IGNORED

Harley down nearly nine thousand in sales for 2022 for the US

fourteenfour

On 2/6/2023 at 12:01 PM, Hosstage said:

The Harley abs is not as good as the BMW system (at least on my '12, maybe newer years are better). Harley uses the wheel bearing as the indicator wheel as opposed the external and larger wheel used by BMW (form over function you know, can't have some ugly indicator wheel on my chrome wheels!). The smaller bearing/wheel does not take in the info as well and does not respond as quickly, often causing no braking if approaching a bumpy intersection, or even one bump activates it and it does not begin braking once on smooth surface. Requires a release and re-apply the brakes to activate the brakes. Quite unnerving. I have one bike with abs and one without. The one without is at least consistent.

The abs is nice when it works as it should. Scares hell out of me when it doesn't.

One more trait of the HD ABS system that is inferior (and understand, I really like my Harleys). When the system fails, the brake handle or foot peddle go hard rather than a soft handle, can't be squeezed, no braking at all, leading to some exciting heart pounding moments. The fix was to mandate a fluid change and abs unit activation with a digital tool every two years. It was found that the fluid gets stagnant and crystalizes in the abs unit. Even so, the service is no guarantee of long term operation.

Most abs units fail to regular braking with no abs. The Harley unit fails to a no brake condition.

Not sure how the NHTA has not mandated a recall. So dangerous. 

But they still look good rolling uncontrolled thru the intersection!

Maybe this will help bring a few into the cruiser market. Buell has a long history of bike innovation, this one is pretty unique. 175 horsepower, 450 pounds.

Not Harley related at all, but certainly directly influenced by, or rather going straight after, the Harley market. The bike Harley should have built.

I want one!

https://www.advrider.com/heres-the-new-buell-supercruiser-with-175-horsepower/

• Like 1