IGNORED

Connie & The Mothership's 1st Track Day with Pictures

dbarc38

Look's like you got all the lean angle the RT's gonna give you! thumbsup.gif BTW, was that you or Connie draggin' the tupperware?

Now, that's the way to get scuff marks! Very cool.

russell_bynum

Yeah Baby!!!!

Just a note, though...Be REAL careful dragging the valve covers like that. Dragging footpegs is one thing, since they fold. But once those valve covers touch, you're out of lean angle and anything more will lever the wheels off the ground. There was a guy on an R1200GS at our Superbike School day at Streets of Willow a few weeks ago who kept dragging his engine guards. Eventually he got in a little hotter than before, dragged an engine guard, and then needed to tighten up the turn. When he tried to lean it more, he levered the tires off the ground and lowsided.

He and the bike were OK, but an RT would not be so lucky.

I don't mean to rain on your/her parade...just a friendly word of advice from a fellow track junkie. smile.gif

Awesome pix, btw!

Russell,

1st and last time for the RT at the track. I understand the danger, hopefully an additional bike will be in my future that will allow me to continue to improve.

Thanks

russell_bynum
Russell,

1st and last time for the RT at the track. I understand the danger, hopefully an additional bike will be in my future that will allow me to continue to improve.

Thanks

The RT really does pretty well at the track, all things considered. And it's definitely nice to get your streetbike out in a nice controlled environment where you can explore the limits.

The good news...You can find track-worthy bikes dirt cheap. You don't need the latest/greatest if you're just out to improve your skills and have fun.

Dave, you might want to keep her on the RT and away from a track bike if you expect to keep up with her. tongue.gif

Looks like you had fun.

beamergirl

Your/her 1st track day??? If I can do half that lean, I'll be happy!! Did Connie have any previous instructions from any of the schools out there off the track?

Great pictures thumbsup.gif

Beamergirl,

Connie has been riding 5 years, no formal instruction besides myself and a few other guys that have inspired her such as Limecreek and SMckinney. She has some natural talent and speed doesnt bother her.

Limecreek,

i think it is already past that point. I remember going down the straight and thinking that i could pass her but then i thought what am i going to do in the curves, she was cooking.

From one women rider to another..."You Go Girl"!!! Awesome pictures and some awesome riding. Thanks for sharing.

pipenslippers

Great photos. Wish I could get anywhere near that. Maybe if a few mates leant it over for me when I was stationary???

RESPECT

cool.gif

Way to go Connie, from another track junkie chica! thumbsup.gif

Get yourself a sport bike out there so you can really have some fun!

Glad you guys had fun. You look great out there! Can't believe that's your first track day!! Take a couple levels from the California Superbike School (or similar) and you'll really be a force to be reckoned with! thumbsup.gif

Archived