IGNORED

2015 R1200RT ESA Failure?

profbodryak

profbodryak

Hi everyone, 

On a 2 up ride last week I changed the suspension setting to 2 up with both rider and passenger on the bike when the setting was changed. The indicator changed to grey as per usual but never turned white. Ever sincr while idling it makes intermittent whirring noise. Am I definitely looking at a shock failure or has the servo motor somehow gotten off track? Anyone experienced anything similar and what was the solution? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. 

When changing from 1 to two up the bike MUST BE SATIONARY . You can both be on the bike but you have to be stopped to change this setting. I ride 2 up all the time with my wife. All the other settings can be changed on the fly but you have to be stopped to go from 1 up to 2 up and you will actually feel the bike raise in height. I have a 2015 and it works perfectly

profbodryak

It makes total sense because the rider number setting is unavailable while moving and it will not adjust during movement. Wondering what may have happened. 

You may want to get someone with a GS-911 have them run the calibration for the shock.  It just may need that run.  I do it, and every test in the GS-911 when I do my 6K services.   It just may be confused from a low battery or some other bit or byte got confused.  If no GS-911 you can disconnect the battery for a time and then connect it and that may clear it up.

I also found out on my 15 RT that you could not change that on the fly after removing a dry bag from the rear seat and forgetting to change it.  We were going down the road and I could not get it, and as soon as we stopped for breakfast it changed no issue.

Never tried on the GS as I dont really push any buttons on it other then start. 

profbodryak
5 hours ago, LAF said:

You may want to get someone with a GS-911 have them run the calibration for the shock.  It just may need that run.  I do it, and every test in the GS-911 when I do my 6K services.   It just may be confused from a low battery or some other bit or byte got confused.  If no GS-911 you can disconnect the battery for a time and then connect it and that may clear it up.

I also found out on my 15 RT that you could not change that on the fly after removing a dry bag from the rear seat and forgetting to change it.  We were going down the road and I could not get it, and as soon as we stopped for breakfast it changed no issue.

Never tried on the GS as I dont really push any buttons on it other then start. 

Thank you for the comment LAF. I did get a new battery on it recently but it was a few days in between the change and the issue. Visiting the dealer this Saturday for a code read. How long to disconnect it for?