IGNORED

R1250 Cam Timing and Valve Clearance Check Series on YouTube

Boxflyer

I finally took the time to finish editing the series of YouTube Videos on the R1250 ShiftHead Cam Timing and Valve Clearance Checks.

It starts with an overview of the tools I use for this service, then breaks down LH and RH sides with separate videos covering Cam Timing and Valve Clearance Checks.

I sell several tools that are used, namely the TDC Locking Pin, Cam Chain Tensioner, and Engine Turning Bar.

PM me for details and a price list. 

Please...this post is not about selling tools, so refrain from questions here.

As of now, I'm not selling the Cam Alignment Jigs...but that will change in about a month.

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions.

Please let me know via PM if you want to come to one of the 2 scheduled WetHead/ShiftHead Tech Days scheduled for 7/23 in Akron, OH and 7/24 in Indianapolis.

Akron and Indy area Boxflyer WetHead/ShiftHead Tech Days

R1250 Cam Timing and Valve Clearance Tool Overview

R1250 LH Cam Timing Part 1 of 4

R1250 LH Valve Clearance Service Part 2 of 4

R1250 RH Cam Timing Part 3 of 4

R1250 RH Valve Clearance Check Part 4 of 4

Ride Safely and enjoy the rest of the summer riding!

Boxflyer

R1200RTW%20DIY%20CAM%20TIMING%20TOOLS-M.

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 2

Nice work Boxflyer. I have the BMW tools for the wet head and have used them to set cam timing for a number of friends. 

I’ll be moving back to a RT later this year - a 1250 version. It looks like all but the cam alignment tool will carry over to the 1250.  Will you confirm if my assumption is accurate? 

Just went back and watched the required tools section - yes, l will need to purchase a new set of alignment tools. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e869465dbf60c7de04af9946dbdb1319.jpeg

@Limecreek Yes, it's in the video about the tools, but in short, you need a new set of ShiftHead specific Cam Alignment Jigs and a new Spacer Collar for the Cam Chain Tensioner.

At the top of the pic, you see a narrow silver ring and a blue ring...the narrow silver one is the 1200 size and the blue one is for the 1250.

I make duplicates of the blue one.  

PM me and I'll send you one.

764CD848-144F-435B-838D-B9B8A71C8E0D_1_2

The next tool that you need is the ShiftHead Cam Alignment Jig...either the OEM version (as shown in the middle of these 4) or the DIY version that is in work ( the outer 2)

11D7C281-F9DD-4F37-9F07-1B41924DAFC0_1_1

• Like 1
Yeeha Stephen

Are you going to have your version of these tools for sale?

Can't find a OEM part # for the big jig pair.

I need them all.

SS

• 5 months later...

Boxflyer - thanks for putting together the videos - straight forward and easy to follow (even for an old Jarhead!)!  

Sending you pm on tool acquisition.  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, jetengine said:

I am also interested in buying a set of jigs/pins/tools to do a 2021 1250 gs. I don't know what a PM is. Do you have an email?

Just click on his avatar and select message, as in Private Message.  It will be a message board similar to this one, but only private.

• Like 1

Thanks William and Brad.I am new to forums. Just joined this one. Looks like a lot of good info. Appreciate you guys. BTW sounds like my girl and I are headed to the TT this year. Really excited !!!!