IGNORED

New poll: When are you arriving/leaving Gunnison? Where are you staying?

PhillyFlash

Where will you be staying?  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PhillyFlash

I was wondering when everyone planned to arrive in Gunnison, so here is a simple poll. I've also added a second question to get an easy estimate of where people will be staying.

Have cabin at KOA for Tue, Wed and Thur.

Leaving here Thursday. Staying with my son and family in Denver till Sun morning. Hope to meet some BMW riders at Morrison for breakfast and a ride on Saturday.

Going to Aspen with them on Sunday and riding to Gunnison on Tuesday.

Return to Aspen on Friday. Back to Denver on Sat. Leave Denver Mon or Tue. Back home Tue or Wed.

It's all good. clap.gifclap.gif

Bud,

Our local Colorado Beemers Club meets every Saturday morning at 8a. P.M. and I'll forward along the information. I won't be able to join you as I'll be river rafting that Saturday clap.gifclap.gif but they're be plenty others there.

Regards,

Mike O

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

KOA for me. Leaving Seattle on June 10, arriving Arvada, CO on the 12th. Leaving for Gunny on the 19th (Monday). I figure I'll arrive, setup and go for a ride! grin.gif

Staying thru the 23rd (my Sister's birthday) leaving Gunny on the 24th thru Utah, Nevada, Oregon and home again. clap.gif

sIRrODNEY & hANNAbONE will be riding from Des Moan to Denver on Friday the 16th...stay overnight with friends..then head to Durango, Cotex, ...oops - make that Cortez, and Montrose for day trips on Sat - Monday including Delores Canyon and other thrilling rides..then we will be arriving early afternoon on Tuesday at the KOA in Gunn'y...will be heading out on Friday morning...

Cannot Wait.!! thumbsup.gif

Bud,

Our local Colorado Beemers Club meets every Saturday morning at 8a. P.M. and I'll forward along the information. I won't be able to join you as I'll be river rafting that Saturday clap.gifclap.gif but they're be plenty others there.

Regards,

Mike O

Thanks Mike. I have been lurking on the CO Beemer site for over a year and am looking forward to meeting some of the members.

Bud

Leslie and I are leaving Dry Town Sunday morning the 11th and arriving at the Gunnison KOA on Monday afternoon the 19th. We're spending a few days with Leslie's brother in Fayetteville, AR since it's on our way . . . . eek.gif

. . . well I never WAS any good at Geography! dopeslap.gif

We're staying at my sister's place in Tucson on the way out, then hitting KOA kabins in Silver Springs, NM (future UnRally scouting trip? wink.gif ) and Amarillo, TX. If you see two R1150RT's with amber motolights down low moving at a brisk pace, be sure to wave--unless you're riding your "other" bike, of course! dopeslap.gifgrin.gif

Hey, Leslie can't be out ridin' her scooter, she's gotta stay home and tend this website! What the heck is she thinking????

grin.giftongue.gifthumbsup.gif

Thanks, Les! See ya there! Oh yeah, Jamie too!

Doug

Team Schnauzer is scheduled to depart Fort Collins on Monday and arrive at the KOA on Monday afternoon. Not sure yet if I'll be riding or towing on the way down. We're staying thru Friday morning, then off to Ridgway State Park for a few days, then back north to Stagecoach SRA for a couple of nights before returning to HQ. Can't wait. I really need this.

Paul Mihalka
We're spending a few days with Leslie's brother in Fayetteville, AR since it's on our way . . . . eek.gif

. . . well I never WAS any good at Geography! dopeslap.gif

Good plan. You remember the great roads from the Eureka Springs Un. Just watch out using your GPS. You might end up in Fayetteville GA, or one of the many other Fayettevilles grin.gif
KOA for me. Leaving Seattle on June 10, arriving Arvada, CO on the 12th. Leaving for Gunny on the 19th (Monday). I figure I'll arrive, setup and go for a ride! grin.gif

Staying thru the 23rd (my Sister's birthday) leaving Gunny on the 24th thru Utah, Nevada, Oregon and home again. clap.gif

Hey Dog Dancer,

If you are going to be in Arvada on the weekend, why don't you come on down to Morrison for breakfast with the Colorado Beemers and then a ride. thumbsup.gif

BTW I was in Arvada last week. It's my home town. Lot has changed in the last 39 years!

