IGNORED

Today's GS ride......

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

As you may have read already I test-rode the 1200GS Adventure today. My 'test report' can be found here!

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/683770/an/0/page/0#Post683770

But the actual ride is perhaps also worthy of a Ride Tale..... I went to Badhoevedorp, near Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport, for a 10.000 km maintenance (I actually have 11.700 on it already).

Since the dealer told me it would take some 4 hours (2-3 hours for the bike to cool off to begin with), and I did not fancy riding all the way home and then back to Amsterdam again on a 100-year old K75 or something, I figured I might as well test the GS and spend the remainder of the time reading a book (I have this wonderful German book of ALL of the Alps passes !! wink.gif ).

So after I got back from my test ride I was hungry (going towards 10:30 at the time).

Fortunately Harry Meyer (the msterdam BMW dealer) knew I was coming and had prepared coffee and cookies.

As is good custom on these here boards, here's a picture of the FOOD to begin with !!

69330671-L.jpg

But hang on.. lets start at the beginning !

This (favorite) parking spot happens to be only 2 clicks from the dealer..... good place to make some photos of my temporary stallion

69330648-L.jpg

I was lucky this time... Saturday morning is BUSY and the wind was coming from the right direction..... so landings on RWY 5.....

TWO hobbies in ONE picture

69330653-L.jpg

It looks pretty 'top-heavy' doesn't it?

Well, IT IS !! Lots of protective tubing too..... a real tank!!

69330655-L.jpg

I didn't mention it in my test report, but I wasn't too fond of the red foamy thing..... looks a bit silly. As if one would break his/her teeth on the bars on braking !? And I KNOW it's a BMW...... gosh !

69330657-L.jpg

This is s GREAT place for such pictures.... but I need to get me another lense one of these days.....

69330661-L.jpg

Back at the dealer.. this is part of his showroom....

69330663-L.jpg

Returned the GS without any scratches but with a few more bugs on it....

69330667-L.jpg

'Arno', who sold us our RT and is a very freindly young man. They just gave me the RT and I was gone for an hour.. no problem.

When I did tests at other dealers I had to fill in forms and got 30 minutes sharp to 'test'...... guess what ??

69330676-L.jpg

I sat here until 2:30 or so (and I arrived at 9 pm). Took a little bit longer than anticipated. Next time I might get that K75 after all.....

But it was nice sitting there with all new 1200RT's and other BMW's to look at. Read some interesting motor magazines, part of my book and had some good chats with staff and customers!!

69330679-L.jpg

End of a good Saturday !!!! clap.gifclap.gif

Francois .. wishing you all a great and safe weekend !! wave.gif

Francois_Dumas
Francois,

We have people who pay extra to buy the red foamy thing. wave.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Obviously I am a total layman when it comes to GS's and their specific 'cult' smirk.gifdopeslap.gif

John Ranalletta

Francois, great pix. Is that an 800 in the top pic? I didn't know they were for sale yet.

Thanks,

Francois, great pix. Is that an 800 in the top pic? I didn't know they were for sale yet.

Thanks,

The F800's were launched on May 15th here in the UK, I expect they will get across the pond next year if BMW are true to form.

Andy

Francois_Dumas

Thanks,

Yup, it's brandnew. That was the reason for the 'coffee table' with the cookies (that I delved into during my 4 hours wait smirk.gifsmirk.gif ).

John Ranalletta

What's your take on that bike. I think I'd have one today if they were available here.

Thanks..

Francois_Dumas

It looks good, but it is just not my 'kind' of bike. I am the RT-type of rider I think wink.gif

Archived