IGNORED

How long can it last

taylor1

Yesterday I woke up my airhead from a short winter's nap and decided on an afternoon ride. Checked tire pressure and oil , fired right up. Put about 150 miles on it with multiple

stops. When I got back home I thought about the starting and stopping , and how strong the battery was. Decide to check maintenance records , and to my surprise , Odyssey  PC 680

was installed 10 yrs and 2 months ago. Never on a tender , though I upgraded  the VR years back.  Talking about getting your money's worth.  Just wondering how long that battery could last.

• Like 1

My first Harley’s battery lasted seven years. It died one day before the new owner came to pick up the bike.  :dopeslap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
duckbubbles

When I bought my R1100S three years ago, it had an Odyssey installed that was marked Oct. 2010.  I kept that battery in it until recently.  It would start easily and would come up to an indicated 100% on my BMW charger.  After 10 years (as it was marked) I decided to replace it with another Odyssey (PC680).  The bike spins over about twice as fast as the previous battery.  So it wasn't as strong as indicated by the charger.

Frank

I usually replaced my R1100's batteries about every 5-6 years.  Never had one fail, just was being proactive to avoid getting stuck. YMMV.  The AGM batteries now probably will easily last a decade if not put under too much temperature or discharge stress.  I never used a trickle charger, or disconnected the battery over long storage periods either and no problems here.  Only time I ever got slightly worried was riding over the continental divide and it took a lot of cranking to get the motor to fire at that altitude.