KOA for me. Leaving Des Moines sometime, I've got the campground booked from Monday-Friday. Either will head back to Des Moines when I'm done or roll on west to the Seattle area, depending.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Hey Dog Dancer,
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

If you are going to be in Arvada on the weekend, why don't you come on down to Morrison for breakfast with the Colorado Beemers and then a ride. thumbsup.gif

That's a good idea! I'll have to see you then! I grew up in the Applewood community of Golden and went to Wheatridge HS and UNC in Greeley. smile.gif

Sat the 17th. I'm there! thumbsup.gif

I grew up in the Applewood community of Golden and went to Wheatridge HS and UNC in Greeley. smile.gif

[hijack]Uh oh. I went to Campbell Elementary, Oberon Jr. High, and Arvada West before a detour to North Carolina that ultimately brought be to CSU and then DU Law. Small world, ain't it? Applejack is still the most impressive liquor store I've ever been in. grin.gif[/hijack]

Leaving Oregon the 17th for ColoRADo. I haven't made a single plan how to get there and until the 26th i have no idea which route I'll take home. Just gonna give the RT its head and enjoy the ride. Lands sake, but I am excited.

I grew up in the Applewood community of Golden and went to Wheatridge HS and UNC in Greeley. smile.gif

[hijack]Uh oh. I went to Campbell Elementary, Oberon Jr. High, and Arvada West before a detour to North Carolina that ultimately brought be to CSU and then DU Law. Small world, ain't it? Applejack is still the most impressive liquor store I've ever been in. grin.gif[/hijack]

To continue the hijack. I went to Arvada High because West wasn't even around in 1964! grin.gifgrin.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday

On an extremely tight schedule. we pick up the 'Wing in Denver on Wednesday morning, 9AM. We'll get to Gunny in time for dinner, hoping to meet as many folks as possible at/after dinner. Thursday morning we gotta head out: the 'Wing is supposed to be back in Denver by 3 PM. Would dearly love to stay longer, but c'est la vie. Keep your eyes open for Joe and Mrs. Frickin'. cool.gif

On an extremely tight schedule. we pick up the 'Wing in Denver on Wednesday morning, 9AM. We'll get to Gunny in time for dinner, hoping to meet as many folks as possible at/after dinner. Thursday morning we gotta head out: the 'Wing is supposed to be back in Denver by 3 PM. Would dearly love to stay longer, but c'est la vie. Keep your eyes open for Joe and Mrs. Frickin'. cool.gif

Glad you found some wheels...! Look forward to meeting you. You'll make it to Gunny and back the next day with time to spare.

Regards,

Mike O

Joe Frickin' Friday
...200 miles in 10 hours.....you gonna push it or pull it????

confused.gifeek.gifdopeslap.gif

Cute. smirk.gif It's a Goldwing, and my wife will be with me. Which means this ride will be more "tour" than "sport:" I want to make sure she enjoys the trip, too. smile.gif There will be scenic detours and plenty of stops, and if we get to Gunny ridiculously early, heck, maybe we'll take a run up 92 or something. Just gonna play it by ear...'Wing it, you might say... smirk.gif

Cute. smirk.gif It's a Goldwing, and my wife will be with me. Which means this ride will be more "tour" than "sport:" I want to make sure she enjoys the trip, too. smile.gif There will be scenic detours and plenty of stops, and if we get to Gunny ridiculously early, heck, maybe we'll take a run up 92 or something. Just gonna play it by ear... 'Wing it, you might say ... smirk.gif

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Cute. smirk.gif It's a Goldwing, and my wife will be with me. Which means this ride will be more "tour" than "sport:" I want to make sure she enjoys the trip, too. smile.gif There will be scenic detours and plenty of stops, and if we get to Gunny ridiculously early, heck, maybe we'll take a run up 92 or something. Just gonna play it by ear...'Wing it, you might say... smirk.gif

I know(from an earlier post of your) but I couldn't resist....I've been hangin out with FlyinGreg who thinks anything less than 1000 miles a day is sight seeing....

I look forward to meeting ya at Gunny...a lot of my family still spends time in Ann Arbor.

Whip

Mitch,

When I saw your UNRally registration that said, "Honda GL800" I figured you were just yanking our chain. Now I find out it's TRUE!?!

