IGNORED

Returning to the BMW cult and how in the world???

Leekg3379

After selling our '07 K1200GT, trying a '12 R1200GS on for size, and a <2 year experiment on a '08 Goldwing, I've returned to the world of BMWs. A really nice '06 R1200RT with ~17k miles appeared locally so I bought it. Interestingly, back in 2006 I test drove an RT at the same time as the GT - and the GT's great motor carried the day. The RT left quite a positive impression though, which has stayed with me, and brought me to this day. 

I want to thank the many forum members who've posted over the years - this site was really useful as I researched the various RT years. The potential problems of the '06 don't concern me - we'll deal with them if/when they occur. Dealing with a broken down motorcycle seems pretty easy compared to a 30' RV with a bad injector, blowing smoke as it rolled into the Walmart in Gallup NM, 750 miles from home. That led to a general muck-up involving inept mechanics, a long, expensive flatbed ride to Flagstaff, rental cars, hotels, etc etc. So forward ho with these two wheels.

After all that, I need your help please! After 28 motorcycles and two previous BMWs I'm mystified by how the clutch lever pivot bolt is removed, so I can lube the thing. Is it hiding under a cap or plug or ??? The parts fiche don't help and a search of various forums has returned zero clues. So how in the heck does it come out?

I suspect I'll be a bit embarrassed by the answer!

Thanks in advance for pulling the curtain back.

Lee 

PXL_20210416_010241444.jpg

8 hours ago, Leekg3379 said:

I need your help please!  I'm mystified by how the clutch lever pivot bolt is removed, so I can lube the thing. Is it hiding under a cap or plug or ??? The parts fiche don't help and a search of various forums has returned zero clues. So how in the heck does it come out?

I suspect I'll be a bit embarrassed by the answer.

Morning Lee 

Should be a pivot bolt accessed from the bottom side of the master cylinder. Probably have to remove the lower cover first.

lkpFHRp.jpg