Bill Cats

r1100rs- anyone know the size of the female brake fitting Line

Bill Cats

1994 BMW 1100 RSL -

I blew  the rear brake line today, the line from the rear caliper to the metal hose hook up right behind the rear brake peddle -

It has a 10mm  banjo fitting at a 45 degree on one line and the other side is a female fitting that the metal line screws into, 

In the past i got generic 10mm to 10mm banjo lines without any issues BUT i do not know the thread size on this fitting,,????  

I see lines specified as 10mm banjo to 3/4 inch female.....     ( is that it .... or ....? ) 

Thanks so much

Edited by Bill Cats

dirtrider
10 hours ago, Bill Cats said:

1994 BMW 1100 RSL -

I blew  the rear brake line today, the line from the rear caliper to the metal hose hook up right behind the rear brake peddle -

It has a 10mm  banjo fitting at a 45 degree on one line and the other side is a female fitting that the metal line screws into, 

In the past i got generic 10mm to 10mm banjo lines without any issues BUT i do not know the thread size on this fitting,,????  

I see lines specified as 10mm banjo to 3/4 inch female.....     ( is that it .... or ....? ) 

Thanks so much

Morning Bill 

It's a German motorcycle built with metric parts so 3/4" anything doesn't sound correct. 

You have your old hose so just measure the fitting size & thread pitch. 

Bill Cats

After doing the research it's a 

AN-3 female connector with a M-10 female with a 1.0 pitch thread

Bill Cats

Hey , just wanted to check back in with you and let you know i DID end up needing  - 

3265-18

Female 10 x 1.0mm Metric Concave Seat to 3AN Male, Steel

I only needed one BUT got 2 JUST because i have another line i want to cut over to standard AN-3 

Thanks for your help and when it arrives ill keep u posted :)))

Safe riding

Lowndes

Bill Cats - have your other brake lines been replaced already??