WUWT? Guess I missed a story somewhere!

steveknapp

I want to make sure she enjoys the trip, too.

See how it goes. Make sure her biggest memory is the fun she had, not pulling her gear on/off 500 times as you stopped every 10' so she could stretch.

I've gone back and forth on attending and my wife helped me make my final decision. Guess I've been hanging around the house too much, so she wants me to go. Oh, man I love that woman!

You know...she seemed really happy that I was going... eek.gif...it must be the love for me, right? grin.gif

Anyway, I am going to do an SS on the way up on Sunday and should arrive at the KOA around 8. I'll definitely need a shower and a cold one when I arrive.

I want to make sure she enjoys the trip, too.

See how it goes. Make sure her biggest memory is the fun she had, not pulling her gear on/off 500 times as you stopped every 10' so she could stretch.

Funny, though...

Barb and I usually don't stop at times while on the scoot just because we have had enough of the gear-on...gear-off for the day. When in the cage, we get lots more photos.

Oh, BTW, we are getting in Monday mid-day (if the CANBus, and ESA, and rear drive, and...let me smirk.gif). This is after a Sunday stay with some of our old Minnesota friends (ex-GL riders along w/ me) who are now in Colorado Springs.

Gary Peterson is riding with as well.

Barb and I are roughing it at the HIEx, Gary at the KOA.

Lone_RT_rider
You know...she seemed really happy that I was going... eek.gif...it must be the love for me, right? grin.gif

Either that, or the mail dude hasn't spent near enough time in your recliner lately..... *evil grin*

Have fun Greg! Wish I could be there....I will be here at.....er.....work!...yah...that's it ...work! grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Shawn

Calvin, Bone, can't wait to break bread with y'all.

Shawn, I'll make it a point to hoist one in your name....er, maybe two.

Howard, I'll be ceegar shopping next week...shopping the budget section of course thumbsup.gif.

PhillyFlash
Howard, I'll be ceegar shopping next week...shopping the budget section of course thumbsup.gif.

Don't worry, bro. I've got a fine $2.00 ceegar that's been in my glove box for two years now that I've been saving for ya. I didn't bother to take it out, cause I knew I'd run into you sometime. grin.gif

Bring it and I'll smoke it down to a stub. crazy.gif I may need a few gulps of 18 year old firewater for motivation, but I'll smoke it!

Sneaked in wave.gif

Arriving Tuesday afternoon/evening

Staying at Best Western Tomichi which looks close.

Leaving Friday morning, need to be back home that Monday.

No superadventure™ this year, but good to get out.

PhillyFlash

Well, folks, with 58 votes in (I know that are more of you out there), we are dead even - 29 will be camping, 29 in motels. Most of us will be getting there by Monday, but almost half won't arrive until Tuesday or later.

So now it's time for the next poll, when are you leaving Gunnison:

I'll be leaving Gunnison at first light on Friday and wouldn't mind some company on the way out if you are heading my way. Triple digit temps are forecasted for west Texas later this week (what else is new?), so I'll be leaving in the wee hours on the way up to Gunny to avoid the worst of the heat, but will be in it most of the day on the way home...ugh! crazy.gif I think I'll be leaving the stitch at home.

Got to work Friday... dopeslap.gif

SO, Saturday at the crack of dawn it is! On to visit family overnight in Clarksville, TN. Sunday will (if all goes as planned) end in Amarillo, TX. Then a leisurely drive to Gunnison on Monday thumbsup.gif. Should be there in time for dinner if I don’t sleep too late on Monday morning (or don’t make Amarillo).

I’m nervous and excited all at the same time... can’t wait to see you guys (I must be sick! eek.gif). And Richard, I’ve got my mini-balls… smirk.gif

Arizona Al will be at the KOA and avaialble to take care of any hearing problems by appointment---Arriving on Monday and departing on Thursday.

See you all there!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I will be leaving Friday morring. but a bud just told me he will be staying in a big conndo at Breckenridge. He said that I can have the floor, if I like! clap.gif So I may have to play one more day before heading North. thumbsup.gif

Arriving Monday - Leaving Wednesday frown.gif - Have to work on Friday. Same schedule for RussellW

Staying at the Water Wheel - Never could get though to HIE (HQ)

Archived