IGNORED

AF-XIED 2001 R1100R - Running Issue After Startup

Eleven

King Herald
13 hours ago, Eleven said:

King Herald,

You mentioned the idle pot recommended setting was (maybe) 620 ohms in your most recent response in this thread. Was that something that was in your owners manual since the idle pot was stock on your bike? That is close to the setting I found to be the best for my bike which is 524. 

I think I found the info in one of numerous threads I read in this very forum actually, while researching CCPs.

21 hours ago, jacksdad63 said:

I've just made a connector as above, will see what happens next! I cannot get the idle below 1500 rpm, and as you ay the idle poy only seems to change the idle above 4.00V, and its worse...back it down below that and it doesn't do anything I can detect, even removing it doesn't change things.

The throttles are perfect at 3000rpm, and still balanced at idle but at 1500...

How are you measuring voltage at the idle pot? I connected my meter across it while it was off the bike, measured resistance across it. 

Is think the high idle is something mechanical, maybe your brass screws need a 1/4 turn in? 

Something I noticed when I fitted uprated injectors was the idle rose to about 1400rpm once the bike warmed up. The guy who sells the injectors says he has never heard of such a thing, but he advertises more fuel, better spray pattern, higher efficiency etc... so higher rpm for a given throttle opening sounds logical. 

On 6/1/2023 at 8:07 AM, jacksdad63 said:

I've just made a connector as above, will see what happens next! I cannot get the idle below 1500 rpm, and as you ay the idle poy only seems to change the idle above 4.00V, and its worse...back it down below that and it doesn't do anything I can detect, even removing it doesn't change things.

The throttles are perfect at 3000rpm, and still balanced at idle but at 1500...

Morning jacksdad63

If you made the connection's shown above (that is the pink CCP)  that will deactivate the Idle trim pot (Idle control Valve) so it should have no effect on the idle either above or below 4.00 volts. With the pink CCP it is looking for an o2 sensor input to control fueling. 

The 1100 Ma 2.2 will run OK on the pink CCP with no o2 sensor but you have no control of the idle fueling mixture, with the pink CCP it will run on the o2 sensor/Cat open loop mapping & that is set by default to protect the Cat so it has some lean areas to protect the Cat. 

You also need to remove the #5 fuse for a few minutes (20 minutes is a safe time to remove it) then reinstall fuse #5  as you need to get the Motronic to reset the CCP choice (CCP input) & clear the adaptive fueling off-sets.