IGNORED

SECFF October 2022 Lunch Gathering

After FART 2022 is over, it is time to kick off the Winter SECFF Lunch gatherings.

This year we will start meeting again in October. Bring along anyone you like to ride and/or have lunch with.

Terry (@terryofperry) and I are planning for us to try a new (to us) restaurant on October 22, 2022 at 11:30 AM EST.

Please reply with a head count, if you decide to join us.

Farmhouse Cafe 

103 Nora Blvd

Adrian, GA 31002

478-668-3775

Farmhouse Cafe

Edited by Bernie
Bad link
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, wbw6cos said:

Me too.  Looking for some advice on tread wear.   :rofl:

Maybe a tire thread on the board may be informative.  :whistle:

William, after seeing the pictures of your rear tire after FART22, I can tell you that you have done the BBR members proud.

I think you have used up all available tire thread.

As for advice, (it is all in the right wrist) on tire wear for a WetHead/ShiftCam RT! If you get over 5-6K miles you are doing good.

• Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1

HA.  Bernie, the funny thing is:  that tire was new before START and included the UnRally and finally, FART.  I need to change it before the lunch because I might not have enough tread to return home.  :grin:

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

HA.  Bernie, the funny thing is:  that tire was new before START and included the UnRally and finally, FART.  I need to change it before the lunch because I might not have enough tread to return home.  :grin:

How many miles did you get out of that tire? And Bernie, you beat me to the throttle comment. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5,909 miles. On Michelin Road 6 GT.  I got approximately 6,500 on the prior Road 5 GT's, but with only 2 ART'S and no UnRally in between on that tire.   I can go ahead and blame Craig for this one.  :yes::bike:

I got 7,300 mile on the Metzeler tire that was on the bike when it came from the factory and we all know they have a little less tread than one sold at the retail level.    

I have Z8's coming, so we shall see.

• Smile 1
12 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

5,909 miles. On Michelin Road 6 GT.  I got approximately 6,500 on the prior Road 5 GT's, but with only 2 ART'S and no UnRally in between on that tire.   I can go ahead and blame Craig for this one.  :yes::bike:

Ummmmm.... I've been getting 3500 to 4000 out of a Pilot Road 4 GT.  :4907:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, wbw6cos said:

I got 7,300 mile on the Metzeler tire that was on the bike when it came from the factory and we all know they have a little less tread than one sold at the retail level.    

I have Z8's coming, so we shall see.

Your tire history is a normal for the newer RT’s. The first tires always last longer, as you and the bike are trying to get used to each other.

As you are merging better with the bike, the tire wear increases, the fuel mileage decreases, the average speed increases, the fun factor is increasing and the chance of a speed award also increases. :3:

But you did okay if you got 3 events out of a set of tires, I normally have to change tires after each event. But you could blame Chris and Craig. :4322:

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: I called the restaurant, Farmhouse Cafe last Friday. I wanted to give them a little warning and verify that they will/should be open.

They are expecting us and would like me to call them with a approximate head count a few days before.

Also they have a buffet (yeah Terry!) and you can also order off the menu. :18:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wbw6cos said:

Still in!

Thanks for asking.

Did you find some tires? Or a roll of duct tape? Or maybe you are riding your R1200C?

Nice Bump, @Lone_RT_rider

Thanks @MikeB60, I updated the list. 
Running out of fingers, time to use my toes. 

• Haha 1

All new Metzeler tires installed a few weeks ago. 

Yesterday,   I had to put a plug in after I loosened a screw that did not belong.    :facepalm:

20221009_131118.thumb.jpg.f931edb5af5ab14e0fe3665f4d257126.jpg

See you soon!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, randy said:

I so want to attend, but it is 4 hours one way, and I am not that patient a rider.  count me maybe for now

It is up to you to make it as interesting or boring as you like. Take some time and study the maps between your home and Adrian. Then select roads to explore the area. That is the idea for these lunch events.

Or join Lowndes and William for their ride, I understand it is always very entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/10/2022 at 1:04 PM, wbw6cos said:

Yesterday,   I had to put a plug in after I loosened a screw that did not belong.    :facepalm:

See you soon!

I had to plug a tire about a month ago,...too much tread to dump it, Stop and Go plug is holding just fine.

• Like 3
On 10/10/2022 at 1:04 PM, wbw6cos said:

See you soon!

So, why did you loosen it??  There's still plenty of miles left on that screw.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Lowndes said:

The Farmhouse kinda reminds me of Maggie's in Comer:

image.thumb.png.66a4cb2533e88f3a2ac50d9826667226.png

image.thumb.png.3c5a2fe6c1aa8bf240f76ee36a080345.png

I hope it is as good as Maggie's Cafe, or maybe better.

1 hour ago, MikeB60 said:

DyAnne and I are out. I'm sitting on a plane enroute to Fort Drum NY

Sorry to hear. I hope you have a good trip.

Maybe you can make the November SECFF Lunch.

We will try to post pictures of what you missed. :19:

• Like 2
Lone_RT_rider
5 minutes ago, Bernie said:

Thanks Chris, I have updated the list. Try to avoid some of the red clay roads. :3:

There will be one less person at lunch if they find those kids of roads. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

There will be one less person at lunch if they find those kids of roads. 

Just follow the detour and meet Chris on the other end of the road. 

Have a great ride on Saturday and I see you guys for lunch.

On 10/15/2022 at 9:44 AM, Lowndes said:

The Farmhouse kinda reminds me of Maggie's in Comer:

image.thumb.png.66a4cb2533e88f3a2ac50d9826667226.png

image.thumb.png.3c5a2fe6c1aa8bf240f76ee36a080345.png

Painful reminder….. after a wonderful chicken salad sandwich at Maggie’s I got a $150 train crossing violation leaving Comer. The officer got caught by said train so he called a buddy in the neighboring reciprocal county who stopped us 15 minutes later 20 miles south of Comer. 

I will be in NC on the 22nd and can’t make lunch. 

• Sad 1