IGNORED

Apparently the R18 bagger fire sale has started.

fourteenfour

11 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon   RTinNC

Actually the R18 is liquid cooled, the liquid used is is oil not water/antifreeze.  

Yes ... but kind of splitting hairs.  I will try and be more specific in the future.   But the R18 is not cooled in the same liquid (anti-freeze) manner as the "wet heads" are cooled. 

On 3/14/2022 at 1:05 PM, wbw6cos said:

On the R18, if they threw you the key fob and said it's yours, would you keep it?

At this point, sure. At least long enough to figure out if I wanted to keep it or not. Really, it's the only way I'd get another bike at this point. I got a new car last month and that's that. A big raise could change it, but that's about as likely as me going to the moon. 

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

R18 has manual valve adjustment, that is a big plus to me. I spent time reading what others say about riding the R18 Transcontinental and most agree that at HWY speed the bike is very stable and planted and NOT affected by winds by any relevant degree. One person even suggested it bettered his Harley in this regard and that is saying something.  

1 minute ago, waltroman said:

R18 has manual valve adjustment, that is a big plus to me. I spent time reading what others say about riding the R18 Transcontinental and most agree that at HWY speed the bike is very stable and planted and NOT affected by winds by any relevant degree. One person even suggested it bettered his Harley in this regard and that is saying something.  

If one can deal with the maintenance of a hexhead, the R18 is the same.