IGNORED

MotoGP to come back to life this weekend 3-26,27,28

chrisolson

:5200:

Minus Marc Marquez ... he's not scheduled to suit up until Portugal.  It will be interesting to see if he can return to his previous mastery of the sport .... unfortunately I think that's gonna be a long shot.  As most of us know, besides good hardware and technique,  the "feel" is everything in going fast ... and being off the bike for so long has to take its toll. Where before he'd push and push to the limit without serious consequence there also has to be just that little bit of hesitation now having experienced how devastating crashes can be.  Maybe he can work through it ... maybe not.

But that leaves the series w_i_d_e open.  Lots of quick experienced riders , lots of quick rookies, lots of new bikes .... its gonna be great !!

• Like 2

It’s on US television live, 11:30 pm - 1:30, if you get NBC Sports. Otherwise, like me, it’s MotoGP video pass time. Looking forward to Jack Miller bagging some wins this year.

6 minutes ago, Janky59 said:

Otherwise, like me, it’s MotoGP video pass time.

Same here for many years.  If you love the racing and can afford it, its the best ticket for all the GP classes including historical races.  Tried regular TV once long time ago and about threw a shoe at the TV ... the coverage was soooooo  bad.  Maybe its gotten better.

• Like 1

I’m a little worried about who is going to do the race commentary. It took me a while to mesh with the last guys after Nick Harris retired. I still miss him, but I eventually got in the groove with last guys.

If the guys who have done the After the Flag show are the race guys, ummm, well, we’ll see.

19 hours ago, Janky59 said:

I’m a little worried about who is going to do the race commentary. It took me a while to mesh with the last guys after Nick Harris retired. I still miss him, but I eventually got in the groove with last guys.

If the guys who have done the After the Flag show are the race guys, ummm, well, we’ll see.

Yep, miss Nick also, although he could also be a bit repetitive :cool:  at times.  And although I did finally warm up to Steve Day , even on an off day he's by far preferable to Louis Suddaby.  Simon hopefully will still be on board ... I like his tech videos and other solo presentations, but his in-race interviews leave something to be desired.

But the star of the show still has to be the racing ...  really looking forward to an open competition where there are many potential contenders.  But poor announcing / commentary was one reason I will never watch NBC coverage of MotoGP  so like you I hope the old race announcer team stays in place.

***SPOILER****

MotoGP - Vinales wins, Moto2, Zarco and Bagnaia Ducati 2nd and 3rd - Lowes wins, Roberts 6th, Cameron Beaubier - 11th from 22nd, Moto3 -  Masia wins, rookie Acosta 2nd, Binder 3rd. Great racing all round.

Edited by Whip
Needed a warning.
39 minutes ago, lawnchairboy said:

no spoiler warning...  

Yes it would have been preferable. ....  @041100S for future reference the "eye" symbol in the editor menu ...

1221409381_ScreenShot2021-03-28at2_18_37PM.png.cadd393e4af6a6cc1e089f0c06c2692b.png

creates the spoiler feature ....

not mandated , just a curtesy  for those who might watch the race(s) on MototGP later in the day or this evening

On 3/30/2021 at 4:04 PM, Bill_Walker said:

I'll just say that those were some cracking good races!  

And we get so see more Sunday the 4th !!  Field again looks pretty good across several  rider / manufacturer combos. 

Watched the Sunday race in the lobby/dining room on the Big Screen of Two Wheels Only in Suches, GA with 75 or so of my closest friends.  It was enthralling.  It interrupted many conversations and mouthfulls in the room yesterday!!  Had to concentrate on going slowly on the way home but didn't totally succeed!!

Its definitely more entertaining than the "Marc Marquez show"..... nothing against Marc, but nice to see a bit more uncertainty enter into the races.  Who'd have forecast Zarco being where he is  ?

But Dubai is a Ducati track with the long straight ... be interesting to see the Honda's , KTM's and maybe even Aprilla have a more equal chance at Portugal

Great race. If the Duc’s can figure out tire wear they are going to be tough. Their straight away power is something else. Yami need some speed. Rossi need to quit making tire excuses

Bill_Walker
On 4/3/2021 at 4:37 PM, chrisolson said:

And we get so see more Sunday the 4th !!  Field again looks pretty good across several  rider / manufacturer combos. 

And we got another trio of cracking good races!  Moto3, in particular, was one for the ages.