2, and a little bit 2-3. No issue if you are accelerating decently.

Seems a case of YRMV.  I’ve had it work as advertised on my 2015, but several other times not so much. I may give it another try as I lost faith after a few times not shifting at the moment I asked it to.

On 3/5/2023 at 11:41 AM, Audi403 said:

I'm surprised you made it 17,000 miles using car oil before it showed symptoms. Hopefully the correct oil sorts you out and you haven't caused any damage. 🤞

The problem it it did show symptoms!

The car oil was used for about 10K miles; for about a year. Just to set the record straight. ;)

The car oil was right next to the MC oil. I noticed that it was the right weight and didn't notice that it wasn't MC oil at the time. It worked fine until I did the next oil change with the same oil. After that change I started noticing the slippage after about 100 miles.