IGNORED

Tillamook, OR & Beyond

Chunky

My first big ride snce moving to Oregon happened today. The idea for the ride came, as one of many did, from motorcycle forums. Thanks for suggesting Hwy 6 to Tillamook gang. Great twisty road with little traffic & super scenery. I finished at the ocean and enjoyed a cup of java at the Anchor Inn before heading back. Next it was lunch at the Helvetia Tavern and a Jumbo Burger all the way. Yum! 1/2 pound of delightful protein. My blood sugar was low, you understand! I even managed a pic of the entertaining animals across from the Tavern. This is a family forum so I'll not go into details of what they were doing. Finally, pics from Bob. Enjoy!

Tillamook_1.jpgTillamook_2.jpg

Tillamook_3.jpgHelvetia_Tavern_2.jpg

Helvetia_Animals.jpg

Great welcome to OR. We did a motorhome trip out on the coast starting in Tilamook. Absolutely beautiful. Ride more. Send more pics. And don't forget to wave. wave.gif

Fasterpill

Glad the weather finally cleared up. And it's nice to know where that protein comes from:

Helvetia_Animals.jpg

Firefight911

The Pacific coastline is truly beautiful!

Loved the pics and am glad to hear/see that you are settling in nicely!

Thanks! thumbsup.gifwave.gif

No cheese or ice cream? grin.gif

When we visited Tillamook a few years ago, we considered setting up camp in front of the Creamery Association visitor center and just pigging out for a few days. But, as good as the delectables were, the roads and scenery to and from there were better. thumbsup.gif

Firefight911
Next time in Tillamook, a couple of diversions are the cheese factory and the aircraft museum.

Aircraft museum? Inquiring minds WANT to know more! Any pics?

Yeah....next time you've GOT to stop in at the cheese factory for some of the best ice cream you'll ever eat! And if you're into air flight, the Spruce Goose is hangared at an air museum just outside of Mcminville, half way home from the coast.

Yeah....next time you've GOT to stop in at the cheese factory for some of the best ice cream you'll ever eat! And if you're into air flight, the Spruce Goose is hangared at an air museum just outside of Mcminville, half way home from the coast.

The McMinnville museum is well worth the viewing!

http://www.sprucegoose.org/

Fasterpill

There's a second Air Museum in Tillamook, too. So there's quite a bit to see in the area if you're into older avaition.

Well gang, looks like I'm gonna make another trip to Tillamook because I missed the cheese factory & two air museums. "Sigh" It's such a responsibility seeing everything in one lifetime! blush.gif

There's a second Air Museum in Tillamook, too. So there's quite a bit to see in the area if you're into older avaition.

Great! I was only aware of the one.

What and where is the second Tillamook air museum?

Check the posting two writers up. He mentioned a second museum. I'm just the new guy.

Kobo,

I provided links to both the Tillamook air museum above and the McMinnville air museum which is inland a ways.

Both were mentioned prior to me posting links, but only one is in Tillamook.

Archived