Jump to content

Wet Head 24k Service Sheet


Skywagon

Recommended Posts

alegerlotz

There is essentially a 6K service and a 12K service and they alternate.

 

If it is time for service and your mileage can be divided evenly by 12, then its a 12K service.  Otherwise its a 6K service.  Brake Fluid is annual the first time and then every two years - both regardless of mileage.

Link to comment
ducati2

if I do my own 24k service, will I be able to reset the onboard info?  or does the dealer need to do that?

Link to comment
On 4/19/2021 at 6:51 PM, alegerlotz said:

There is essentially a 6K service and a 12K service and they alternate.

 

If it is time for service and your mileage can be divided evenly by 12, then its a 12K service.  Otherwise its a 6K service.  Brake Fluid is annual the first time and then every two years - both regardless of mileage.

Exactly what he said ... it really is that simple. 

Link to comment
7 hours ago, ducati2 said:

if I do my own 24k service, will I be able to reset the onboard info?  or does the dealer need to do that?

In order to do the reset yourself, you'll need either a GS911, or a Motoscan app and adapter.

Link to comment
Rougarou
7 hours ago, 92Merc said:

Motoscan app and adapter.

 

I use an old Samsung Galaxy phone that my wife no longer needed to house the Motoscan app. The Galaxy still connects to wi-fi for its "computing" needs/updates,.....just no longer has cell service attached to it.  

 

Works perfectly to reset the stoopid service indicator.

Link to comment
ducati2
2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

 

I use an old Samsung Galaxy phone that my wife no longer needed to house the Motoscan app. The Galaxy still connects to wi-fi for its "computing" needs/updates,.....just no longer has cell service attached to it.  

 

Works perfectly to reset the stoopid service indicator.

interesting.   I have been reading up on the gs911 and the motoscan.   I like your idea of an old galaxy.   So, I take it will not work on my new iphone?  Also, with your current set up, it can reset trouble codes as well as the service code?

Link to comment

Yes, MotoScan is Android only.  I think it needs Internet only just to be updated.  But yes, service codes and trouble codes can be reset.

 

The 2 items missing from MotoScan that GS911 does is the ESA shock reset procedure.  And the ABS pump activation when bleeding brakes.  But the MotoScan isn't locked to a certain number of VIN's like the GS911 regular is.  You have to move up to the expensive GS911 Pro model for unlimited VIN's.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...