IGNORED

Drop Peg Re-Fit

pgm

2004 R1150RT

Installed "drop pegs" - lowering the foot rest pegs.

Q: are there instructions on-line how to lower the brake lever to match a lowered foot rest? 

More info -  I finally installed the "stuff" to lower the foot pegs, mostly driven by a non-resolving left meniscus injury.  I am (mostly) happy with the the shifting (missing 2nd gear too much).  The rear brake lever is too high.  I want to lower it.  How do I do that.  I see some adjustment ability, but I think it will not be enough. 

16 minutes ago, pgm said:

2004 R1150RT

Installed "drop pegs" - lowering the foot rest pegs.

Q: are there instructions on-line how to lower the brake lever to match a lowered foot rest? 

More info -  I finally installed the "stuff" to lower the foot pegs, mostly driven by a non-resolving left meniscus injury.  I am (mostly) happy with the the shifting (missing 2nd gear too much).  The rear brake lever is too high.  I want to lower it.  How do I do that.  I see some adjustment ability, but I think it will not be enough. 

Afternoon   pgm

You have to be very careful in adjusting that rear brake pedal. The pedal up-stop also effects the timing on the ABS brake switch. There is more to adjusting that rear brake pedal than most think.

You can move the pedal a little but you need to know what you are dong so get a service manual & study the rear brake stop adjustment. You will also have to change the length of the push rod between the pedal & the master cylinder.

There used to be an aftermarket deal to allow the brake lever to remain in the same place but move the spool down on the lever where your foot contacts it.  (or just have a welding shop move it lower for you)

1 minute ago, dirtrider said:

The pedal up-stop also effects the timing on the ABS brake switch.

You will also have to change the length of the push rod between the pedal & the master cylinder.

I see both adjustments & have a manual.    Will read.

Any further insight on the pedal "up stop" on ABS break switch?  it seems tricky.

14 minutes ago, pgm said:

I see both adjustments & have a manual.    Will read.

Any further insight on the pedal "up stop" on ABS break switch?  it seems tricky.

Afternoon  pgm

Just follow the manual, you can move it a little but you will run out of pushrod travel & the stop bolt will start contacting the switch reed at more & more of an angle. 

Best way is to move the foot spool on the lever (the factory spool gets cut off then a spool on a longer tab gets bolted, or welded, to the lever where the original spool was therefore creating a lower foot spool. 

Maybe give  Wunderlich  a call as they used to offer a lowering kit or lowering bracket for the 1150.