IGNORED

Additional Lighting

TSConver

Looking for suggestions to add additional lighting on my 2011 R1200RT.  At night headlights are decent but would like better.  Would like to add driving lights that are effective but also look like they belong.  Already have an addon fuse block to power them.

Just an FYI, with a 2011 RT you should post in the Camhead section, 2010-2013 bikes, but since subtle differences not a big deal.

I have a 2010 RT and first off, I installed LED bulbs in place of the Halogen H7 bulbs, mine are Cyclops, so plug and play, but there are less expensive options out there. In theory, the bulbs are not more powerful or brighter, but the color temperature is more like daylight and so the contrast on the road and things taht the lights hit is better so your eyes see these things at night better.

I also installed Clearwater lights on the forks. For day use I have Yellow covers and these help with visibility to other drivers and at night I remove the covers and they add additional light down the road. These lights also follow the direction of the forks so there is some road following when turning.

More recently I added some Cyclops Aurora lights under the mirrors that add an Amber running light as well as a white LED Aux light. I set these up to project more down the road and only the white light on with high beams.

Both of these are running using a pair of Hex EzCans to be able to do some customized light operations besides just on and off.

Lighting setup

IMG_4166web.jpg

1 hour ago, M Novack said:

Just an FYI, with a 2011 RT you should post in the Camhead section, 2010-2013 bikes, but since subtle differences not a big deal.

I have a 2010 RT and first off, I installed LED bulbs in place of the Halogen H7 bulbs, mine are Cyclops, so plug and play, but there are less expensive options out there. In theory, the bulbs are not more powerful or brighter, but the color temperature is more like daylight and so the contrast on the road and things taht the lights hit is better so your eyes see these things at night better.

I also installed Clearwater lights on the forks. For day use I have Yellow covers and these help with visibility to other drivers and at night I remove the covers and they add additional light down the road. These lights also follow the direction of the forks so there is some road following when turning.

More recently I added some Cyclops Aurora lights under the mirrors that add an Amber running light as well as a white LED Aux light. I set these up to project more down the road and only the white light on with high beams.

Both of these are running using a pair of Hex EzCans to be able to do some customized light operations besides just on and off.

Lighting setup

IMG_4166web.jpg

You are right on the section, not sure why I ended up here, I know where it belongs, lol.

What mounts are you using under the mirrors.  That is what I am really interested in to start with.

I actually just used the included mount with the light, drilled a hole in plastic and put a couple of rubber washers and large washers to reinforce the area for more surface area to support the hole. Only had to remove the turn signal pieces to do this which is just a T-25 torx so very easy.

46EACEB9-D5D9-4BBC-A9FC-D16171DDCF92.jpeg